The 2017 recruiting thread.

CPHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2tulkg6e said:
cesame":2tulkg6e said:
Nice

Sounds like he's open to playing/trying out different positions. Maybe he winds up on defense, who knows.

Or could just be WR or RB

I think he'll be in the Deanthony thomas role. (Not saying he'll be as good as DAT). Spend some time in the backfield, but most of his time in the slot. Ran a 4.39 electrically timed 40. So he can move.

He's already 193, so I'd say much more Marshall than DAT. Who BTW, was much better in that role that DAT ever was.

cesame

Reaction score
Read that a USC mod on some USC site is saying Lenoir is "in as of three days ago"

Guess we'll see. USC's stock is on fire right now and they're looking great next year. Have to believe that LA kids don't want to stay home and be a part of it

cesame

Reaction score
Didn't even realize Lenoir is visiting USC on Jan 27.

Kind of worried. I'm sure he's had more than one visit there already with it being right in his backyard. Throw an official visit on top if it?

Honestly I think he ends up at USC.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":1olzll5c said:
Didn't even realize Lenoir is visiting USC on Jan 27.

Kind of worried. I'm sure he's had more than one visit there already with it being right in his backyard. Throw an official visit on top if it?

Honestly I think he ends up at USC.

Its tough to turn down USC for LA kids for sure. A couple of his best friends are commited to the Ducks. His girlfriend is commited to the Ducks for soccer. Hopefully thats enough to get him back.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":hxcq6ipj said:
cesame":hxcq6ipj said:
Obviously Foster saw UW's OL get demolished by Alabama and wanted no part of that
Try harder

If that's your criteria then he'd just switch to DL, as literally every OL got demolished by Alabama this year.

davidonmi

Reaction score
For all you husky fans it sounds like the year will finish

Norgaard or Ford
Tryon or Harris
Pola Mao

the wildcards being Wyatt Davis and DJ Johnson still.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":1epor5dc said:

Norgaard or Ford
Tryon or Harris
Pola Mao

I think Husky fans are dreaming if they think they're getting Wyatt Davis. But I do think you guys have a good chance at DJ Johnson who's an absolute stud and would probably get a lot of playing time as a true freshman. Pola Mao i agree is probably going to Washington, but USC has been building a little momentum here recently.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Demetrius Douglas decommited from the Ducks last night. Although more then likely it was a case of the new staff just wasnt that interested in keeping his commitment. So right now we've got 13 commits, and we're looking to a take a class as big as 28 or possibly 30. So we've got about 15 more kids to add in the next 3 weeks, its going to be exciting. Got some big time dudes visiting Eugene the next few weeks as well, starting with 5 star running back Stephen Carr who's visiting this weekend. He's commited to USC and it will be a tough flip, but get him on campus and see what happens.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
We? That Western Oregon team must be coming around spectacularly...are they joining the Big Sky?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3h1b8w62 said:
We? That Western Oregon team must be coming around spectacularly...are they joining the Big Sky?

Yes, "we". I didnt play for the Seahawks either, but they're "we' to me too.

Here you go, here's your arizona state commits. You've got some good ones... Eno Benjamin i love at RB. And Blake Barnett is going to be a really good qb in your system I believe.

http://arizonastate.247sports.com/Seaso ... ll/Commits

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Fork 'em Devils!

When's Plummer coming back?

I'm actually more like you when it comes to College Football. I pull more for the Huskies, having grown up in the area and family being all Huskies.. Plus, they have a D1 soccer team. ASU canned theirs.

Noone could figure out why I chose ASU... i sent them some pictures when I got there. Oddly, some stopped talking to me..

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":xhd07gjf said:
Fork 'em Devils!

When's Plummer coming back?

I'm actually more like you when it comes to College Football. I pull more for the Huskies, having grown up in the area and family being all Huskies.. Plus, they have a D1 soccer team. ASU canned theirs.

Noone could figure out why I chose ASU... i sent them some pictures when I got there. Oddly, some stopped talking to me..

Pictures of the women?

davidonmi

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3751mt9i said:
davidonmi":3751mt9i said:

Norgaard or Ford
Tryon or Harris
Pola Mao

I think Husky fans are dreaming if they think they're getting Wyatt Davis. But I do think you guys have a good chance at DJ Johnson who's an absolute stud and would probably get a lot of playing time as a true freshman. Pola Mao i agree is probably going to Washington, but USC has been building a little momentum here recently.
yes. wyatt davis is a longshot.

We'll see on Johnson. Bartow who's spot on usually CB'd him to UW recently

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
As cesame predicted earlier the ducks got a commitment from qb Braxton Burmeister. He's a 4 star or 3 star depending on which site you look at. Personally he looks like a 4 star athlete but 3 star qb to me. The positive is that he looks a lot better as a senior then he did as a junior. He'll be a good depth guy, doubt he'll ever be qb 1.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/2691327/braxton-burmeister

cesame

Reaction score
I'm wondering if he even really fits the mold of what Taggart wants in a QB

That said Herbert should be the starter the next 3 years (I don't think he declares early) so what does it matter

CPHawk

Reaction score
cesame":39wx9m6g said:
I'm wondering if he even really fits the mold of what Taggart wants in a QB

That said Herbert should be the starter the next 3 years (I don't think he declares early) so what does it matter

I see a lot of duck fans saying stuff like this. Braxton is going to push Herbert, the kid is really good, and the only knock is that he's 6'1. He doesn't have Herbert's arm, not many do, but hes a play maker and smart with the ball. He ran for almost 1500 yds this year alone, I think he'll fit WT O just fine. He also threw for 4700 yds, 53td and only 7 int.

As for Herbert leaving early? Idk, but if a kid has a shot to be picked in the first 2 rounds, he should go and get that pay check. Why chance blowing out a knee?

davidonmi

Reaction score
UW offered DE/Buck Ali Gaye from Edmonds-Woodway today.

Not sure what it means about Johnson, but this guy has impressive offers from Miss, USC, Louisville, and grades have been what has delayed this offer apparently. Looks like he's checked out. Raw, physical freak.

We'll see. it might be too late in the process anyway given he has 2 visits scheduled this month