The Seahawks have released Cliff Avril.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Cliff Avril will be missed. Great player and an even better guy.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man this sucks...........such a great players, leader and man for the team.

To think that his career has or could end based on a seemingly innocent looking play is tough to take.

original poster

Reaction score
Hell of a player on the field, an even better human off it.

Thank you, Cliff. Best of luck with your future.

original poster

Reaction score
Just to add the cap savings are $6,125,000.

It’s listed as $7,125,000 with most places however there was a injury settlement for $1,000,000.

toffee

Reaction score
In my ideal world, Avril made a full recovery and Earl got traded. Our lord again moved in mysterious ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanomoz

Reaction score
Such an irreplaceable professional. Godspeed, Cliff.

getnasty

Reaction score
Gonna be missed, i would love to see Cliff coaching on the Seahawks staff next year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He will be missed at every level. He was an excellent pass rusher and DE, a consummate pro, a team leader who lead by quiet example, and the finest man in terms of his constant charitable enterprises. He certainly leave a far bigger hole in the roster than Bennett did.

Such a sad state of affairs that a kick to the chin could screw up his neck so badly that he risks paralysis if the injury is aggravated. We all knew this bad news was coming but that knowledge doesn't take away any of the sting of his loss.

I am thankful PN'J were able to grab him away from the Lions and that he got to win a SB ring with the Hawks. Thanks for your service Cliff. Godspeed to all your efforts following football.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/BiXexOlBvRA/[/instagram]

Cliff Avril: Thank you 12s for making the last 5 years in Seattle so amazing! Your cheers on Sundays are unmatched, and you guys are by far the best fans in the NFL! Most importantly, I appreciate and value the lifelong friendships I’ve made. You all have supported my family, my foundation (the Cliff Avril Family Foundation), and I throughout my entire tenure, and I could not have asked for more! THANK YOU to the entire Seahawk organization as well as my teammates. You all made me a Pro Bowler and a Super Bowl Champ! I am forever grateful. THANK YOU!
#HAITIANCREATION

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Cliff was awesome. Shame it ended the way it did. He'll be missed.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great, great player for us. I assumed this would be the end of the road for him here in Seattle but it's still sad. I will always look back fondly over his career with us. Tremendous player and even better human being. The best of luck the rest of the way Cliff. See you down the road raising the flag.

kf3339

Reaction score
This was an expected move, but still eats your heart out. Cliff was a great player for the Hawks and played a significant part for this team. It will be sad not seeing him lining up for us, but appreciate the time we had him as a Seahawk.

God Bless Cliff! :irishdrinkers:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
jammerhawk":27g4zhqp said:
He will be missed at every level. He was an excellent pass rusher and DE, a consummate pro, a team leader who lead by quiet example, and the finest man in terms of his constant charitable enterprises. He certainly leave a far bigger hole in the roster than Bennett did.

Such a sad state of affairs that a kick to the chin could screw up his neck so badly that he risks paralysis if the injury is aggravated. We all knew this bad news was coming but that knowledge doesn't take away any of the sting of his loss.

I am thankful PN'J were able to grab him away from the Lions and that he got to win a SB ring with the Hawks. Thanks for your service Cliff. Godspeed to all your efforts following football.

:ditto:

It's a shame that this great man's career was ended by the back of Jacoby Brissett's shoe.

warden

Reaction score
I wanted to see him not play anymore. It is not that I didn’t love me him being a Seahawk, I just want him to be able that walk for r the rest of his life. He has given enough time his team, his fans and the game. Take care of yourself and enjoy the rest of your lunch life Cliff