The Redskins loss just might haunt us..

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":7k7fqbao said:
stizz19":7k7fqbao said:
The Skins at full strength is no easy task so at the beginning of the year I would not have put the Skins as a must win that we will lose. However the Titans game we should have won, I think that team is a farce.

I'd switch these around.

When we played the Titans they were at full strength at home with a healthy Mariotta.........and worse, something to prove against the bullies of the NFC coming into their house.

On the other hand, the Skins came limping into the Clink with their entire offensive line gone and other key injuries on defense. NO REASON to lose that game, other than like 20 penalties and a bunch of missed FG's.

And, y'know, having a highly underrated QB and the offensive line continuing to be the most overrated element of winning.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jerhawk":38up50fk said:
They control their own destiny at this point. Win the last four, everything else will fall into place
I really hate this phrase. Guess what? Every single one of the 32 NFL teams controls its own destiny from day one of the start of the season. Win out and you've got HFA. People say "they control their own destiny" as if it IS destiny that they'll win out and everything will be cupcakes and unicorns.

In any case...carry on.

AgentDib

Reaction score
By my estimation there have been 25 fairly large upsets this season so far. The Eagles-Redskins game is the 8th biggest and definitely a winnable game that got away from us. The Falcons (7-5) are the team that really has to be kicking themselves right now, as they have been on the wrong side of two of the top six, both at home in consecutive games (sandwiched around their bye) following a 3-0 start that had them in the top 3 of most power rankings.

Top 10 upsets so far this season:
#10. Week 4 Bears 23-17 OT over the Steelers (+7 pts)
#9. Week 5 Jaguars 30-9 over the Steelers in Pittsburgh (+7.5 pts)
#8. Week 9 Redskins 17-14 over the Seahawks in Centurylink (+8 pts)
#7. Week 1 Chiefs 42-27 over the Patriots in Foxborough (+8 pts)
#6. Week 4 Bills 23-17 over the Falcons in Atlanta (+8 pts)
#5. Week 12 Bills 16-20 over the Chiefs in Arrowhead (+8.5 pts)
#4. Week 4 Carolina 33-30 over the Patriots in Foxborough (+9 pts)
#3. Week 11 Giants 12-9 OT over the Chiefs in NY (+10 pts)
#2. Week 6 Giants 23-10 over the Broncos in Denver (+13.5 pts)
#1. Week 6 Dolphins 20-17 over the Falcons in Atlanta (+14 pts)

Week 14 features a lot of close games and so the only candidate to make the list this week is the Dolphins/Patriots game where the Patriots are favored by 11.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for the list Agent, it really puts into perspective some of the crazy games that have happened this season. As bad as it was for us to lose against the Redskins, at least they have a good QB. The Falcons lost to the freaking Dolphins with Jay Cutler. What's worse is that I think they had 17-0 lead at halftime or so. Pathetic. FTF

Crizilla

Reaction score
Redskins are decimated by injuries this year. They have star power. Beat both LA and Seattle this year.....seems like they've given up now though.

Seafan

Reaction score
Every loss counts. It's been the same story every year. The Hawks have done better on the road this year so perhaps they can do better in the playoffs this season without HFA.

original poster

Reaction score
There's always one of two games you lose that you should win. This year it was the Titans and the Redskins. Can't change it, let's just hope the team wins out so it won't matter.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, time to stop dwelling on the past. It's all about Sunday and these next 4 games. Nobody gave them a chance against the Eagles, look how that turned out.