The loss to the Stealers was bad enough but.....

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
“Pete Carroll doesn’t want to win” .. doesn’t seem so far fetched with all the head scratching shit he’s been doing though either

The team feels like it’s in “maintenance mode” until Pete’s gone.
Separate from the fact that he is saying largely correct things, and I would agree with you -

**** Ben. ;)

cymatica

Reaction score
He's 100% right. As much as I don't like him, he knows the game and what good coaching looks like. Pete even doubled down on Brock and Sock and said kicking it out of bounds(because supposedly Meyers couldn't kick a touchback) didn't cross his mind and he thought it was a good decision to onside. He even said he wasn't worried about losing the timeout on that horrible challenge.

strohmin

Reaction score
He's 100% right. As much as I don't like him, he knows the game and what good coaching looks like. Pete even doubled down on Brock and Sock and said kicking it out of bounds(because supposedly Meyers couldn't kick a touchback) didn't cross his mind and he thought it was a good decision to onside. He even said he wasn't worried about losing the timeout on that horrible challenge.
Thats in game dumbass pete coaching for you. Pete is a pretty damn good coach when its not gameday, but he is the worst POS coach on gameday. Id take any average scrubbity mcdubbity doo off the street than pete on gameday

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

I dunno - there's more than a few things Pete's said lately that are just, you know, like whistling past the graveyard. Like dude, are you even in the same game we're watching?

This is the closest GIF I could find - and it has no graveyard motif - but it does just kinda 'sum it up' - doesn't it?

cymatica

Reaction score
I dunno - there's more than a few things Pete's said lately that are just, you know, like whistling past the graveyard. Like dude, are you even in the same game we're watching?

This is the closest GIF I could find - and it has no graveyard motif - but it does just kinda 'sum it up' - doesn't it?

View attachment 62973
If Rapistburger sees it, then so do our players.

GemCity

Reaction score
As much as I think this dude should be behind bars, sucking his wife’s (cell mate) payness, he’s not wrong.

Time for change.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Pete Carroll is finished. The league passed him by and left him holding a cool glass of lemonade

rjdriver

Reaction score
Pete's postgame presser and interview with Brock and Salk were absolutely cringeworthy. I literally had a hard time believing what I was hearing. He's had 5-7 years and great draft capital to build a team that's tough in the trenches and plays the type of "grind out wins" style that is his mantra. Instead he trades away picks for hyper expensive safeties and drafts WR's, RB's, and tweeners like Hall and Collier. This is his team and he's already hit the reset button with coordinators like four times. If he can't explain or is dumbfounded why his team plays soft and can't execute, then it's time to go. I'm sick of his vapid blank stare when things turn disastrous.

He's a God at SC and in Seattle for what he brought us a decade ago. It's time to leave and enjoy it.

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
He's had 5-7 years and great draft capital to build a team that's tough in the trenches and plays the type of "grind out wins" style that is his mantra. Instead he trades away picks for hyper expensive safeties and drafts WR's, RB's, and tweeners like Hall and Collier.
That's the key imo. The style he wants to play is at odds with the players he's acquired. He probably wants to build a foundation of blue chip players, but gets distracted by shiny toys he thinks he needs.

It's like saving money to replace the brakes on your truck and instead you install new speakers and replace 1 set of brakes. Yeah you can still drive down the road, but you're forced to pump the brakes and anticipate red lights.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Pete , because of the power he yields is able to mismanage this roster . His confidence that " he knows" just what this team needs and they're always just a player away from competing for championship opportunities.

He's the last one to know that he's being lapped by the hungry young minds of the NFC West. Let alone the rest of the league.

Enjoy your retirement Pete. Let John Schneider take it from here.

NoGain

Reaction score
Pete , because of the power he yields is able to mismanage this roster . His confidence that " he knows" just what this team needs and they're always just a player away from competing for championship opportunities.

He's the last one to know that he's being lapped by the hungry young minds of the NFC West. Let alone the rest of the league.

Enjoy your retirement Pete. Let John Schneider take it from here.
Even after some 6 years or so of below average drafts, the monumentally bad trade for Adams, the overpaying for middling players/FA's, the refusal to draft a potential QBOTF, the spending of our CAP on non-premium positions, the failure to build up our trenches, the Groundhog Day experience of year after year being a fringe playoff contender with little to no hope of being a true contender, etc.., I was STILL willing to give PC one more chance to get it right because of my respect for him as a coach and what he'd done for the franchise.

It even looked like for awhile that they were doing so with the last two drafts, and after pulling off one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history, moves which sure seemed to have the stamp of JS on them and not PC.

But that ship has officially sailed for me, as patient as I was willing to be with PC as a fan. This year was nothing short of an implosion of the PC way. The idea that we could end the season not being able to run the ball with efficiency after making the investments that we did towards that goal, and ending the season with an embarrassingly soft defense that ranked near the bottom of the league, was it for me. These were supposed to be the hallmarks of the PC way, a tough, hard-nosed running team with a defense that put the fear of God into its opponents.

I don't know how anyone can't see that it's time for a change, especially our present ownership group. Just look at our own division, let alone the rest of the NFL. The 9ers look like they'll be strong for a few more years, the Rams look like they're on the rise, and even the Cards were overachieving this year, and if they play their cards right with the draft capital they have are in a position to make big strides forward. On top of that, all these teams are led by "young hungry minds" as you mentioned that are prepared to run laps around PC in the coming years.

Good Lord! Please make a change ownership.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Even after some 6 years or so of below average drafts, the monumentally bad trade for Adams, the overpaying for middling players/FA's, the refusal to draft a potential QBOTF, the spending of our CAP on non-premium positions, the failure to build up our trenches, the Groundhog Day experience of year after year being a fringe playoff contender with little to no hope of being a true contender, etc.., I was STILL willing to give PC one more chance to get it right because of my respect for him as a coach and what he'd done for the franchise.

It even looked like for awhile that they were doing so with the last two drafts, and after pulling off one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history, moves which sure seemed to have the stamp of JS on them and not PC.

But that ship has officially sailed for me, as patient as I was willing to be with PC as a fan. This year was nothing short of an implosion of the PC way. The idea that we could end the season not being able to run the ball with efficiency after making the investments that we did towards that goal, and ending the season with an embarrassingly soft defense that ranked near the bottom of the league, was it for me. These were supposed to be the hallmarks of the PC way, a tough, hard-nosed running team with a defense that put the fear of God into its opponents.

I don't know how anyone can't see that it's time for a change, especially our present ownership group. Just look at our own division, let alone the rest of the NFL. The 9ers look like they'll be strong for a few more years, the Rams look like they're on the rise, and even the Cards were overachieving this year, and if they play their cards right with the draft capital they have are in a position to make big strides forward. On top of that, all these teams are led by "young hungry minds" as you mentioned that are prepared to run laps around PC in the coming years.

Good Lord! Please make a change ownership.
Excellent response.

I can't believe he took a jag defensive line Coach and promoted him to DC.
Normally a guy will separate himself with outstanding coaching to get the chance. Am I missing something?

Wow , Hurt really developed the guys on the line , made them better. He took them and made them a top 5 unit . He deserves a championship opportunity!!!

Latest posts