Thanksgiving

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
The Radish":2cgkld3v said:
Best to you all. I think I have a bit extra to be thankful for this year.

:D

p.s. leaving in about 5 minutes to pick up the wife at rehab hospital and bring her home.

Glad for you both... Hope all is getting better and healing days are ahead. Several years ago my wife was going through her chemo on thanksgiving day and two years ago we were at the hospital for emergency gall bladder surgery... it's good to finally have that stuff in the rear view mirror and have some perspective on what we are truly thankful for. We are fresh off of losing our Golden Retriever two weeks ago, but this year we are toasting a glass of wine and enjoying not being at the hospital.

I feel pretty lucky all things considered, this time of year is time to reflect and appreciate for me, and of course be thankful for what we have. Saying some prayers that our friends and family are in good health, and also saying a prayer for our country. I always try to imagine what those pilgrims were thinking when they came up with this holiday (and if they knew we would be watching football, surfing Seahawks.net online on a laptop from my recliner and that some people would be starting the Christmas "Black Friday" shopping madness at midnight). They were probably thankful they had food from the harvest and decent shelter.

Perspective...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.