The REAL reason Red Bryant was cut...

ZagHawk

Reaction score
We should rename ourselves to something else, the media will reference it every time, and then the Texas A&M 12th Man will WISH they were what we are.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Allen should sue and force A&M to use the term "12th Ma'am".

RedAlice

Reaction score
As Hawk fans, are you not proud and happy this has become what it is in the media?

seriouly, two or three years ago - no one knew about your team or cared about it. Now, not only is the team amazing, so are the FANS.

That has to be something. And, how would you change it from 12th man?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":2npgowk1 said:
As Hawk fans, are you not proud and happy this has become what it is in the media?

seriouly, two or three years ago - no one knew about your team or cared about it. Now, not only is the team amazing, so are the FANS.

1. Of course.
2. Get real. It will never happen.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3qtht1r9 said:
We should rename ourselves to something else, the media will reference it every time, and then the Texas A&M 12th Man will WISH they were what we are.

I think i was replying to this.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2h1lsg46 said:
I vote for "Bunnies" everyone loves bunnies/bunnys.;)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":3nn7qy12 said:

1. Of course.
2. Get real

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":26lpe2ny said:
ZagHawk":26lpe2ny said:

ok, that made me laugh.

and yes, i agree. you cannot not love bunnies.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if maybe there is a concerted effort to go away from the 12th man moniker towards twelves. I don't remember when I first heard we the fans mentioned as the "twelves", but in the last couple of years I believe I have been hearing it more from the players and coaches. I don't remember being referenced as a twelve in the past but I do remember lots of 12th man monikers. When a popular company is bought out by another company they will often combine the names for a transitional period in order for the public to get used to the new name. Much like KFC used to be Kentucky Fried Chicken. It's only and always called KFC now. I wonder if the powers that be and Paul Allen's marketing team have made the determination that "twelves" is just as effective and creates another unique niche for Seahawk fans. By coming to this decision they have possibly entered into a transition phase in enough time to render a renogotiation with TAM moot. when was the last time you heard Pete Carroll say 12th man? Seems to me that he consistently uses the phrase Twelves. We will always be the 12 man but for marketing purposes and legal issues we will be the "twelves".

JustTheTip

Reaction score
RedAlice":2ro4fho4 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2ro4fho4 said:
ZagHawk":2ro4fho4 said:

ok, that made me laugh.

and yes, i agree. you cannot not love bunnies.

Until your girl friend (now wife) had one that used the carpet in your apartment as both the lunch buffet and the toilet. Then you pretty much hate bunnies.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":n2ebtf1e said:
FFS..."12th man"? Appointing that name to the fan base of an 11 man football team wasn't exactly a stroke of genius. In fact, It's practically generic ...much in the way golf course bars are frequently dubbed The 19th hole.

Frikin' Aggies.

Pure genius! I'm going to trademark "19th Hole" and "The 19th Hole" and sue every single golf course in the world for trademark infringement! Dang, I wish I'd of thought of that 30 years ago. I imagine that the reason I didn't is because I'm not an aggie. :lol:

Lady Talon

Reaction score
There's basketball squads such as the USF Dons, whose fans, as well as their top bench warmer use a "6th Man" concept. A&M is missing out on suing every sport in the world for callously using the idea they think they invented.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":6ize871q said:
What is upsetting the most... is that ever since the 80's Seahawks fans have called themselves "the 12th man" back when some of you guys were blowing the roof off the Kingdome.

Texas A&M didn't say a peep until the Seahawks got National Attention in 2005.

They did the whole license agreement thing and for 8 years you don't hear a peep out of Texas A&M.

Then the Seahawks make the Superbowl... and all of a sudden they got a problem... Seahawks fans aren't stealing anything from you... for 20 years we didn't know about you and you didn't know about us... Seahawks fans have always prided themselves on making so much noise it affects the game... hence being nicknamed the 12th man.

Get over it. And quit trying to get sympathy for easy cash.

Exactly, how can we copy something we didn't even know about? There was no interwebs for me to google the history of the term.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Going forward, every time we score a TD, instantly turn and kiss your SO. Alert the nearest camera men that you are going to do so and tell him why. He will surely LOL and make sure it gets on television. I can hear the Aggies now...

"first they called themselves 12s...now they're kissing their dates...where will it end"?

ivotuk

Reaction score
If their 12th man actually represented something i might be interested. But unlike Seattle's 12th man, Texas A&M fans are anonymous. There are no Tim Froemkes or 12th Fan View. Where are their boosters? Where's the volume? Nowhere, so stfu because you're only making yourself look like whiners.

A word of advice to Texas a&m, become relevant before you start complaining about anything, because if you only bring something up when someone else is having success, everyone laughs and points. :snack:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Texas A&M fans are trying to be relevant....where were these people before the Seahawks fans made the 12th man famous? Probably in hiding. Now that it has all eyes upon it...they want their share. They may have created the 12th man, the Seahawk fans just made it Bigger, Faster, Louder.

dunceface

Reaction score
Pathetic.

Didn't Christine Michael say something to the effect of "wow this is the REAL 12th Man!" After his first preseason game at the clink? I think they quoted him in a .com article...

BlueBlood

Reaction score
FACT.

If you took a bullhorn and stood on any street corner in America and yelled "12th Man!!" nobody would think of Texas A&M.

:0190l: