OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":2c2jxluc said:
Muahahaha

Big loss for Washington.

Jhop has been calling this one for months too. Ever since he commited to UW he said he wouldnt end up there, and would likely end up at USC. It was his high school coach, who played for Petersen at Boise State, that was pushing him to UW more then anything.

Really hurts UW because they didnt land a DT in last years class, and he was the only one in this class. If Vea and Gaines both go pro after this season, which is likely, they're looking at serious depth issues at DT. Makes that Gaye dude pretty much a must get for UW at this point.

cesame

Reaction score
It's odd they can't recruit better after the season they had

With the decommit they're currently at about 23 in the country

Maybe they finish strong? If not, that's a poor effort for a team in their position

davidonmi

Reaction score
gaines won't go pro.

Either way it's devastating.
Screw USC and their dirty tactics. I hope helton goes out Kiffin style.

UW needs to full court press that Poly DT who's transferring out of TTU

davidonmi

Reaction score
cesame":1hr9o7uy said:

Maybe they finish strong? If not, that's a poor effort for a team in their position
the bump usually comes the year after.

The problem in recruiting is that Petersen by his nature hates buzz and runs his program accordingly.

OL and DL recruiting need to be reevaluated for sure. Altho some of the guys they have on the Dline are outstanding, just not enough total

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
cesame":21g1nz01 said:

It was never going to be high. Only 17 spots available. Unlike other programs UW doesnt over recruit and then run kids

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":367u83dc said:
Hawkfan77":367u83dc said:
davidonmi":367u83dc said:
Huskies recently offered jaxson kirkland.
I like the kid but it seems late in the process.

Must mean they either missed on ford, or are now looking at him on defense where he says he wants to play
Or Ford to the DL...

I've been waiting for a Kirkland offer and happy it happened. Regardless of getting or not getting Ford (whom I want as well) I hope UW points a full court press on Kirkland.

Ducks also offered Kirkland a few days ago. And we're all hoping he either sticks with UCLA or goes to UW. I'm not going to pretend to be a scout or anything, and even if i were i think o'linemen are the toughest to project, but all the guys i know who pay attention to high school football and know there stuff dont think Kirkland is a pac 12 caliber player. The most common thought is that he's just a big guy who leans on people. Big upper body, small lower body, and plays really stiff. So in conclusion, i too hope that you get him.

I know he's scheduled to visit Eugene on Tuesday. And then he's visiting UCLA this weekend. The Oregon mod said that he's likely to visit UW inbetween those.
A year ago I would have agreed. Anyone who's seen him this year wouldn't say that. Completely different player. He's definitely a pac12 caliber player if someone says he isn't theyre lying

davidonmi

Reaction score
JSeahawks":38mnvtv2 said:
cesame":38mnvtv2 said:
Muahahaha

Big loss for Washington.

Jhop has been calling this one for months too. Ever since he commited to UW he said he wouldnt end up there, and would likely end up at USC. It was his high school coach, who played for Petersen at Boise State, that was pushing him to UW more then anything.

Really hurts UW because they didnt land a DT in last years class, and he was the only one in this class. If Vea and Gaines both go pro after this season, which is likely, they're looking at serious depth issues at DT. Makes that Gaye dude pretty much a must get for UW at this point.
if that were the case he should have never committed at all. left UW in a bad spot at a bad time.

I rarely ever get angry at a kid or his family, sarrell included even tho he never really gave UW a real look, but after how this went down I have little respect for him and his family

davidonmi

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1tcq0hil said:
cesame":1tcq0hil said:

It was never going to be high. Only 17 spots available. Unlike other programs UW doesnt over recruit and then run kids
yes it's still a good class overall. bad on the lines unless we can pull in someone good before this season ends.

Ahmed is gonna be a special TB.
A number of very good DB's, a few talented LB'ers. a great WR class.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":1ptm5soz said:
Hawkfan77":1ptm5soz said:
cesame":1ptm5soz said:

yes it's still a good class overall. bad on the lines unless we can pull in someone good before this season ends.

Ahmed is gonna be a special TB.
A number of very good DB's, a few talented LB'ers. a great WR class.

I love, love Ahmed. He's one of my favorite players in this entire class, regardless of the school he's attending. Ty Jones is underrated, I think he's going to be really good. And Hunter Bryant is a beast. Its a bummer you guys lost Connor Weddington as well, he looked really good the other day in the Polynesian bowl.

Regardless of rankings, UW's staff is pretty damn good at coaching them up.

sondevil89

Reaction score
cesame":1ygmshrw said:
Muahahaha

Big loss for Washington.

Oregon has several decommits as well and I've heard from an Oregon insider that the recent coaching debacles, and potential lawsuits from the hospitalized players, have several players on the verge of switching.

It was always going to be a small class this year anyway so the rankings that give weight to more players don't always reflect the quality of the athletes. For instance, UW has 10 4-star and 4 3-star while Oregon is almost exactly the opposite with 6 4-star and 10 3-star players.

It would seem that UW is recruiting higher quality football players.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":qn214ifi said:

Gaye will commit, but he's super raw...athletic enough that he could blossom into something, but just as much, if not more likely that he's never heard from again after signing day.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":8veroxjp said:
JSeahawks":8veroxjp said:

Gaye will commit, but he's super raw...athletic enough that he could blossom into something, but just as much, if not more likely that he's never heard from again after signing day.

He did indeed commit tonight. Ali Gaye, 3 star DE from Edmonds, Washington (moved to the United States from Gambia 5 years ago). 6'6", 260.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4498523/ali-gaye

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1sd8bkam said:
drrew":1sd8bkam said:
JSeahawks":1sd8bkam said:

He did indeed commit tonight. Ali Gaye, 3 star DE from Edmonds, Washington (moved to the United States from Gambia 5 years ago). 6'6", 240.

He's closer to 270.

VERY raw but a big, strong athlete. Project for sure, but you can't teach big.

davidonmi

Reaction score
good. don't have to worry about him taking his visit to ole mi$$.

UW will finish with either Kirkland or Ford. + if they can land someone like Fekoho, Ah You, or Lolahea (both LDS).

IPM, the ship has sailed on that one, screw USC

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
davidonmi":8r2aawjw said:
good. don't have to worry about him taking his visit to ole mi$$.

UW will finish with either Kirkland or Ford. + if they can land someone like Fekoho, Ah You, or Lolahea (both LDS).

IPM, the ship has sailed on that one, screw USC
Smart money is on Kirkland over Ford.

sondevil89

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":30zwtrh0 said:
JSeahawks":30zwtrh0 said:
drrew":30zwtrh0 said:
JSeahawks":30zwtrh0 said:

He did indeed commit tonight. Ali Gaye, 3 star DE from Edmonds, Washington (moved to the United States from Gambia 5 years ago). 6'6", 240.

He's closer to 270.

VERY raw but a big, strong athlete. Project for sure, but you can't teach big.

That link lists him at 260 and Scout lists him at 270. At his age and height he has plenty of room to grow, could play multiple positions.

Husky defensive coaching staff is at the top of the Pac so the sky is the limit for this kid.

http://www.scout.com/player/201537-ali-gaye

I found this pic that says it's him but it looks different from his other pics. Is this him? (he looks 30 here)

Attachments

• ali gaye.jpg
    ali gaye.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 2,171

sc85sis

Reaction score
davidonmi":21csvevu said:
gaines won't go pro.

Helton is nothing like Kiffin. Recruits, high school coaches and his players like him because he's honest with them and is a really good person.

This talk about USC using dirty tactics is BS.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp ... story.html

davidonmi

Reaction score
Not comparing them as coaches. It's the situations that are similar. Only one usc coach in the last 20 years has been able to manage the incredible hype machine that they have there.

Helton won a ton of games last year without any pressure. Same thing that usc did in 2011. USC then opened #1 and we're prematurely crowned pac-12 champions in 2012. Sound familiar?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
sc85sis":1g6peohv said:
davidonmi":1g6peohv said:
gaines won't go pro.

Helton is nothing like Kiffin. Recruits, high school coaches and his players like him because he's honest with them and is a really good person.

This talk about USC using dirty tactics is BS.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp ... story.html
I wasn't aware Helton's mom had an account here!

Honest and a really good person....hahaha come on