The last timeout

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why Pete called a timeout after this play

[youtube]HqL3vFTtQQk[/youtube]

What does it benefit? If he doesn't challenge instead. Could have helped going the other way

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sparkchaser737":3s730wnm said:
I'm still trying to figure out why Pete called a timeout after this play

[youtube]HqL3vFTtQQk[/youtube]

What does it benefit? If he doesn't challenge instead. Could have helped going the other way

He wasted one after we scored a touchdown as well.

JimmyG

Reaction score
I think there were two reasons:

1. A lot of time you'll see coaches take a timeout like that to "encourage" the officials to review the play (it was inside two minutes, so PC didn't have the option of challenging). Sometimes teams will run up and get a play off before an opposing coach/the refs can review a play.

2. The clock was running when he caught the ball. If you look at the clip, you can see the clock moving; with 1:15 left, there were 38 seconds left on the play clock. Washington could've milked the clock down to ~37 seconds left before running a play. When we got the ball back at the end of the game, there were 59 seconds left on the clock. So you could argue that PC's timeout saved about 22 seconds on the clock.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I immediately figured he called the timeout for that exact reason. They may have not even looked at it had he not called timeout.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Still a joke they called that a catch imo. Ball goes through his hands tip hits the turf and it completely moves to a diff position on his chest. That there is the definition of trapping a ball with the help of the ground.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Latest posts