The hate i see is unjustified

Largent80

Reaction score
You have to remember, Breno was plucked from GB's practice squad. Totally overpaid by the Jets who are desperate.

We are not desperate.

chihawk

Reaction score
xCalibur":1ioujp6j said:
We have not replaced anyone and we have at least 8 to replace and maybe more to come after losing these 8 players - Rice, Tate, Clemons, Bryant, Maragos, McDonald, Schofield and Giacomini....you cannot blame some for being somewhat concerned. The draft alone cannot replace this many players.

On any normal year, you should expect at least a few draft picks to become starters or significant contributors. Last year we had such a strong and deep team that we didn't have any rookies become starters or significant contributors. Some of them (like Hill/Williams, Simon, Bowie, etc) along with other young players may fill some of the holes and a potentially a rookie or two from the draft.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
xCalibur":3aaj5tss said:
bigtrain21":3aaj5tss said:
Blitzer88":3aaj5tss said:
Here here, yeah I knew we would lose some guys, but we don't seem to be in a rush to replace any of them and that it what concerns me the most.

I don't get why you have to be in a rush to replace them. The next game is almost 6 months away. Free Agency started less than 2 days ago. I don't understand why the people that panic don't let it play out a little bit before they lose it. We haven't lost anyone that is irreplaceable.

Agreed..we have not lost anyone that is not replaceable...however every hour of every day more quality FA's will be grabbed up...what will be left will be guys of less quality then what we have lost...i am just surprised that we have not at least signed 1-2 guys...heck...someone...the draft alone cannot replace 8 guys...and there are more we could lose still.

Yes they have but at what cost? This post makes it sound as though the only place to get talent is the first few days of free agency. When Wilson's contract come due do you want to have to gut the team to sign him or do you want the FO go the reasonable route? The FO won the Super Bowl doing it their way. Why in the hell would you want them to change their process?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Only problem I have with boicing concern is exaggeration. We won't miss his three penalties a game for example.

I laughed at Niner fans insulting their FS and TE when they left last year. Lost the names.

Nothing wrong with acknowledging they were valued players on our roster. Sucks their gone but it shouldn't diminish what they did or brought to this super bowl championship team.

razor150

Reaction score
Personally the only player I am concerned about losing was Clemons. It isn't easy to replace someone that can rush the passer, and last season our pass rush was at its best when we had Avril, Bennett and Clemons on the field. Tate was a minor concern but let's be honest the guy is no star and with receiving core of #2s we really need to get a #1. We can certainly do without Breno's constant stupid penalties considering how mediocre his play was. If we can sign Allen or some other pass rusher I would reallly like to see us concetrate on the offense in the draft.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Our free agents are getting overvalued, it is only natural when you win a superb owl.

The flip side is that Seattle is the number one destination for free agents this season.

I am ok with this.

Seaswab

Reaction score
seahawksTopGear":p0kppjgd said:
Our free agents are getting overvalued, it is only natural when you win a superb owl.

The flip side is that Seattle is the number one destination for free agents this season.

I am ok with this.

Yet we havent signed one outside Free Agent yet, unless you count Taylor Price.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
xCalibur":a7ot5o9y said:
Agreed..we have not lost anyone that is not replaceable...however every hour of every day more quality FA's will be grabbed up...what will be left will be guys of less quality then what we have lost...i am just surprised that we have not at least signed 1-2 guys...heck...someone...the draft alone cannot replace 8 guys...and there are more we could lose still.

I don't know why I find this post so hilarious, but I do. Pills are good.

This FO brought us a Super Bowl. I'm good with them until the wheels fall off.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":d2z9b542 said:
This FO brought us a Super Bowl. I'm good with them until the wheels fall off.

With the way we keep drafting, half our fan base might kick off from old age before the wheels fall off this team.

#WinForever

:snack:

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Seaswab":eeowc0ps said:
seahawksTopGear":eeowc0ps said:

I am ok with this.

So what?

Jville

Reaction score
Largent80":1npo7f7q said:
You have to remember, Breno was plucked from GB's practice squad. Totally overpaid by the Jets who are desperate.

We are not desperate.

How can you make such a statement in the absence of any disclosure of contract details? :229031_shrug:

Rocket

Reaction score
If you're not a fair-weather wagon jumper, then {censored}, you're r{censored} !!!!
THIS IS HOW THE HAWLS WORK IN F.A.
Go take a dump, have a relaxant of your choice and
CHILL THE {censored} OUT.

This management style got us to the super bowl, so lighten up Francis.
I hate newbies...

Rocket

Reaction score
* hey mods, pretty good eh?
No "bad" words, no personal attacks, nuttin' bad.
Pretty friggin' good... fire mellows your ass.

godawg

Reaction score
All I can say is that I wouldn't want to play poker against John Schneider. In FA, like in poker, patience is critical, otherwise you will lose your money. Schneider has proven to be a master at waiting for his opportunities...and then pouncing. With the exception of Charlie Whitehurst, I can't think of a move he has made that has bitten us in the ass. We are still better than Denver, and that team has a one year life expectancy. For some strange reason this team resembles the dynasty that Pete built at USC. No rebuilding, just reloading. It has become the most desirable destination for FAs in the NFL, so there is no point in rushing to spend. I have a feeling that Allen wants to play here pretty badly, and we are just sitting back till he realizes that he will have to chop his price down to get in the door.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Seaswab":2rkgzpyp said:
seahawksTopGear":2rkgzpyp said:

I am ok with this.

That's because the FO wants talent that fits the team at a reasonable price. You don't sign a free agent just because they are there.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
God love players that have built a name for themselves in the NFL. But does mean you over pay or sign a player. How many big name players have gone on to a new team and did not live up to their reputation? We have had more than a few here. I would rather be the team that those players used to build their reputation.

JS and PC are doing what they need to do.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It seems to me that other than a little wiggle room or potential carry over cap money, most teams are spending what the cap essentially allows. The Hawks have the richest owner in the league and is getting a great return on his investment, so it isn't like the Hawks are cheaping out on players.

They are distributing the money the best they can for the team. They will spend as much as they can while working with the salary restrictions the best they can.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The only way to have a good team with a salary cap is to underpay your players, and the beginning rush of free agency is always about the big name FA who get overpaid. We'll sign some people but it will be later on once the big bucks have been spent and we can offer smaller contracts to people that may have been overlooked.

The main thing that the "look how much worse we are getting!" crowd is missing is that replacements can come from our existing roster. All of these players that we are so concerned about losing got their opportunity taking over from somebody else. Nobody knew in Sherman's first year that he would be our franchise CB, and we have several dozen young players on the roster at the moment with upside. Calm down, watch who we pick up in the draft, and then come to training camp to see all of the young players competing for increased playing time before you decide that our team is getting worse.