The Blair Walsh Project??

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":3vs8dlql said:
hawknation2017":3vs8dlql said:
Seymour":3vs8dlql said:
hawknation2017":3vs8dlql said:
That's not a choice.

Blair Walsh signed for just $1.1 million. Hauschka signed elsewhere for 3 years, $8.85 million.

Hauschka missed 6 PATs last year. It happens.

Walsh has missed ONE PAT and ONE FG.

Hauschka is likely better than Walsh, but Walsh is decent. He is the least of our concerns, right now:

1. The overall lack of talent on the offensive line. Tobin, Odhiambo, Aboushi, etc.

2. Rudimentary offensive play calling.

3. Injuries.

Duh. It is called a hypothetical, and it was asked to you. :roll:

Hypotheticals are generally intended to demonstrate some point.

So what are you trying to prove?

That your name is not Uncle Si.

Childish post. :pukeface:

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1kpumecl said:

Ya, you are right.

How bout it's none of your business, and there was nothing "to prove"?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":2u99xjae said:
hawknation2017":2u99xjae said:

Ya, you are right.

If you are determined to have a private conversation, how about you take it to PM?

Otherwise, your public comments are EVERYONE's business.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2bp81g17 said:
Seymour":2bp81g17 said:
hawknation2017":2bp81g17 said:

Ya, you are right.

If you are determined to have a private conversation, how about you take it to PM?

Otherwise, your public comments are EVERYONE's business.

Correct. But that is not what you asked. You ASSUME it was to prove a point and that is what you wanted to know, what my point was. Hypotheticals are also used to gather information about how others feel. So run along now please.

erik2690

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2p0fdxcu said:
uncle fester":2p0fdxcu said:
So according to Michelle Tafoya, he missed 6 kicks in practice prior to the in-game miss, and there was mention of 4 more somewhere that day (only seen the game once but it was mentioned in some capacity)

That should at least give the coaches pause for concern, surely?

(In this house, at least, there's a lot of wincing prior to XPs & FGs)

Again... he's missed two kicks all year.

Also, the 6 misses were at halftime. All trying to correct the miss in the one side of the field. Could've been wind he was trying to adjust to

I just don't see the issue here. (Yet)

I'm not that knowledgeable but I saw a lot of pushback online about that halftime misses storyline. Apparently it's quite common for kickers to aim for an upright while practicing. Again I don't have first hand knowledge but the people I saw talking about it online seemed to know there stuff.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Hauschka in the last 2 Bills games:
1st kicker in NFL history with consecutive games with multiple 53+ yard FGs
4/4 from 53+ yards

Who needs that?
We're all good.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":1ptnmvgx said:
Uncle Si":1ptnmvgx said:
uncle fester":1ptnmvgx said:
So according to Michelle Tafoya, he missed 6 kicks in practice prior to the in-game miss, and there was mention of 4 more somewhere that day (only seen the game once but it was mentioned in some capacity)

Also, the 6 misses were at halftime. All trying to correct the miss in the one side of the field. Could've been wind he was trying to adjust to

You have $10,000 riding on the SB game winning 45 yard kick. You can choose Hauschka or Walsh. Who you taking?

Also, Carson should have come out right uncle? :twisted:

Ya know... I might take Walsh. Kid broke the record for most 50+ yarders made as a rookie. I’m not bothered he missed a kick.

He misses three or four then I start to worry.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
erik2690":2tsv7prt said:
Uncle Si":2tsv7prt said:
uncle fester":2tsv7prt said:

I'm not that knowledgeable but I saw a lot of pushback online about that halftime misses storyline. Apparently it's quite common for kickers to aim for an upright while practicing. Again I don't have first hand knowledge but the people I saw talking about it online seemed to know there stuff.

Chris Kluwe (former Viking punter) posted that in a Deadspin article. I’d nit heard that either. I guess it makes sense. We used to routinely warm up before soccer games in college hitting the crossbar from all over the field.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
The guy has missed one FG in a game. The media wants to report on him "missing" kicks in practice due to his struggles at the end of the 2015 season. Does anyone here have experience kicking footballs at even a high school or college level?

Kickers regularly aim at uprights or practice FGs from really hard angles to dial in their accuracy. It's the idea of "aim small, miss small." Until Walsh starts regularly missing kicks in games, there isn't enough evidence that he's a liability to this team. Apparently the FO/coaches agree considering they see him every day in practice/games and we're sticking with him with no other alternatives involved to put pressure on Walsh or make us think otherwise.

adeltaY

Reaction score
uncle fester":3n20kkfn said:

It turns out that NBC reported that in a manner unfair to Walsh.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/shou ... is-theory/

CBS":3n20kkfn said:
It's not out of the question that Walsh could have been taking aim at the left upright (a narrow target) as a way of trying to recalibrate and get his accuracy back on track. Kickers sometimes like to take aim at specific targets to work on precision, and all of the practice attempts shown on the broadcast were very close to that one upright.
If that was indeed Walsh's intention, we can credit him for the bold decision to go out there and let a stadium full of people judge him while he took aim at a very small target knowing that he'd probably get roasted a bit.

He was kicking from 51 yards out and trying to recalibrate his kicks. Apparently this is how kickers hone their skills.

bellingerga

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":15y250j7 said:
I don't mean to sound like I've been chugging the kool aid, but c'mon guys - we're talking about the most successful coaching and recruiting staff in Seahawks history here - they are not going to have an glaring omissions. If they are not bringing in competition, it's because none is required.

There's being wrong.....

Then there's being incredibly, gloriously, not even in the right area code wrong. :lol: