The "Hollywood Russ" take

ducks41468

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1n86v39o said:
uncle fester":1n86v39o said:
Also, I'm not impressed with the self-worship of former servicemembers in this thread. None of that has bearing on a game we watch for entertainment.

This. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Optimus25

Reaction score
well that escalated quickly lol

i was just at work venting about my thoughts on Russ laying another brain fart performance and probably got a tick too personal towards Mael dude so my apologies there.

thanks to all including my fellow bros for the comments and support. Nearly 19 years in and I’ve moved 7 times and seen 12 countries! supported my family and been married the entire time so usually that’s the biggest boost for me in that my wife has been loyal the whole time and any thank you directed my way i use to direct towards my wife and kids that everything they’re sacrificing is actually worth it....ie, my 18 yo daughter struggles with anxiety and depression i think largely due to her inability to make new friends.

back to business. since i have no demons as OP implied, i’ll just stick to his main responses. Why didn’t i just talk about Russ’s Xs and Os? Why am i such a stupid animal as to imply he’s not focused? first of all i don’t have the ticket and didn’t see the game. second, you can have the minutae i’ll stick to the fruit of the tree. we played a half of football with this roster and scored 3 points offensively. i’m not exaggerating or kidding that tim tebow could use these weapons and produce 6.

so if somethings unacceptable i’m tired of no accountability. i’m tired of Pete having junk first halves and claiming it’s pete ball. talk about demons, i thought we exercised those demons in the first half of the season but boy did they come sunday. i’m tired of russell holding the ball and taking unnecessary sacks.

i’m tired of no accountability once your stock gets so high. you’re right op, you get good enough so in the off season some desperate team has to snag you in free agency and then you just suck again and it’s all over. you rode your ticket to multi millions and you can legally deliver literal dung on the field.

how would i hold Russ accountable? mid way thru the second qtr I would have played Geno for a series. just imagine the look of shame on Russ’s face the moment he’s healthy, in a competitive game, and on the sideline. if that wouldn’t piss him off and fire him up i don’t know what would. and we all know it couldn’t have possibly produced less on the field.

so there’s my Xs and Os for you. if someone sucks pull them. otherwise you’re not big balls pete and you aren’t being competitive, but then again this is the guy who stuck it out with bevell. and my idea as president would be you get paid for results, not expected results. i think every player on the super bowl team should get the twenty gazillion bortles, osweiler, and haynesworth suckled out of the system. 100% incentive based would probably make for some crazy competitive games no? then maybe they’d give a damn every week.

Optimus25

Reaction score
ducks41468":2qy5jynn said:
bmorepunk":2qy5jynn said:
uncle fester":2qy5jynn said:
Also, I'm not impressed with the self-worship of former servicemembers in this thread. None of that has bearing on a game we watch for entertainment.

i’ll answer that.

because we can compare various fields and try to reason what kind accountability is warranted with a particular occupation. for example, the equivalent to wilson last sunday would be me fixing a $40 million dollar F18 with duct tape and killing a pilot. since he only goes home to a mansion and a perfume launch, it’s interesting to discuss what real world mental obstacles you must overcome to not have a game like this. i say you need to care about winning more than validating your positivity coach which i argue didn’t happen sunday.

see it now?

rcaido

Reaction score
Optimus25":p1x9fa3b said:
how would i hold Russ accountable? mid way thru the second qtr I would have played Geno for a series. just imagine the look of shame on Russ’s face the moment he’s healthy, in a competitive game, and on the sideline. if that wouldn’t piss him off and fire him up i don’t know what would. and we all know it couldn’t have possibly produced less on the field.

so there’s my Xs and Os for you. if someone sucks pull them. otherwise you’re not big balls pete and you aren’t being competitive, but then again this is the guy who stuck it out with bevell. and my idea as president would be you get paid for results, not expected results. i think every player on the super bowl team should get the twenty gazillion bortles, osweiler, and haynesworth suckled out of the system. 100% incentive based would probably make for some crazy competitive games no? then maybe they’d give a damn every week.

You want to bench Russ for Geno when we were pitching a shutout? Unbelievable...

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1qbcbusr said:
A lot of the posting I do here is from my dad's house. I commute there 3 days a week to take care of him. He's 95 and one of the few remaining WWll vets in this region. His mind is shot, no short term memory, nearly blind. He's a handful to keep at home, but anything is better than shipping him out to some "care center" prison. I'm all in on respecting and caring for our vets. Hope I get the same consideration.
Just being a vet does not excuse any of us from being wrong, any more than it makes unsound reasoning right.
Need to vent? I get that. I did most of mine during halftime when the handwriting on the wall was vivid. Didn't help a thing. No one played better because of my hysterics. It didn't cause me to make any new friends. When it was over it didn't even make me feel better.
Salute, and get ready for another game that could produce a similar result. One way or the other fully half the fanbases in the country will be left unsatisfied about results every week. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
Get over it.

I'm at my grandpa's house to visit my grandpa (late 80s). My dad's here right not to spell my aunt. Grandpa has just fallen apart the last couple years after my grandma died; she was bedridden with issues for a couple years and he was just constantly taking care of her with my aunt around somewhat. Now he has a cancer resurgence and dementia is really getting him. I don't know if he even knows who I am to be honest, he was a pretty quiet dude and he's said a couple of things to me but I just don't know.

My grandfather was a Ranger in Korea and Special Forces (Green Beret) medic in Vietnam (for many deployments). I've pieced together some stuff over the years (again, quiet dude), and the things he's survived are amazing. Four helo crashes, a mortar round to the back, and quite a few gunshot/frag wounds. His two youngest kids died about 15-20 years ago and given the loss of grandma and all the buddies he had to have seen go in those two conflicts I can't imagine the weight he's been carrying. The visual of someone who used to be the most physically capable human beings on the planet not being able to get up out of a chair under his own power really re-centers what is important.

I hope your time with your dad goes as best as it can. I've got some time before I start falling apart, and you never know when things might go wrong for you, but I'm going to enjoy the things I can as much as possible.

It's disappointing when your team loses and fun when they win, but I think everybody should keep in mind it doesn't matter compared to real things. If you're just upset a lot, in real terms, please take a step back and really think. To me that really extends to actually hating players on a personal level or getting too invested in worrying about their personal lives.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
But the take makes sense.

Russ literally TOLD you this.

'The separation is in the preparation' - Wilson

So if there is no separation, has there been enough preparation?

As far as results, when we were going to SuperBowls remember all the stuff coming out of the training facility about how much time Wilson was putting in? Nights, mornings, weekends?

I don't begrudge the guy for wanting a life. That kind of commitment was simply not sustainable long-term with a family. But you also notice we haven't won a meaningful playoff game since. Is it all just that we lost the LOB, his cap #s raised, and the team fell apart? We have a decent enough roster to win a division playoff game if you contrast to other division playoff winners in the past.

Right now, Wilson is the best QB the Seahawks have ever had. But it would be ridiculous to imply that all these ventures DURING THE SEASON are not impacting his ability to commit mindshare to increase our win % in the playoffs. I would bet money that the amount of time he is committing now is nowhere near what it was during our SB runs.

And I imagine, that his sleep and downtime (to rest your brain) blocks have been impacted by all these additional ventures.

To imply that all these ventures would not impact his ability to produce at QB is going to ignore how the brain works and the realities that within the day you have a limited amount of productive hours. So yes, he is likely making a choice (conscious or unconscious) to sacrifice onfield performance to enable some of these ventures.

Do what you want when you are winning. Nobody cares. But when you start losing people are going to start scrutinizing you. And Wilson has earned the scrutiny. Both in % of cap he is taking, and the sheer amount of external activity he engages in during the season.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Optimus25":2l8gnsdu said:

i was just at work venting about my thoughts on Russ laying another brain fart performance and probably got a tick too personal towards Mael dude so my apologies there.

thanks to all including my fellow bros for the comments and support. Nearly 19 years in and I’ve moved 7 times and seen 12 countries! supported my family and been married the entire time so usually that’s the biggest boost for me in that my wife has been loyal the whole time and any thank you directed my way i use to direct towards my wife and kids that everything they’re sacrificing is actually worth it....ie, my 18 yo daughter struggles with anxiety and depression i think largely due to her inability to make new friends.

back to business. since i have no demons as OP implied, i’ll just stick to his main responses. Why didn’t i just talk about Russ’s Xs and Os? Why am i such a stupid animal as to imply he’s not focused? first of all i don’t have the ticket and didn’t see the game. second, you can have the minutae i’ll stick to the fruit of the tree. we played a half of football with this roster and scored 3 points offensively. i’m not exaggerating or kidding that tim tebow could use these weapons and produce 6.

so if somethings unacceptable i’m tired of no accountability. i’m tired of Pete having junk first halves and claiming it’s pete ball. talk about demons, i thought we exercised those demons in the first half of the season but boy did they come sunday. i’m tired of russell holding the ball and taking unnecessary sacks.

i’m tired of no accountability once your stock gets so high. you’re right op, you get good enough so in the off season some desperate team has to snag you in free agency and then you just suck again and it’s all over. you rode your ticket to multi millions and you can legally deliver literal dung on the field.

How about the questions I asked you? I will pose them again.

An individual living in a free country is not allowed to make money in every possible legal way? Only one source of income is permissible? Is this only for the NFL or every single CITIZEN of this country?

Should Russ report to you directly when he needs to account for his play?

The NFL makes owners Billions, how much less than the 47% of revenue would you like to give your servants...I mean players in this dream scenario of yours?

ducks41468

Reaction score
Optimus25":2az28myg said:
ducks41468":2az28myg said:
bmorepunk":2az28myg said:
uncle fester":2az28myg said:

i’ll answer that.

because we can compare various fields and try to reason what kind accountability is warranted with a particular occupation. for example, the equivalent to wilson last sunday would be me fixing a $40 million dollar F18 with duct tape and killing a pilot. since he only goes home to a mansion and a perfume launch, it’s interesting to discuss what real world mental obstacles you must overcome to not have a game like this. i say you need to care about winning more than validating your positivity coach which i argue didn’t happen sunday.

see it now?

No, I don't. You're bringing your own personal biases into this and it's off topic.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2rkh2s9a said:
This thread not moved to shack yet?

I think we can bring it back from where it devolved to and develop a shared understanding, or at least a pool of commonality that we can draw from.

W

Welshers

pinksheets":2jukbn8d said:
The discourse here, especially after a loss, is so thoughtless and toxic. There used to be really thoughtful analysis here, and now it's threads about Russell being too hollywood or people saying, definitively, that Pete and Russ can't win and that any thought to the contrary means you're one of the sheeple. Did the posting population shift that much over a few years or have so many of us turned that sour? No forum is ever perfect, and I'm certainly glossing over some $h!t from the past, but damn, it gets ugly as hell here consistently.

Really off-putting.
Ive read this forum for over a decade and you sir are correct. Things got worse

John63

Reaction score
Welshers":2u8ggezz said:
pinksheets":2u8ggezz said:
The discourse here, especially after a loss, is so thoughtless and toxic. There used to be really thoughtful analysis here, and now it's threads about Russell being too hollywood or people saying, definitively, that Pete and Russ can't win and that any thought to the contrary means you're one of the sheeple. Did the posting population shift that much over a few years or have so many of us turned that sour? No forum is ever perfect, and I'm certainly glossing over some $h!t from the past, but damn, it gets ugly as hell here consistently.

Really off-putting.

YUP

ZagHawk

Reaction score
John63":3ut3m54p said:
Welshers":3ut3m54p said:
pinksheets":3ut3m54p said:

Really off-putting.

YUP

The bar has been raised...we have watched the rise and fall and re-rise of other teams in the division, meanwhile the Hawks have stayed relevant, they have not fallen to the same extent as the division opponents. BUT they also have not risen to the same extent as the division opponents either since the SB win. This is the frustration.

2015 - Cardinals win division and goes to NFCCG (Seahawks on the down, fine...)
2016 - Seahawks win the division, lose in divisional round (NFCW also very weak this year, no expectations, Seahawks still on the down)
2017 - Rams win division, Seahawks STILL in the down and miss playoffs entirely....Rams don't amount to anything
2018 - Rams win the division and goes to SB, Seahawks lose in wildcard...Rams are at peak, not much expectation for Hawks yet, but we think...Hawks coming back up....
2019 - SF Wins the division and goes to SB, Hawks wild card card and lose in the divisional, fans realize SF has peaked, Rams rebuilding, and Hawks were supposed to be bad and sparking future excitement.
2020 - This is a year fans have been waiting for what we THINK is peak....it certainly started that way, and the Hawks make huge blockbuster trade like Jamal Adams that says..."WIN NOW". Then you see RW stumbling and Pete showing his old ways that got the team booted out of all the previous play off games...the frustration settles in.

It's getting ugly because this is the frustration. When you see the same thing come up and it looks exactly the same and the sad part is this is the year the Hawks are trying to win now. This is the time of the season when the Hawks should be solidifying themselves as "Getting hot for the playoffs" not stumbling on its face and saying "Oh maybe the games 1-6 were just a case of playing a bad opponent".

Call my posts toxic, but I'm passionate as hell at wanting to see our Hawks suceed. I'm passione and frustrated because I see talent on the field that's is enough to win BUT I also see the same mistakes over and over again and it sucks and I'm frustrated that time after time we still have fans pointing at "Playoff appearances" as the reason why nothing is wrong. If this was a team that didn't have the pieces in place, I would be just fine with playoff appearances (This is how I felt in 2017-2019), but in 2020 the pieces are in place and this is an overall (knock on wood) healthy team that is benefitting from other team sin the division (like the NIners) being injured. And our Hawks are stumbling mid-late season when they should be getting hot.

For people who write comments about the old days and the entitlement of millenials. You certainly seem to be pushing the agenda of participation trophies....yeah you made it to the playoffs...

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1335980770041634817[/tweet]

TypeSly

Reaction score
This thread just makes no sense whatsoever.

In one corner, you have a Seahawks fan who doesn't like the way other fans are complaining about the recent loss! And in the other corner, you have a service veteran who doesn't like the overpaid QB's off-field endeavors!

"Okay, everyone! Make your line in the sand, choose a side and stand back!" :laugh:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":yh6fzm2e said:
Spin Doctor":yh6fzm2e said:
The complaining over the losses are because this is an ongoing trend. Different year, same garbage. Pete Carroll refuses to adapt, poor clock management, foolish offensive schemes same result, an early exit from the playoffs. Thus far we're following the same path as we have since 2015. We're wasting our QBs prime with Carroll.

Apparently he's wasting his own prime by not focusing on football.

Dude, I enjoy most of your posts, whether I "agree" with them or not, but a couple questions about your avatar...
I can't make out the number of the Hawk defender who is bearing down on Kyler Murray. Is it 91, 97, 94, or something totally else?

You realize Kyler "Bad Takes" Murray is like the most elusive QB in the game, and this looks like the moment just before yet-another-Murray-escape-from-a-certain-sack for a big completion? So is that how it feels going after all the "Bad Takes" on here, whiff on some, get in a whack on some as they escape, and every now and then nail the sucker for a sack? I mean, it's so appropriate that you chose this pic with super-elusive Kyler Murray as the prey.

How did this play actually turn out in the real game? Did the Seahawk defender get a sack, or did Murray make yet another miraculous escape?

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
olyfan63":h8sgnfoi said:
Maelstrom787":h8sgnfoi said:
Spin Doctor":h8sgnfoi said:
The complaining over the losses are because this is an ongoing trend. Different year, same garbage. Pete Carroll refuses to adapt, poor clock management, foolish offensive schemes same result, an early exit from the playoffs. Thus far we're following the same path as we have since 2015. We're wasting our QBs prime with Carroll.

Dude, I enjoy most of your posts, whether I "agree" with them or not, but a couple questions about your avatar...
I can't make out the number of the Hawk defender who is bearing down on Kyler Murray. Is it 91, 97, 94, or something totally else?

You realize Kyler "Bad Takes" Murray is like the most elusive QB in the game, and this looks like the moment just before yet-another-Murray-escape-from-a-certain-sack for a big completion? So is that how it feels going after all the "Bad Takes" on here, whiff on some, get in a whack on some as they escape, and every now and then nail the sucker for a sack? I mean, it's so appropriate that you chose this pic with super-elusive Kyler Murray as the prey.

How did this play actually turn out in the real game? Did the Seahawk defender get a sack, or did Murray make yet another miraculous escape?

It's LJ Collier. It was the play where he got interior penetration, forcing a hold from Sweezy in the endzone, causing a safety. I also got a chuckle out of it being Kyler Murray because of the elusiveness you mentioned.

I just needed to throw one together to get rid of my old Tharold Simon "humble thug" one. It was past time to retire that one.

Nunya

Reaction score
Optimus25":11snrx5j said:

So correct me if I'm wrong. You did not watch the game, but you believe you know exactly how to fix the problems and benching the best QB the franchise ever had....and who is still having a great season.....is your go-to fix????

There isn't a big enough facepalm meme for that.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Nunya":15hz7ttm said:
Optimus25":15hz7ttm said:

So correct me if I'm wrong. You did not watch the game, but you believe you know exactly how to fix the problems and benching the best QB the franchise ever had....and who is still having a great season.....is your go-to fix????

There isn't a big enough facepalm meme for that.

Good grief, it was "Overreaction Monday". Can we just let people vent and over-analyze and dissect and critique and share bad ideas and vent a little? Sometimes Overreaction Monday can last clear into Wednesday, especially if the showing was really bad, which it certainly was on Sunday.

I think I would have benched Schotty or Pete before Russell, and yes, Optimus25's idea of benching Russell for a series may or may not be a good or feasible idea, (I wouldn't recommend it, not like Geno would do anything but suck worse) but it's a level of venting that is in line with the level of futility we witnessed on Sunday.

Russell this season, does NOT look like the Russell Wilson we've come to know and love. He looks confused, battered, and is far too often making bad decisions we are not used to seeing him make, and is getting caught and sacked in pressure situations he used to escape and pull a Houdini. Why??!! Who knows. Some have theorized he is concussed at a level just below the league's protocol (and/or is really good at hiding it during diagnostics), or maybe he's got some sort of injury that the club is keeping hidden, a groin or hammy strain, rib injury, or whatever. It doesn't help that the R. Tackle position has been trash since Shell went down. What we do know, is that Russell is 100% competitor, and will give his all to figure it out and turn things around.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":24usg8wi said:
olyfan63":24usg8wi said:
Maelstrom787":24usg8wi said:
Spin Doctor":24usg8wi said:

It's LJ Collier. It was the play where he got interior penetration, forcing a hold from Sweezy in the endzone, causing a safety. I also got a chuckle out of it being Kyler Murray because of the elusiveness you mentioned.

I just needed to throw one together to get rid of my old Tharold Simon "humble thug" one. It was past time to retire that one.

Awesome, thanks! And how appropriate! I was looking at the image and thinking, if that's LJ Collier, he's never gonna catch jitterbug Kyler from that position, but that being the play where he got held and drew a holding penalty (on Sweezy!) resulting in a safety, is a WIN, and perfect! And yes, those with "Bad Takes" are often good at running and ducking and hiding, and can be *elusive* to sack, but forcing a retreat and a hold is a win too. That play, IMO, was the key difference in that game.

It was for sure time to retire the Tharald "Toast" Simon pic.