The Ethan Pocic Transformation

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pocic was awful last season, but you have to give him a chance since he was playing under Cable. Cable even managed to make Duane Brown look pedestrian.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
ivotuk":1osxv94j said:
He NEEDS to be on the offensive line. I would like to see Duane Brown, DJ Fluker, Justin Britt, Germaine Ifedi, and Ethan Pocic. And then just leave them there! Jesus Jones on a motorcycle! Enough rotating guys that can't even play the position they are starting!

But what if Jordan Roos, AKA Creature Man, is better?

Bvh90nswozwvgl5ypmt7

toffee

Reaction score
hawknation2018":wiehrzjx said:
ivotuk":wiehrzjx said:
He NEEDS to be on the offensive line. I would like to see Duane Brown, DJ Fluker, Justin Britt, Germaine Ifedi, and Ethan Pocic. And then just leave them there! Jesus Jones on a motorcycle! Enough rotating guys that can't even play the position they are starting!

Bvh90nswozwvgl5ypmt7

If Roos is clearly better? Start Roos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour

Reaction score
ivotuk":34b3bzcv said:
....Jesus Jones on a motorcycle! Enough rotating guys....

Glad to hear "he" got off his crutch! :twisted:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Generally speaking, the measurables I take the most seriously for linemen besides standard weight/height/arm length are broad jump (best measure of explosiveness off the line), bench press (factoring in arm length), 10-yard split (linemen aren't running 40 yards downfield), and 3-cone drill (basic agility).

Taking those into consideration, Roos is probably the best athlete we have on the offensive line, aside from possibly George Fant. Roos had 41 bench press reps with 33'' arms, went 10 yards in sub-three seconds, and posted an excellent 7.47 3-cone at 6'3.5, 302 lbs.

His broad jump wasn't very good (8'10"). It was about the same as Pocic's (8'11"). The main differences between the two were Pocic is longer, while Roos is a lot stronger and more agile. Roos was a steady four-year starter at guard, while Pocic mainly played center, plus a couple games at other positions.

Hawks46

Reaction score
King Dog":1l2pae1n said:
I don't know. From everything I read during the off-season, I was expecting a little more of a George Fant transformation. Aside from his gut, I'm not seeing a lot of difference physique wise. Hopefully he improved his strength significantly and makes a big jump this year. We need him.

HHs9CIO

You do realize that what Fant did is considered remarkable and very uncommon (outside of using steroids) right ?

So you're disappointed that a 2nd year player didn't accomplish something completely remarkable ? Sounds like the typical Hawks fan. :34853_doh:

I'd be happy if he shows a league average amount of improvement over last year, and can anchor and hold blocks. He'd already be better than 60% of the OL out there at that point. And it doesn't have to be remarkable, or unrealistic.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hawks46":1jwi0e4u said:
King Dog":1jwi0e4u said:
I don't know. From everything I read during the off-season, I was expecting a little more of a George Fant transformation. Aside from his gut, I'm not seeing a lot of difference physique wise. Hopefully he improved his strength significantly and makes a big jump this year. We need him.

HHs9CIO

You do realize that what Fant did is considered remarkable and very uncommon (outside of using steroids) right ?

So you're disappointed that a 2nd year player didn't accomplish something completely remarkable ? Sounds like the typical Hawks fan. :34853_doh:

I'd be happy if he shows a league average amount of improvement over last year, and can anchor and hold blocks. He'd already be better than 60% of the OL out there at that point. And it doesn't have to be remarkable, or unrealistic.

Not to mention he could be a crap load stronger with much better stamina. That pic says nothing.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":16k09yej said:
Generally speaking, the measurables I take the most seriously for linemen besides standard weight/height/arm length are broad jump (best measure of explosiveness off the line), bench press (factoring in arm length), 10-yard split (linemen aren't running 40 yards downfield), and 3-cone drill (basic agility).

Taking those into consideration, Roos is probably the best athlete we have on the offensive line, aside from possibly George Fant. Roos had 41 bench press reps with 33'' arms, went 10 yards in sub-three seconds, and posted an excellent 7.47 3-cone at 6'3.5, 302 lbs.

His broad jump wasn't very good (8'10"). It was about the same as Pocic's (8'11"). The main differences between the two were Pocic is longer, while Roos is a lot stronger and more agile. Roos was a steady four-year starter at guard, while Pocic mainly played center, plus a couple games at other positions.

I agree with you.

But the first play that comes to mind about the bolded part above is Beastquake. I realize it's a rare event, but blockers certainly get down field a bit, and especially if there's a turnover. Speed isn't irrelevant.

original poster

Reaction score
toffee":1mbn3rtq said:
hawknation2018":1mbn3rtq said:
ivotuk":1mbn3rtq said:

Bvh90nswozwvgl5ypmt7

What does he look like! :lol: :lol:

Clayfighter

Reaction score
original poster":11o2uw38 said:
toffee":11o2uw38 said:
hawknation2018":11o2uw38 said:
ivotuk":11o2uw38 said:

Bvh90nswozwvgl5ypmt7

Joey looks small...

toffee

Reaction score
Clayfighter":fo4ys7xn said:
original poster":fo4ys7xn said:
toffee":fo4ys7xn said:
hawknation2018":fo4ys7xn said:

Bvh90nswozwvgl5ypmt7

Joey looks small...

We need three SHORT interior linemen. Wide body, strong and short. Short QB, short center and guards.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
toffee":36vxqu8d said:
Clayfighter":36vxqu8d said:
original poster":36vxqu8d said:
toffee":36vxqu8d said:

Joey looks small...

We need three SHORT interior linemen. Wide body, strong and short. Short QB, short center and guards.

If Cable was still with the Seahawks, he’d try to covert Poona Ford into an OG.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Seymour":cd44njkr said:
TransGenderHawkFan":cd44njkr said:
SoulfishHawk":cd44njkr said:
Earl is slow? :34853_doh:
If you have never had a joke go over your head; it just happened.

It wasn't a joke. Someone actually said that last year when Earl was rehabbing, and it was stated again sarcastically.

No, several people said that last year.