OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":ss7g66dd said:
Yesterday was a real downer

Guessing recruits not real impressed with Oregon right now

Not necessarily. Last year we got two commits from guys that were visiting when we get beat down by Utah. One of the main things recruits look at is early playing time. Especially defensive recruits have to see they have a chance to come in and make an early impact.

dadof3

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1oc6qzmf said:
cesame":1oc6qzmf said:
Yesterday was a real downer

Guessing recruits not real impressed with Oregon right now

Not necessarily. Last year we got two commits from guys that were visiting when we get beat down by Utah. One of the main things recruits look at is early playing time. Especially defensive recruits have to see they have a chance to come in and make an early impact.
I would think the uncertainty at the coaching position may have a negative affect on recruiting

cesame

Reaction score
^That and guys just want to win.

Jerseys and facilities are great, but Oregon winning is what got recruits in.

cesame

Reaction score
Funny I post that but am reading that the rumor is LB Jacob Phillips is set to announce this week and it's going to be Oregon

He had a great visit a month ago and seeing that true freshman Troy Dye was starting gave him confidence that he could play right away.

Recruiting rumors though.......

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":2e0wa8u5 said:
Funny I post that but am reading that the rumor is LB Jacob Phillips is set to announce this week and it's going to be Oregon

He had a great visit a month ago and seeing that true freshman Troy Dye was starting gave him confidence that he could play right away.

Man, I hope your'e right because I think inside linebacker and d'line are our two biggest needs. But on 247 there are 16 "expert" predictions on where he'll end up and not one of them is for Oregon. Most are either for Oklahoma or Texas A&M.

I do think the already commited Sampson Niu is going to be a beast at inside linebacker. And true freshman Keith Simms actually looked decent against UW so I have hopes for him, but its a position we can definitely use a lot of help at.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":2ruk9ef9 said:

Maybe the rumor said he was commuting to UO? He just commited to Oklahoma.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
kearly":137b7fya said:
I'm jealous of Michigan fans. And feel sorry for 49ers fans.
I am a Michigan fan. So happy right now. :irishdrinkers: I knew the Niners were toast when they let Harbaugh go.
I follow the recruiting and it's crazy how highly rated many of the kids that are coming in are. Big brother is back in the mitten.

davidonmi

Reaction score
apparently huskies are making major ground on foster sarrell. he's also feeling pressure by friends and family to stay home.
the UW official visit will mean a lot

cesame

Reaction score
If the Ducks can't land Elijah Molden then this staff needs to go

Defense is a huge problem and failing to land top ranked in-state talent on defense is a big red flag

Already dropped the ball on Tuipulotu

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":3k4yoyej said:

Defense is a huge problem and failing to land top ranked in-state talent on defense is a big red flag

Well get ready to be dissapointed, cuz he's not coming to Oregon.

He's going to UW or Stanford. Then hes going to have a short career due to head injuries, imo.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3793jrw0 said:
cesame":3793jrw0 said:

Well get ready to be dissapointed, cuz he's not coming to Oregon.

He's going to UW or Stanford. Then hes going to have a short career due to head injuries, imo.

Just commited to Washington. Going to be a great player if he can stay healthy. Big if though. Already had a few concussions and fractured skull. This is a kid who shouldn't be playing football, IMO.

You guys should send thank you flowers to Helfrich.

A-Dog

Reaction score
drrew":23gn2x0q said:
JSeahawks":23gn2x0q said:
4 star o'linemen Henry Bainvalu from Skyline High School in Sammamish, WA has commited to the Huskies. UW's class is up to 16th nationally.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3016306/henry-bainivalu

With Foster Sarell likely headed to Stanford, this was a very important commit. Bainivalu is the only other known OL prospect UW was targeting.
Source on Sarell heading to Stanford?

Also, it looks like the Huskies are also recruiting Austin Jackson at OT: http://www.scout.com/college/washington ... -prospects

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
A-Dog":3ncfrfzb said:
drrew":3ncfrfzb said:
JSeahawks":3ncfrfzb said:
4 star o'linemen Henry Bainvalu from Skyline High School in Sammamish, WA has commited to the Huskies. UW's class is up to 16th nationally.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3016306/henry-bainivalu

With Foster Sarell likely headed to Stanford, this was a very important commit. Bainivalu is the only other known OL prospect UW was targeting.
Source on Sarell heading to Stanford?

Also, it looks like the Huskies are also recruiting Austin Jackson at OT: http://www.scout.com/college/washington ... -prospects

Stanford has long been tge favorite for sarrell, from every source. UW is still in the conversation though. Jackson is all USC I think.

Latest posts