Thanksgiving Game at Levi's

Marvin49

Reaction score
IndyHawk":cuxd7ty7 said:
I wonder how many -if any NET guys will be going..Since Marvin chose to high tail out of it(Jk)..

LOL.

It was a killer tho. I'm a first time season ticket holder and really wanted to go to that game. When I found out it was on Thanksgiving.....ug.

At least the tix sold tho...for GOOD money too.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Followthelegion":ab03jp5l said:
Thanks to all you guys for the input, the humour definitely improved my day!! :D

It will be my first time going to a Hawks game so pretty excited. As long as I'm not obnoxious and drunk hopefully things will be alright. Definitely taking a jacket to zip up after the game when leaving the stadium, particularly if we can grind out an unexpected (but not improbable) W.

I saw that it was a 5:30 kick-off, in the UK at the moment that would mean darkness, rain and temperatures around 6/7 degress but earlier post mentioned Sun which is encouraging!

Can't say for sure, but pretty sure the sun will dip below the horizon just at or a bit after kickoff.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1byh3jz6 said:
You will be fine, if you can handle Rugby matches in the UK, Levi stadium will seem tame.

Rugby fans are the most placid, family friendly bunch you'll ever meet. It's soccer (football) fans who are the issue. There's absolutely no way in hell an 'away' fan can sit with the home fans in pretty much any stadium in the English football league. Not a chance. Not unless you want to spend the night in hospital.

Personally I'd rather eliminate any doubt and not wear the Hawks jersey to the San Fran game. That bathroom beat down was scary, and the rivalry is beyond intense these days. Plus there's the scum bag element of that fan base (not even worth trying to deny it). Good luck if you go through with the plan.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":xzfocshv said:
IndyHawk":xzfocshv said:
I wonder how many -if any NET guys will be going..Since Marvin chose to high tail out of it(Jk)..

LOL.

It was a killer tho. I'm a first time season ticket holder and really wanted to go to that game. When I found out it was on Thanksgiving.....ug.

I bet they did.....

ringless

Reaction score
I know this thread isn't about the game itself so much... But it creates a great situation for playoff implications. Not just because it's divisional of course. But in the fact that the teams can't afford to swap wins or go 1-1 against each other. One has to sweep the other for a decent shot at the playoffs. There are 9 games left as it stands now. Lets say they go 1-1, that brings us down to 7 games remaining. With how tiebreakers stand now both teams need to win 3 more games than the Cardinals in the remaining 7 games.....
So if the Cards went 5-2... Both would be eliminated in theory.
4-3 One would have to go 7-0 again in theory.
3-4 One would have to go 6-1
2-6 One would have to go 5-2

I dont think people realize how deep the hole can become if all the teams win this week in regards to playoff implications. Just some of my thoughts anyways. Whoever wins this game, has to win the next!

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":1ozmbrcu said:
I know this thread isn't about the game itself so much... But it creates a great situation for playoff implications. Not just because it's divisional of course. But in the fact that the teams can't afford to swap wins or go 1-1 against each other. One has to sweep the other for a decent shot at the playoffs. There are 9 games left as it stands now. Lets say they go 1-1, that brings us down to 7 games remaining. With how tiebreakers stand now both teams need to win 3 more games than the Cardinals in the remaining 7 games.....
So if the Cards went 5-2... Both would be eliminated in theory.
4-3 One would have to go 7-0 again in theory.
3-4 One would have to go 6-1
2-6 One would have to go 5-2

I dont think people realize how deep the hole can become if all the teams win this week in regards to playoff implications. Just some of my thoughts anyways. Whoever wins this game, has to win the next!

I think we all know this but expect (hope) the Cards slow down. Also, This last week the Wild Card became more reachable.

Largent80

Reaction score
So you don't have to go to the bathroom and avoid being attacked from behind, buy a beer, drink it and pee into it after you are done, leave it on one of the concourses, and wait for some 9er fan to pick it up....... :lol:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Largent80":18d8g4iy said:
So you don't have to go to the bathroom and avoid being attacked from behind, buy a beer, drink it and pee into it after you are done, leave it on one of the concourses, and wait for some 9er fan to pick it up....... :lol:

...and drink it....make sure the can is Coors Light so the flavor dont taste much different. :mrgreen:

byau

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":231w09v4 said:
Personally I'd rather eliminate any doubt and not wear the Hawks jersey to the San Fran game.

This .. not even worth the trouble. Unfortunately :(

rideaducati

Reaction score
Niner "fans" at the stadium are pussies. They won't attack you unless they're in a group and you'll know that group because they will pay more attention to you than the game. Just steer clear of those pricks. Use a stall in the bathroom because even if they don't stab you, they will push you while you're taking a leak...of course, from behind like a coward. There will be the "instigator" that will ONLY talk shit from a few seats away. Don't get into it with the coward, just talk to his buddies like the coward isn't even there. This pisses the coward off and endears you to his buddies. The coward is a coward after all and you don't need to be afraid of him. I always make fun of the coward to his buddies and they usually admit that the coward gets them into bad situations a lot with his mouth. By halftime, the buddies usually get the coward to shut up and he will turn his attention elsewhere.

I have gone to several niner games wearing Seahawk gear and did the same thing every time...it works.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":2t4ruxbt said:
IndyHawk":2t4ruxbt said:

LOL.

Seahawk fan prolly bought them.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Largent80":1ojw4xh2 said:
I think a rainbow speedo would make you a LOT of friends.

Plus they aren't so tough, We went in 2009, in the cheap seats and the best they could do was throw french fries at one of the guys in our group.

Did you challenge him to a fight?

Largent80

Reaction score
Wasn't my war. If you begin jawing with people in the cheap seats, that is what you will get, if you are cool, you will get ribbed but nobody is going to attack you. I don't go to a football game to fight someone, which I find to be very juvenile.

I must say though, we were well represented as far as muscle was concerned.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Largent80":17omkid7 said:
Wasn't my war. If you begin jawing with people in the cheap seats, that is what you will get, if you are cool, you will get ribbed but nobody is going to attack you. I don't go to a football game to fight someone, which I find to be very juvenile.

Just seemed like your thing after some of the posts you have made here. Surprised you didn't back up your tough talk.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
WendellWent":1jffz9in said:
Largent80":1jffz9in said:

Just seemed like your thing after some of the posts you have made here. Surprised you didn't back up your tough talk.
Ooh, nice sideways personal attack. Guessing I'm not the only one that will that though.

WendellWent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":19dnuxsc said:
WendellWent":19dnuxsc said:
Largent80":19dnuxsc said:

Ooh, nice sideways personal attack. Guessing I'm not the only one that will that though.

Not an attack, honest observation/question.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Meh they're all a bunch of pussies. Been there twice (not the new Stadium though). Nobody said crap to me. Plus like last year there will probably be tons of Hawk fans there. Just go about your own business and don't sweat it. Soak in the game and atmosphere, everything else is negligible. Let us know how it went. I am interested from a foreigner's perspective, and what you think of their new stadium :D

Largent80

Reaction score
WendellWent":xom0nrye said:
Largent80":xom0nrye said:

I went there to party with about 40 guys from this site. And, to watch a football game. This wasn't like going to a karate tournament, you know, to have FUN.....jeezus man, some people just have nothing else to do. Especially since they don't even know a person.

I would say, instead of focusing on me, focus on the thread and what it is about. If you have a problem with me, PM me and we can meet and can figure that out on our own. Quit polluting the forum with bullshit. I've had it with these vigilante, stir the pot asshats, and I'll send every comment to a mod until you clean it up, or your alternative is a BAN.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Largent80":1h9tchxb said:
WendellWent":1h9tchxb said:
Largent80":1h9tchxb said:

I went there to party with about 40 guys from this site. And, to watch a football game. This wasn't like going to a karate tournament, you know, to have FUN.....jeezus man, some people just have nothing else to do. Especially since they don't even know a person.

I would say, instead of focusing on me, focus on the thread and what it is about. If you have a problem with me, PM me and we can meet and can figure that out on our own. Quit polluting the forum with bullshit. I've had it with these vigilante, stir the pot asshats, and I'll send every comment to a mod until you clean it up, or your alternative is a BAN.

You brought it up brother, I was honestly surprised that you didn't get into a fight considering some of the stories you have heard on here. That's cool that you can resist that side of your personality sometimes.

I've been to SF, and am going to SC for Thanksgiving. Never worried about wearing my Hawk gear, but then again I don't go looking for trouble either. Granted trouble seems to find innocent people, so just be cautious of your surroundings. Definitely suggest against getting drunk.

pehawk

Reaction score
Good lord Rob, Wendell is actually Lief.

Latest posts