The 2016 Seattle Mariners (Official season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Maybe I can start rooting for the Mariners again now that Lincoln and Armstrong are both gone. They were the ones that recommended Clay Bennett to the Basketball Club of Seattle when the team went up for sale.

Everyone hates Howard Shultz but the Lincoln and Armstrong were instrumental in vouching for Bennett as the new owner of the Sonics and thus getting rid of competition for their sports dollar.

I have hated the mariners due to this but without those who were responsible I guess I can quit hating on the local team.

kearly

Reaction score
That home run was a foot from getting caught. Had it been a foot shorter, the Mariners are no-hit through 8 innings and probably heading towards 0-0 in extras. Crazy.

sutz

Reaction score
kearly":23n58zk5 said:
That home run was a foot from getting caught. Had it been a foot shorter, the Mariners are no-hit through 8 innings and probably heading towards 0-0 in extras. Crazy.
Game of inches :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
....and the last out of the game was TAGGED. Martin made a great catch.
Our closer is scary.

sutz

Reaction score
Miley just closed out 8 scoreless innings.

:shock:

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3g3wo1h6 said:
sutz":3g3wo1h6 said:
Miley just pitched a complete game shutout!!!

:shock:
There fixed for you! 8)

Miley was the last guy I expected to see that from.
I know. He got a lot of heat from folks around here. Pretty good outing. :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
That horrible case of BABIP-itis that has plagued the Mariners all season seems to be infecting their opponents as well.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Miley pitched his 1st shutout in over 120 tries.M's are winning and it's all ugly good.

kearly

Reaction score
Bah. Every time the Mariners are in line for a series sweep, they can't produce a clutch hit to save their lives.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sweeps are nice but yeah series wins matter in the long run.I'm happy with the M's at this point

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Walker got jobbed by Lady Luck today. Had 4 blooper/broken bat flares that fell in for the first 2 runs and then an error caused the 3rd run. I give KC credit for fouling off a ton of pitches and upping his pitch count though.

Hawker

Reaction score
Tough loss for Walker who didn't pitch bad at all. M's couldn't cash in on a couple of bases loaded situations. Happily take 2/3 from the defending champs. Didn't lose ground, Rangers & A's both lost as well.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, they pulled out another one. I thought Cishek was going full Rodney there for a minute though.

:180670:

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
sutz":zik23nf4 said:
Well, they pulled out another one. I thought Cishek was going full Rodney there for a minute though.

He is 7 of 7 in save opportunities, but he still rattles me a bit because even Cishek seems like he doesn't know where the pitches are going on a throw-by-throw basis.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":29rmh817 said:
sutz":29rmh817 said:

He is 7 of 7 in save opportunities, but he still rattles me a bit because even Cishek seems like he doesn't know where the pitches are going on a throw-by-throw basis.
Sort of like a young Randy Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.