That One Hurts - Some Themes of the Loss

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
A few overarching themes:

- Need another DT. Mone was missed out there. Horrible week for him to be out against Derrick Henry, who came alive as they kept feeding him.

- Coverage actually wasn't horrible against as tough of a top-2 wide receiver duo you'll ever go against.

- The time of possession battle was crucially lost by Seattle. The defense was gassed for the whole second half, but held up admirably in the first overtime possession.

- Russell had a bad second half. Outside of the broken coverage plays, there really wasn't much there to keep the chains moving, putting the defense on the field yet again. Uncatchable balls, bad sacks, what should've been running ten yards backwards into a safety...

- The offensive line is starting to sustain some worrying injuries. The starting unit is relatively strong, but if they start breaking the continuity, then we could see Fuller regress hard at center and Shell is a big loss if he can't go.

- A good rushing attack would have been of great help to Seattle this week. 14 rushing plays simply isn't gonna get it done if Russell isn't on fire.

- Cody Barton really sucks

Not all doom and gloom. Tennessee has one hell of a roster. Seattle should've won, but in many ways, didn't deserve to. Not every game will be good and Waldron isn't a miracle fix. It'll be interesting to see how they rebound offensively next week. They can't lose many more out of division games - the NFC West is an absolute slaughterhouse this year.

Slick

Reaction score
The 2nd half caused me to ralph up my garlic chicken pizza and Miller High Life that I ate in the first half. All is not lost though; I think the team will learn.

Side note: is DK a little too hyped? What’s his deal?