The other Russell Wilson

themunn

Reaction score
Now wait a minute - we can't denounce the other QBs because of poor schedules when the playoff teams Wilson has played had no right sharing the field with him:

Washington, Atlanta, New Orleans, San Francisco, Denver, Carolina.

2 good defenses between them. I'm not ready to announce Wilson the king of all playoff quarterbacks just yet - there's a lot to be said about Brady having played in 27 playoff games with an almost 2-1 TD-INT ratio and 62.3% completion percentage on 1000 attempts. There are definitely a couple of really poor games in there, but I have nothing but the utmost respect for someone doing that for 15 years.

Manning? Maybe not so, but he doesn't have a single season where his playoff resume looks good - even in his superbowl year he threw 1 TD to 3 INTs in the wildcard game against the Chiefs, but Trent Green sucked just as much to help the Colts win.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":i2m7zqod said:

Bart Starr: Now we're talking Russell Wilson league.
C% (57.4/61.0)
TD% (4.8/7.0)......We have a new TD God. :bow:
INT% (4.4/1.4)
AYA (6.8/9.0)
ANYA (6.55/9.0)

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what Russell Wilson strives for after an entire career.........

If you saw Bart Starr play as I did, you aren't surprised by this.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Yet another reason I love .net. You simply cannot get stats/info like this from the media pundits. This. Is. Awesome.

Thanks Salish! :th2thumbs:

The Grouch

Reaction score
Reading this post forced my hand a bit... while reading about Super Bowl winning QB's I came to the realization that if... no, when our beloved Seahawks win the upcoming Super Bowl, Mr. Russell Wilson will become the 12th QB in the Super Bowl era to win multiple Super Bowls... And the other QB's left not named Russell Wilson are all wearing #12... RW's number is 3... (three in a row?)

Remember last year with all the # coincidences...? Could be fate.

Of course we need to get past GB first...

Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_qu ... owl_starts

:th2thumbs:

GFang

Reaction score
Super cool concept and informative study, Salish, thanks!! Appreciate the hard work compiling and presenting all this data for us. Especially helpful for those of us born in the mid-80's and only began following the sport when introduced first-hand to college football. Wilson's INT% and YPA in the playoffs are mindblowing...!

Last year after the Super Bowl, Russ stated he wants to be the greatest QB ever. Based on these stats, Russ means what he says, and he means business. :th2thumbs:

Seahawk

Reaction score
It struck me while reading this thread that there used to be this RGIII guy that was supposed to rule over Wilson in the QB race... I didn't see his name mentioned once, hahahahahaa.