Texas A&M wants the Seahawks to pay more

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Have you been to that college town?

It is a backwater piece of crap, where little boys dress in soldier uniforms and pretend to play army.

I have some hilarious photos of the place, (and some sad ones monuments to dead slave owners...) some just weird stuff not that far from the Bush museum.

I find it hilarious that A&M thinks they are the only people that can count to 12. Clearly 11 people on one side means having an additional player would make them the 12th.

By the way, their "12th man" tradition is totally different. It isn't about the crowd, it is about letting some walkon play. Which makes sense because they are a mid-tier barely relevant school in whatever conference they go to. People noticed them this year because of one player but mostly they go to barely there bowls or put in slightly above .500 seasons.

I will give you that they have a nice history of turning out linebackers and their women are relatively easy. I used to fly out there for the second batch occasionally. Also, there is a place that sells triple deep fried Bacon in Snook that I wanted to try. So besides slightly below room temperature IQ blondes that are easy to nail, there really isn't much that location has going for it.

I can see why they think few people can count to 12 without violating their trademark but most people on the West Coast pretty much have the counting to 12 thing nailed before preschool.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2pfpf0vj said:
By the way, their "12th man" tradition is totally different. It isn't about the crowd, it is about letting some walkon play.

Wrong. But feel free to continue with your version.

"The first known instance of Texas A&M referring to its fanbase as the "12th Man" is contained on page 17 of the 25 November 1921 edition of The Battalion, the Texas A&M campus newspaper.[12] Current Texas A&M students call themselves the 12th Man."

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
IMO take them to court and have their trademark revoked. There is documented evidence that shows this phrase was used by the public, well before 1989, which should hold up a reason to revoke the trademark.

Anyone familiar with Harley and their attempts to impose trademark rights on the term "Hog" knows what I am talking about.

If they want to get greedy and nasty, we should do it back to them.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Their 12th man affects nothing, ours causes earthquakes and false starts. I'd stop paying them the second they wanted more and let them try to come get it.

seedhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":38uaxr7p said:
Have you been to college town?

It is a backwater piece of crap, where little boys dress in soldier uniforms and pretend to play army.

I have some hilarious photos of the place, (and some sad ones monuments to slave owners...some just weird stuff not that far from the Bush museum.

I find it hilarious that A&M thinks they are the only people that can count to 12. Clearly 11 people on one side means having an additional player would make them the 12th.

By the way, their "12th man" tradition is totally different. It isn't about the crowd, it is about letting some walkon play. Which makes sense because they are a mid-tier barely relevant school in whatever conference they go to. People noticed them this year because of one player but mostly they go to barely there bowls or put in slightly above .500 seasons.

I will give you that they have a nice history of turning out linebackers and their women are relatively easy. I used to fly out there for the second batch occasionally. Also, there is a place that sells triple deep fried Bacon in Snook that I wanted to try. So besides slightly below room temperature IQ blondes that are easy to nail, there really isn't much that location has going for it.

I can see why they think few people can count to 12 without violating their trademark but most people on the West Coast pretty much have the counting to 12 thing nailed before preschool.

Darwin Award post of the decade.

drdiags

Reaction score
I won't dismiss the Aggies fans and their feelings about protecting the nickname they feel is theirs. Interesting to see the Iowa school is credited with being the first to use the phrase.

I have seen our fans scoff at other NFL fanbases that had a version of the 12th Man, along with flags. They do the eye-roll thing when other players talk about their twelfth man. Look at our folks when anyone dares raise the question of if they are really the most passionate fans. No way to measure but you have a fight on your hands if you debate it too strongly.

Not trying to minimize anyone's feeling on this topic and it helps pass the time, but until lawsuits are filed or a court injunction is ordered for Seattle to cease using the phrase, I will try to look at both sides of the argument. Even with the agreement it hasn't stopped this type of resentment from both sides of the dispute.