The Herd "Seattle has the worst off. & def. lines in NFL

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
DJrmb":1pv3j01n said:
Colin Cowherd is a piece of garbage. He's so worried about "making it" and appeasing his east coast bosses that he's purposely decided to be contrarian to anything Seattle or pnw. He specifically chooses topics about Seattle or the pnw to be against to try to sell his brand. He's a complete loser.
I used to think Colin was a good analyst but at some point he just became a distinct hater.

Although, the Seahawks have flaws, his take on Seattle is just ridiculous at times.

He used to be a good listen but he has become unbearable.

Not cause he disagrees with me but he cannot provide logical justification to any of his claims.

Remember when he said Wilson will play for another franchise?

Although that may eventually take place, it won’t be because of his reasons.

John63

Reaction score
I know some here love to crap on any negative thing pointed at the hawks, but he is right. As it stands now both line are at best question marks. Nothing I have read or seen says they are better than last year and both were bad. The whole delusion that indefi was the problem on the oline fails to take into account other's on the oline ranked horrible in pass blocking as well. I hope it works out but after 8 year so hoping for avg pass blocking I have little faith.

rcaido

Reaction score
You guys are weird, so if he says something negative he is now a hater? The guy is so in love with Russell Wilson, just as much as me...The guy was born and raised here and went to college here....Im pretty sure he is just a critical Seahawk fan.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Addition by subtraction works for the OLine. Gone are Ifedi, Hunt, and God Love him, Fluker.

Pocic with actual reps, Damien, and Anybody are better than last year.

DLine. Jarran Reed all 16 games benefits Poona. Then we had Clowney and....?

Irvin and Mayowa, plus Jamal Adams, a confident Tre Flowers, Quille in a contract year, and Quandre Diggs will be the HELP! the DLine needs to "look" better this year.

So worst I the NFL? Maybe. Better than last year? Without a doubt.

But like mentioned above, Week 1 is always a toss up. :snack:

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Except for Brown it’s all Joes and no Pros On either line until they show different. To me it is sheer incompetence what they have done on the lines this offseason but I hope I am wrong.

beastalamode

Reaction score
I still can't believe we didnt get Everson Griffin, would have only cost us about 7 mil :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

hawker84

Reaction score
did we do something in the off season to improve the lines besides get rid of false start Ifedi that I missed? He's not wrong far as I can see, especially on the defensive side. It starts in the trenches, this coaching staff used to understand this...

WmHBonney

Reaction score
How many times did Ifedi turn 3rd and 2 into 3rd and 7? Drive-killing penalties like that are CRUCIAL. Especially when combined with Pete's game plan of winning close games. Letting Ifedi go is a big upgrade. My biggest concern with the Oline is the lack of time to gel.

John63

Reaction score
So based on today's game, he could be right. However outside of stupid penalties the oline was better than I expected. So we will see.

BigMeach

Reaction score
John63":eq2l8hsw said:
So based on today's game, he could be right. However outside of stupid penalties the oline was better than I expected. So we will see.

But we owned the Falcons, Matt Ryan didn't own us.
He's already wrong on the one thing he said that can be determined in one game?

And let's be honest, while our o and d line might not be great (hope they are of course) it's a ridiculous expectation that we'll be THE worst in NFL. He is wrong in everything he said.

His reverse homerism is showing.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
John63":3lwqrd1s said:
The offensive line did not play well. There was a lot of pressure on Wilson, and our run game was getting zero push. They did not play well.

John63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2tmgdqfk said:
John63":2tmgdqfk said:
The offensive line did not play well. There was a lot of pressure on Wilson, and our run game was getting zero push. They did not play well.

Trying to be positive because my expectations were low they looked good. The penalties have to stop.

Smellyman

Reaction score
It went pretty well.

Pocic/Lewis/Shell first time playing together with no preseason. Going up from here.

toffee

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":cuhd97zd said:
John63":cuhd97zd said:

The run game wasn't good for sure, on the passing plays, who was the biggest liability in this game?

I didn't watch but heard that poccic did ok, Shell had problems in first quarter? And there were some penalties in the 4th. Who gave up the most pressure?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":ybmb054f said:
John63":ybmb054f said:

The run game wasn't good for sure, on the passing plays, who was the biggest liability in this game?

I didn't watch but heard that poccic did ok, Shell had problems in first quarter? And there were some penalties in the 4th. Who gave up the most pressure?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2tz5shof said:
John63":2tz5shof said:

They played well enough to allow Russ to dial up 38 points. Methinks thou doth protest too much.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I tell you what, for a terrible offensive line,that screen play to Carson was a thing of beauty. Would have been 6 from anywhere on the field.

Oh, and 4th-and-6, when it HAS to be a pass, our OL gave Wilson time to hit Metcalf deep. So there's that.

Mick063

Reaction score
You manage your roster around a salary cap. For that reason, it is impossible to have an all pro at every position.

I would say that having an all pro at Safety, Mike, and Quarterback is sufficient for a winning formula. Then it is a matter of getting just enough competency from the remaining contracts and position groups. Bang for the buck. They don't have to be the best at their position. They just have to be worth their contract. It is about the sum being greater than the parts.