The Future is Bright

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Tanking is not acceptable. It is cowardly, dishonest, and pathetic.
Maybe it is, but staying steady Eddie at .500 gets the team nowhere.

Losing to rebound yourselves for the future, like how the 49ers have done it, that is the formula for Superbowls

Jerhawk

Reaction score
like in 2010-2014 they weren't going anywhere?

I just do not understand the logic of tanking on purpose, then I realize the people saying it are ignorant.
What? I'm not following.

The team stunk from '08 - '10 to set themselves up in a position to be competitive for '12 - '14.
That's how the successful NFL teams do it, they have about a 3-4 year window at winning, then they need to tear it down, which results in 1-3 poor years, in order to acquire the draft capitol to build it up again. Like a yo yo

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maybe it is, but staying steady Eddie at .500 gets the team nowhere.

Losing to rebound yourselves for the future, like how the 49ers have done it, that is the formula for Superbowls

Maybe that'd be true if they didn't already have a team tanking for them.

And the 49ers didn't lose on purpose. Winning organizations don't lose on purpose.

Jville

Reaction score
If tanking were common practice, wouldn't there be a weekly/daily outrage by fans and players and Media and league and Las Vegas?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
This team isn't going anywhere with Carroll in charge.

This was a rebuilding year and they cost themselves a top 10 pick by winning 7 games. Mind boggling they couldn't even tank properly when they're allowed to
Like I said back up the hill "Milking the Bummer Cow" Because that's all ya got.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You're right, the Seahawks are about mediocrity.

If you're in a rebuild year, don't win 7 games. They over achieved and cost themselves valuable draft position. They've always done this. They finish around .500 and routinely go nowhere.

This team became great in 2012-2014 due to how poor they were in 2008-2010, granting them prime draft positions to get great players early in the draft.

Yes, they also struck gold with later round picks, but staying middle of the road is not the winning way. The Seahawks way of hovering around .500 stinks!
NOT DONE RELOADING.
The tits on that "Bummer Cow" is getting chafed & sore.
YOU NEVER TANK!!! EVER!!!!

D

DomeHawk

It's all about how we draft the next couple of years. If we can replicate this yrs draft we will be a good team for years.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

If tanking were common practice, wouldn't there be a weekly/daily outrage by fans and players and Media and league and Las Vegas?
Well I think teams tank by not fielding the best possible team. They don't try to lose intentionally with the guys out there, but at the same time they know who they're putting out there