The inconsistency is unreal

vin.couve12

Reaction score
For the millionth time, this is why you strive to have a balanced offense. It's redundancy. When one fails, you have the other.

Next year, I want to see the staff have some conviction with that though. Let Jimmy and Richardson go. Retain Brown and invest in the OL and RBs even more.

This shouldn't be threatening to the RW guzzlers. He'll actually benefit.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
strohmin":1evdmcb0 said:
Because Russell is very inconcistent. This team goes howRussell goes.

While this statement is basically true, and I'm not above blaming Wilson for bad reads and mistakes on throws, we really need to dig deeper before calling out his play as the sole source of inconsistency.

strohmin

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1i6jd3m9 said:
strohmin":1i6jd3m9 said:

While this statement is basically true, and I'm not above blaming Wilson for bad reads and mistakes on throws, we really need to dig deeper before calling out his play as the sole source of inconsistency.

As much as we all want to blame Bevell, I believe Russell has a significant impact on losses as much as he does on wins. You cant expect an O-line to become consistent when they have to basically have eyes in the back of their head to know where Russell is going to be during a play.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
They aren't that good. It's a 11-5 team, tops, that lost guys...so they're a 9 or 10 wins team. OL, RB, and now the secondary are all liabilities. Receivers aren't bad, but they aren't great. Kicker sucks. The pressing is on Rusty, but so is the comeback.

It's on Schneider, Carroll, Cable, Bevell, Reeeeshard, the players - everybody.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Cardinals beat both the jags and Titans. Seahawks can't beat either of them

Why

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
renofox":36axxprv said:
semiahmoo":36axxprv said:
NFSeahawks628":36axxprv said:
The team isn't coached well, thats why there is inconsistency, and also why games are painful to watch.

THIS.

The Seahawks are not well-coached. So much of our trouble/inconsistency comes down to that.

W/O Wilson we would be the league's pre-Matthau Bad News Bears because of the coaching = starting with PC.

I think the Seahawks are one of the best coached teams in the league, in player development.
I think the Seahawks are one of the worst coached teams in the league, in scheming and playcalling.

Is it possible to just have "substitute" coaches on game days? lol

I think this is why so many people are so divided on the coaches. One side sees how what a great team we have, the other side sees a lot of head scratching game decisions and then the rest of us see both sides and don't know what to think.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
strohmin":2wbbfi18 said:
Grahamhawker":2wbbfi18 said:
strohmin":2wbbfi18 said:

As much as we all want to blame Bevell, I believe Russell has a significant impact on losses as much as he does on wins. You cant expect an O-line to become consistent when they have to basically have eyes in the back of their head to know where Russell is going to be during a play.

Also true. Take today's 3 picks away and a win is likely. I'm just saying that Wilson being responsible for an all-time NFL % of the offensive production is an undeniable sign of an offense that is majorly out of balance.

To my eye, the major thing RW needs to improve on is his decision making when it's "just not there". He needs to get rid of the ball and live to fight another down. Now that said, we all know that this team depends heavily on just those sort of plays to win games, so it's a bit of a catch 22 situation, isn't it?

I'm proud of the number of cliches in that statement, btw.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Every NFL team is "inconsistent" if by that you mean that good teams often lose and worse teams often win. Three of the NFC teams ahead of us (Vikings, Saints and Rams) all dropped games this weekend while two of the worst NFC teams (49ers and Bears) both won.

This weekend the Seahawks lost a close game that we were underdogs in, and could have won if any of a half dozen things had gone differently. Your post about inconsistency would make a lot more sense if we had won the game in an upset.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A few assistant coaches need to not be employed by this team next year.
After a great game plan and great playcalling on both sides of the ball last week, they took the week off and went back to the status quo by crapping the bed. Was Bortles even sacked once today? Not getting Graham involved early in the game was inexcusable as well.

Not saying the execution was great or even good, because it flat out wasn’t, but as a coordinator your job is to put your team in the best position to win thru gameplanning and playcalling. Clearly the 2 guys on both sides of the ball do not do that on a consistent basis.

Always compete you say???? Let’s see the coaching staff held accountable to that standard as well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1c49e6ma said:
strohmin":1c49e6ma said:
Grahamhawker":1c49e6ma said:
strohmin":1c49e6ma said:

Also true. Take today's 3 picks away and a win is likely. I'm just saying that Wilson being responsible for an all-time NFL % of the offensive production is an undeniable sign of an offense that is majorly out of balance.

To my eye, the major thing RW needs to improve on is his decision making when it's "just not there". He needs to get rid of the ball and live to fight another down. Now that said, we all know that this team depends heavily on just those sort of plays to win games, so it's a bit of a catch 22 situation, isn't it?

Agree on most of that. Russ needs to get rid of the ball quicker on some plays, eliminate the stupid picks into double coverage. .....and he needs to stop with the intentional grounding crap. He also needs help from his offensive coaching staff, which he got very little from today.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
It's about matchups between positional groups and motivation.

Sometimes teams match up better against certain teams.

That's why there is "parity" in the NFL.

Unless your team are the Browns then you may lose all your games.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Anyone blaming the inconsistency on injuries hasn't been watching the last several years. I really do think it's a Pete Carroll problem. This team has always dropped complete turds like this--from today to the Tampa game last year, and the disaster in Green Bay. Hell there was that game against Houston a few years back that we managed to win on a pick-six, but trailed early in our own house. And of course the rash of fourth quarter losses because of the "soft zone."

Losing stupid games is kinda Carroll's "Thing" in Seattle. Anyone who's been paying attention should have seen a loss coming from a mile away today, especially after leaving it all on the field to prove a point against Philly the week before. Hell, I predicted two weeks ago that we'd shock Philly then lose to the Jags. It's how we do. This board can sniff out trap games for a reason--we fall for them every time.

And yeah, yeah, say what you want about Jacksonville's defense, but this was a very winnable game. But no one loses winnable games like Pete and Co. We are consistently inconsistent.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":15f5z1wi said:
Grahamhawker":15f5z1wi said:
strohmin":15f5z1wi said:
Grahamhawker":15f5z1wi said:

Agree on most of that. Russ needs to get rid of the ball quicker on some plays, eliminate the stupid picks into double coverage. .....and he needs to stop with the intentional grounding crap. He also needs help from his offensive coaching staff, which he got very little from today.

he also needs a run game, wr that can get open, drops to stop, oline to stop with stupid penalties. Maybe if he got some hel he would not feel like he has to do everything and press so much. FYI the guy who is getting the mst of your ire is also the main reason we even have a chance, ove 82% of offensive yards, over 96% of offensive TDs. enough said.