The Dan Quinn effect

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Not to rub salt in the Jags' wounds, but I really hope they give a full effort to shut them out Sunday. If this D is one of the greatest ever, they will not give up any points to that team, not even garbage time.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Quinn has been a great D coordinator for us so far. Very happy that he came back back after Gus got hired by the Jags.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1or3wahu said:
JonRud":1or3wahu said:
So far so good. M. Bennett is quickly turning into one of my faves....

The guy dominated the interior quite unlike anything I've seen in a Seahawks uniform since... Hmm.... Can't remember. I am utterly unable to remember the last time a Seahawks player knifed through Pro Bowl caliber interior linemen on such a regular basis. Our whole D-Line brought it all game long. I hope to see more of that in the future.

A non-hurt Marcus Tubbs maybe?

HansGruber

Reaction score
I was stoked too to see them let Sherman play man coverage against Davis and Boldin. He shut both guys down all night.

Still bothers me to remember that last Atlanta drive last postseason. I still can't believe they left Tony Gonzalez, best TE in the history of the NFL, all alone in the underneath routes. They had Winston Guy blitzing the strong side and LBs dropping back into soft zones. Can you imagine if they had just said screw it and doubled-up man coverage on Gonzalez? We would have played in the SuperBowl last season.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I love DQ being def coordinator but ... now all these scrub teams are going to be looking at him for a head coaching job in the off season. I think like Kearly mentioned, hopefully they world just think DQ inherited a good defense from Bradley.

GhostHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":8jnw91w0 said:
SmokinHawk":8jnw91w0 said:
JonRud":8jnw91w0 said:

The guy dominated the interior quite unlike anything I've seen in a Seahawks uniform since... Hmm.... Can't remember. I am utterly unable to remember the last time a Seahawks player knifed through Pro Bowl caliber interior linemen on such a regular basis. Our whole D-Line brought it all game long. I hope to see more of that in the future.

A non-hurt Marcus Tubbs maybe?

I was thinking of Cortez Kennedy myself.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The players have said more than once that Quinn has a way of simplifying and clarfying their roles in a way that makes them able to concentrate on what's important and perform better. Red was ecstatic to get him back and his play has improved as has that of the entire D line.

I will give partial credit to Capt. Dom though. Once he starts hatin on player, they experiece dramatic turnarounds. First Red and now Carp seems to be picking up his play. They're building a foundation of the bricks you throw Techworlds! Brilliant! :mrgreen:

Happypuppy

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":od1kpjsi said:
Not to rub salt in the Jags' wounds, but I really hope they give a full effort to shut them out Sunday. If this D is one of the greatest ever, they will not give up any points to that team, not even garbage time.

I would go so far as to say at least as far as these 2 games it is the best D backfield I have seen. I have seen the '86 49ers with Deion and Lott as well as the Raiders team with Lester Hayes, skip Thomas and Jack Tatum.

12evanf

Reaction score
We lost to Atlanta due to no pass rush and soft zone coverage. I wish we had Quinn last year, but I am perfectly happy that we have him now. Our D is nearly unstoppable.

Erebus

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about a team snatching DQ from us after one season as a coordinator. I think he'll need at least a couple seasons as a DC to get a head coaching job. But eventually, its going to happen.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2kr9ffsj said:
JonRud":2kr9ffsj said:

Cortez Kennedy threw people around like rag dolls. Look up some footage of that guy, he was completely amazing. He reminded me of Reggie White, with his size and speed combo.

If we could somehow teleport him through time and get him in his prime on THIS defense, it would undoubtably be the best defense of all time. Period.

Latest posts