The Seahawks should trade Russell Wilson for DeShaun Watson

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I like what RW has done and doubt this trade would ever happen but it should be considered.

1. The salary cap impact of RW is a little ridiculous. And I mean that for any player taking up that portion of a teams salary cap. There was no home town discount at all. It is a detriment to the team and, just a guess, may be one of the causes of the rumblings of a disconnect between the QB and some team mates.

2. RW was unique in using his legs which he either cannot or will not use much any more. He has lost a step but even so could really help loosen things up by running a couple of times earlier in the game but rarely does.

3. I don’t worry about the height issue but it may be one even more as his mobility goes down.

4. Again, PC wants a more run oriented offense so we don’t need a $35 million QB to hand it off.

Of course it’ll never happen. Even if it would the front office would waste the savings on crappy free agents and continue ignoring the o line.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Watson is a good player.

I would have taken Watson the last 8 regular season games than had Wilson but, the problem right now is with Carroll’s system, Carroll doesn’t know how to build a team with a 35M QB. Watson is also expensive. Carroll wouldn’t know how to build a great team with Watson and even sucks more play calling.

So the real answer is we need a rookie QB contract or an over the hill QB that doesn’t cost a lot.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Russ ran for 513 yards and 25 first downs with a 5.9 avg. I would say his legs are fine, personally I think he could run for a 1000yards if they still used actual QB run plays. Russ still has MVP caliber seasons ahead if the team can find a true offensive identity. Look at all the greats(Brady,Rodgers,Brees), they have had and are currently having fantastic seasons when many thought they were past their prime.

With a tandem like DK and Tyler the Hawks may be just scratching the surface of greatness...or they could fail. Winning is hard

Crizilla

Reaction score
Seahawks need help on defense. The Jets, Jags, and Raiders had a better pass defense than the Seahawks this year.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
If you think Watson could carry this team anywhere on the level of Wilson, you’re hilarious. Watson has not shown he can carry a bad O-line, weapons, and defense to a winning record. Wilson has. What we take for granted here is mind blowing

rcaido

Reaction score
Does Watson come with a bunch 1st round picks?

keasley45

Reaction score
Scorpion05":33ccgvzl said:
If you think Watson could carry this team anywhere on the level of Wilson, you’re hilarious. Watson has not shown he can carry a bad O-line, weapons, and defense to a winning record. Wilson has. What we take for granted here is mind blowing

Maybe Watson's failures are ALL the fault of his coaches. :sarcasm_off:

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm surprised that so many think Wilson is much better then Watson and i probably shouldn't be. I promise if the league re drafted today Watson would go before Wilson.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Watson is very underrated and the Texans are a complete mess. That said there's no way he ends up here.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
There's no way either team would make this trade

Much more likely for Watson to end up in Miami or Indy