The OL Gettin' Some Love

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I totally agree. An especially impressive bit of coaching knowing there was a whole new and difficult blocking scheme being implemented at the same time. If one were to look through my post history they would see I'm an actual Andy Dickerson fan boy. As a former O Lineman and from the limited glimpses I've seen of him working with the group, I just love the way he teaches the game and relates to the players. He's got the sauce and I'm happy to see the results being reaped on game day.

One caveat to what Scout was saying: I think Austin Blythe has actually been a cheat code for Waldron and Dickerson at center, rather than another new player to coach up. It seems more to me that his years of playing all 3 interior positions for the Rams under Waldron and Dickerson as assistants are rendering Blythe as almost an in-game extension of the coaching staff. He's a non-stop communicator and teacher and is a strong leader who makes excellent line calls.

If yall have the time watch Austin Blythe's Mic'd Up segment from the Arizona game, I can't recommend it enough. I think you'll see the reason why he was the center chosen for this era of the retool.

Enjoyed that vid. Impressive center.

renofox

Reaction score
Great video on Blythe!

Dude seems to know his shit. He's coaching up the Oline duting the game and they're responding well.