The 2016 Seattle Mariners (Official season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2_0_6

Reaction score
This city is STARVING for a good baseball team to root for during the dog days of summer. Crappy timing for Felix to actually have a decent team around him to go out on an injury for so long.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
A big flaw in the M's is being exposed, little to no depth on this team.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Simply put, Aoki has a noodle arm, takes bad routes to balls, and is horrible on the bases.
O'Malley is a AAA player at best.
Romero sucks.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Maybe we should have given Lincecum a look. He's been washed up for years now, but did have a good debut last week with the Angels. I guess at the time he was working out for teams our SP didn't look like a complete disaster like it is now.

kearly

Reaction score
Chris Taylor traded for a AAA starter. I love this trade, no more Chris Taylor!

Taylor is the one former Mariner who could go on to hit .330 somewhere else and I would never second guess the move to get rid of him.

2_0_6

Reaction score
This team reminds me of the teams in the 90's we saw play in the Kingdome. All kinds of power, and no consistent pitching.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2bh0qpe2 said:
This team reminds me of the teams in the 90's we saw play in the Kingdome. All kinds of power, and no consistent pitching.
Yeah, it's sad. Is it safe to say that this far into the season, the trades for Miley and five innings have backfired? Considering the fact that Brad Miller was dealt, I'd say it's a fail. Logan was decent, and Miller would've been a good utility man. Light years better than guys like O'Malley and Taylor.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I for one was not sad to see Miller or Lomo go away. The constant batting right around or under .200 just doesn't cut it.

kearly

Reaction score
Hardest part about this collapse is that it's happening almost exclusively with 1 and 2 run games, including a lot of games where Seattle led after the 6th inning.

I saw a stat today that Seattle was something like 10-14 in one run games, while Texas is 17-4 in such games. Seattle has been brutal in 2 run games as well.

The season isn't over by any means but this has been the toughest month I can remember in some time. Probably the most depressing month since August 2002 when the M's squandered an AL best record and the A's AND Angels could not lose a game (the former even had a movie made about it).

Hawker

Reaction score
These 1 run tough losses are heartbreaking. From 10 games over .500 to just 2 now. And 9 back of Texas. Hats off to the Rangers, they are on a tear right now.

Season is far from over. Having said that, this crummy month of June cannot end fast enough.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Tonight we face Verlander, he has been rolling as of late. And then tomorrow we get their highly touted rookie Fulmer who has been nothing short of spectacular. These next two games won't be easy.

sutz

Reaction score
The current run is doubly disappointing because of the early season run we had.

I won't go over all the problems outlined and discussed here, but I will add that they seem to lack the killer instinct, that ability to add runs late to pad a lead, and to shut down the other guys when needed. Yes, the pitching staff is in a bit of a shambles now, but we should still be winning some of these games. I mean 3 times in extra innnings in one game we get the go-ahead run to third and we can't push him across the plate? That really sux. IMHO, the pitchers are not as at fault as the hitters who couldn't do anything put pop up, ground out, or wave weakly at pitches in the dirt when we need them to be putting the ball in play.

Hopefully, this is just a rough patch and not the resurgence of the SOM's.

Crizilla

Reaction score
both white sox and m's literally just gassed the hell out. If they can just get to the all star break about .500, then look forward to a nice run to end the season. That's our only hope.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Crizilla":1iqbmkmj said:
Trade Cruz. Guy is just too slow. MLB is all about athleticism now.
Assuming the Ms are a seller not a buyer at the deadline, which looks increasingly likely, you may get your wish. Is he in the last year of his contract? Won't help get future pitching in return if he is.

Sadly, this could be a sub .500 team when it leaves Detroit day after tomorrow.

kearly

Reaction score
Another blown lead late, another close loss. I feel almost numb to these kinds of games now.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Tom Wilhemson back, seems a desperation move but who else is there.

Cruz has been out of form but I think he could be okay with a rest.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I'm happy that Dipoto is making moves now, rather than waiting till July to make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts