The defense

Seymour

Reaction score
Bottom line for me on defense if this. I knew we would have trouble rushing the passer on a consistent basis, but thought we would be solid against the run. Sunday we were neither. The 3 picks were nice and should have been good enough for the W, but giving up 150 yards on the ground to a pair of rookies and what has been a bad offense is a really crappy start. If that continues, 8-8 will be a pipe dream.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
One thing I noticed was the high rotation of players, this was the chosen way of dealing with the high altitude and conditions. I really think that was a factor. If Thomas was in does he get to Lindsay before he scores for example?

I know its all ifs, buts and maybes but I dont think that week 1 rotation allowed any cohesion to form. The next game should allow a more settled team, we shall see if we need to panic after the Bears game.

justafan

Reaction score
I think they will struggle but Denver is better than people think. To me it feels like where we were before Pete got here. Its a new team and I am ready for them to clear the cap,go into purge mode and get rid of people who dont buy in,dont want to be here or people on the downside of there careers.

Bad blood out new blood in.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
justafan":1gwkdgeq said:
but Denver is better than people think.

They really arent. Denver will be last in the AFC West and will look pedestrian to awful when they play a good team. Denver isnt better than people think, its more on the lines of Seattle being worse than a lot of their fans think.

justafan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1w2n95x9 said:
justafan":1w2n95x9 said:

They really arent. Denver will be last in the AFC West and will look pedestrian to awful when they play a good team. Denver isnt better than people think, its more on the lines of Seattle being worse than a lot of their fans think.

I would trade our Wrs for theirs,our oline for theirs,our whole D for theirs,.Rbs meh hard to say if they will be as good as the look but I like those kids they got.

Talent wise they were the better team Sunday.2 months from now nobody knows

adeltaY

Reaction score
justafan":dyk8hfhz said:
pittpnthrs":dyk8hfhz said:
justafan":dyk8hfhz said:

I would trade our Wrs for theirs,our oline for theirs,our whole D for theirs,.Rbs meh hard to say if they will be as good as the look but I like those kids they got.

Talent wise they were the better team Sunday.2 months from now nobody knows

With Earl our safeties are better than theirs and we are way better at ILB. Denver will surprise me if they reach 8-8. Keenum is pretty mediocre.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Pass rush was nonexistent against the Broncos. Case Keenum was never under pressure and had all the time in world to throw. Even Nathan Peterman can find receivers if given time to throw. This needs to improve exponentially.

Junior Gallette is available. He’s an experienced pass rusher. He would be worth it to take a peek if he’s got still something left in the tank. The pass rush can’t get any worse than it is.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
you are correct about the Broncos. They'll be lucky to win 8 games this year.

that said, the Broncos opened the 2017 season with a 2-1 record in Sept., winning their first two games...at home.

then they crapped their pants by going 3-10 for the rest of the year.

the schedule makers did no favor by scheduling the Hawks season opener at mile high.

starting the season 0-1 means little.

the front seven is deceptively talented, they will learn to play as a group, play within the system...but I agree this group needs to generate a pass rush. I hope they activate Naz Jones over Quinton Jefferson this week against the Bears. I know they're similar type players, but I just think Jones can contribute on passing downs.

while I'd like to collect a bunch of sacks, I think we just need to move their QB off his spot. this will help significantly since we have two ball Hawks helping our corners.

Seafan

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1j24r4q8 said:
Pass rush was nonexistent against the Broncos. Case Keenum was never under pressure and had all the time in world to throw. Even Nathan Peterman can find receivers if given time to throw. This needs to improve exponentially.

Junior Gallette is available. He’s an experienced pass rusher. He would be worth it to take a peek if he’s got still something left in the tank. The pass rush can’t get any worse than it is.

It can get better and it might get better this week. I expect Jordan to get more snaps and Clark wasn't 100%. Against the younger QB I wouldn't be surprised to see some blitzing. They started stunting late in the game in Denver and the pressure looked better.

Fact is though the two big broken TD plays by Denver were mistakes made by two rookies and one bad decision by Earl. There was also a bad call and replay by the officials on another TD. The failure to get the red flag on the legit Denver fumble also was costly as well as Sweezy's stupid holding penalty. And NTM the seabass issue.

Close game on the road at altitude first week where the Hawks rarely compete and the Broncos rarely lose.

Seahawker

Reaction score
The Bronco's had a completely healthy roster. We were missing KJ Wright, DJ Fluker, Dontae Johnson and ET was a go with 48 hours notice. I tend to think we win if KJ is healthy.

DrDix

Reaction score
They lost by, get this, THREE points with a new, young defense in a tough environment against an experienced QB who despite being a veteran has done nothing but improve over the last few years.

Massive overreactions are being made. Things aren't as black and white as people want to make it seem. They can only go up from here.

xray

Reaction score
The score looked like a close game but the Hawks gave up close to 500 yds. The offense will have to out score their opponents this year. They need to score 30 pts or more every game. Other than a couple D-Backs the defense is really soft. The only folks that will fear this defense will be Seahawks fans. :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
ONE game with a lot of young players, many in their first ever game. No need to give up on them already. Gotta' learn on the job, and it's gonna' be ugly at times.