The best game Russell Wilson has played in his career.

Smellyman

Reaction score
RW has played many great games and this was just one of them. Give him any sort of pass pro and he will shred you.

RW is just a pimp.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If you watched the post game interview with him and kam it looked like he was having fun and showing joy as well. Not the usual robotic cliche Russell that were used to.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I love that Russ shows he doesn't have to hold the ball and scramble to be effective.

Tip of the cap to Bevell.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Crizilla":yhhr59ck said:
brimsalabim":yhhr59ck said:
Wasn't his first start against them also?

i dont understand how this is relevant at all.

Yes, his first start was against ARZ......and? what's your point?

OP is simply saying Russ had arguably the best game of his career.

I'm wondering if he posted that message on the wrong thread, Patrick Lewis, the center's first game was in the 1st Cardinals game, maybe he's alluding to that.

Sac

Reaction score
Russ getting hot against GOOD NFC WEST Defenses, just in time to light up mediocre ones in the playoffs.

gargantual

Reaction score
AgentDib":x9jl4veg said:
Russ, Bevell, Cable, Willson and the rest of the offense absolutely wrecked the blitz tonight. I'm curious to see whether the 49ers can follow the blueprint we put down on film today.
Good point. It will be interesting to watch. If it's really a workable blueprint, other teams will also have it going into the playoffs.

Of course, maybe it's better for the Cards to last longer, to knock more teams out of the playoffs?

gargantual

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2v4peaqr said:
Russ getting hot against GOOD NFC WEST Defenses, just in time to light up mediocre ones in the playoffs.
Yeah baby! Just about licking my chops thinking about that!

What other D is as good as the Cards (that are making the playoffs)? The Lions maybe? If the Panthers win their division, are they very stout? I haven't followed them this year.

Tical21

Reaction score
I might be inclined to agree. We hit some nice quick skinny posts and Russell was really excited to see some cover-0 blitzes! That's an awesome change. Feast on that stuff. Hopefully we can do it against people besides Larry Foote too.

He tried to force the keep a few times on the read-option, which isn't like him. But that's fine, we can't complain that he doesn't run enough AND complain that he runs too much.

We're going to need somebody to make some plays on the outside at some point. Hopefully Kearse is okay. P-Rich is trending upwards.

gargantual

Reaction score
Tical21":3m07jqfw said:
I might be inclined to agree. We hit some nice quick skinny posts and Russell was really excited to see some cover-0 blitzes! That's an awesome change. Feast on that stuff. Hopefully we can do it against people besides Larry Foote too.

He tried to force the keep a few times on the read-option, which isn't like him. But that's fine, we can't complain that he doesn't run enough AND complain that he runs too much.

We're going to need somebody to make some plays on the outside at some point. Hopefully Kearse is okay. P-Rich is trending upwards.
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Kearse being out opens it up for some other wideout to seriously tear shit up. Richardson perhaps? It's not like it hasn't happened before...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Smellyman":3h6e7z20 said:
Give him any sort of pass pro and he will shred you.

RW is just a pimp.

The obvious point that so many choose to ignore or completely miss. Where's IROC Dave when we need him? :mrgreen:

Give him no protection and he still manages to win, but predictably around here, the critics call him out for not doing what a 'pocket passer' does.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Wilson's road stats are elite this year, not sure why he's been so bad at home in comparison.
He made a couple of big time throws tonight, the one to Willson on 2nd and 20 stood out more than any other

peppersjap

Reaction score
Wilson is simply amazing! He might not be to the level of Brady or Manning (yet) but I will take Wilson in this offense any day over them. The guy is just a winner and always finds a way to get the win even if it is ugly. I'm very impressed by the way Richardson has been stepping up lately too! The offense finally rolled today against a very good defense.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has gone over 4000 total yards this season (4095) for the first time in his career with still a game to go and now has 26 TDs passing and rushing. He's also turned the ball over only 10 times (6 Ints, 4 fumbles lost). He's having his most productive year so far despite a few shaky starts in the middle of the season.

As points of comparison, that's more total yards than Tom Brady has produced this year (4077) and just 315 less than Aaron Rodgers (4410).

SDHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":1up6d4em said:
drdiags":1up6d4em said:
Jazzhawk":1up6d4em said:
brimsalabim":1up6d4em said:
Wasn't his first start against them also?
Ummm...no.

Regular season, yes. Lost because Braylon Edwards couldn't catch a rocket ball.

baldwin dropped one in the endzone at the end of the game.

IIRC, 3 drops by Edwards, a drop by Baldwin, a drop by Charly Martin... and Wilson took the heat for not being able to finish the game.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TXHawk":27rxqlgj said:
Russell Wilson has gone over 4000 total yards this season (4095) for the first time in his career with still a game to go and now has 26 TDs passing and rushing. He's also turned the ball over only 10 times (6 Ints, 4 fumbles lost). He's having his most productive year so far despite a few shaky starts in the middle of the season.

As points of comparison, that's more total yards than Tom Brady has produced this year (4077) and just 315 less than Aaron Rodgers (4410).

Actually he has no lost fumbles

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats ... lost/2014/

So his total turnovers is only 6