The 2016 Seattle Mariners (Official season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3ov6ex6n said:
It's kind of weird timing. The Mariners are finally surging and he steps down, reminds me of Mike Hargrove back in 2007. I also wonder if he planned to do this right before the NFL draft. I think Howard knew he would garner a lot of attention (not the kind attention he will want, a lot of "hooray he's gone!"), therefore he dropped the news right before the NFL draft, knowing it would get swept under the news cycle.

My guess is this has been in the works for quite some time, and privately the other members of the ownership group probably knew. Probably would have happened regardless of how they've done to start the year.

Either way, it's great news.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2avdy9p7 said:
Hawk-Lock":2avdy9p7 said:
What a glorious day, Lincoln is retiring.

Good! Go back to Nintendo, they need the help.

I agree. Honestly, he should never have been transferred by Hiroshi Yamauchi. Howard Lincoln, the bane of M's fan's existence, was one of the best things to ever happen to Nintendo of America.

Chapow

Reaction score
4 series wins in a row now.

Several pretty cool milestones in the past 2 games as well.

Seager hit his 100th HR.

Cano hit his 1000th RBI and 10th grand slam.

Karns had his best start at the MLB level going 7 shutout innings with only 2 hits. He was hitting 95 mph with his fastball regularly.

Walker tied his career high with 11 Ks including each of the last 6 batters he faced.

And most importantly,

OH MY GAWD!!! LINCOLN IS GONE!!! BUH BYE and GTFO!!! :179417:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Finally!!!Lincoln is gone!!! Someone tell Mizzou,I know she will be so happy.Go M'S!!!!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I do think Chuck Armstrong was the bigger problem than Lincoln, but obviously both were problems. Armstrong was the one who hired Bavasi and Jack Z. Good to see the M's heading in the right direction.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
In the press conference- Nintendo of America is selling it's majority stake to other partners

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Not till August though when the league approves it. Bizarre timing right to announce right before the NFL draft.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I think Softy summed it up best: thanks Nintendo for keeping the team here when we needed someone but time to go and start winning with new owners.

m0ng0

Reaction score
does this mean the team is for sale? Safeco is too nice of a place to not have a team.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
m0ng0":1h9p31gq said:
does this mean the team is for sale? Safeco is too nice of a place to not have a team.

No they sold the stake to the minority owner. Some Microsoft billionaire guy who is from Bellevue. Team is safe long term.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":pajt1cwn said:
Not till August though when the league approves it. Bizarre timing right to announce right before the NFL draft.
I think it's just a coincidence.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Dear Howie,
Buh bye......and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Sincerely, all Ms fans that would like to see a World Series champion in Seattle.

getnasty

Reaction score
Man things are looking up for the M's. Hopefully the Mariners not being on board with the Sonics coming back changes with the ownership.

kearly

Reaction score
Even though the Mariners lost tonight, it was good to see that they kept threatening to score almost every inning and led off a lot of innings with baserunners. The Astros had the edge in clusterluck tonight but the Mariners actually put more runners on the basepaths overall.

Hopefully the Mariners offense can continue to warm up.

Hawker

Reaction score
The Astros had our number seemingly all of last season. So I'll happily take 2 out of 3 every time, regardless of opponent, but it's extra special against the 'Stros. It is nice to see them back in their rightful spot; dead last. :mrgreen:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
getnasty":102rb2kd said:
Man things are looking up for the M's. Hopefully the Mariners not being on board with the Sonics coming back changes with the ownership.

You'd think so, what with Stanton being a former minority owner in the Sonics, but he's already commented and come out against the Sonic's arena due to location.

As far as new ownership? Anything's better than a Japanese board room 5,000 miles away + Lincoln and Armstrong. BUT, I'm not crazy with this being a bunch of minority owners with no real clear majority owner that can be the face of the franchise and make the tough decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.