The silence is deafening

jmahon316

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1088860995508989952[/tweet]

kobebryant

Reaction score
Best 26k he'll ever spend. A collection plate should go around the locker room.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
So Goodell and Al Riverton, Troy Vincent, and Rich McKay all had meetings with Payton and Gayle Benson to let them know that call should have been made, under the Radar conversations.

So what did they say and do about it, are those officials on Double Secret Probation now ?

Seems this may have been an attempt to shut them up before the Super Bowl, I wonder what kind of future assurances the Saint got considering they are not in the Super Bowl. People wonder about conspiracy theories and this covert type meeting or meetings sure add to those beliefs, if you want the league to have integrity and no question about competitive balance then you can't have secret meetings concerning issues of this nature, this is why Transparency with the regime of Goodell is an issue as well.

The fact these meetings happens lends credence to the issues all talked about in these threads.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ell-admits-error-to-sean-payton-gayle-benson/

knownone

Reaction score
It kind of makes sense why they would want to keep these conversations under wraps; the controversy diminishes the legitimacy of the Superbowl and they don't want that narrative hanging over there heads driving away fans before the game. The question is, as the thread title suggests, why haven't we heard from the NFL?

It's obvious the NFL could have avoided this by getting ahead of the story and just admitting they screwed up. They should have held a press conference on Monday and let Goddell get skewered with questions about potentially replaying the game or whatever, then the controversy is over with, at least to some extent. Yeah, the conspiracy theorists would continue to run with it but most people would have moved on... but this? I can't even comprehend what they are thinking at this point.

You've got a team in the Rams which have benefited from more 'luck' in one season than any team in recent memory, and they've just advanced to the Superbowl on the backs of one of the worst noncalls in NFL history. Yet, the NFL still hasn't given an official ruling on the play. Instead, we hear sourced reports saying the officials missed the call, and a Friday news dump, indicating a fine on the player who committed the foul. Something doesn't feel right here; maybe it's stupidity, maybe the NFL has reason to believe there was foul play involved, or maybe they've done something wrong and haven't figured out how to come out of it.

Whatever it is, they can't look much worse.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":j88p50zl said:
So Goodell and Al Riverton, Troy Vincent, and Rich McKay all had meetings with Payton and Gayle Benson to let them know that call should have been made, under the Radar conversations.

So what did they say and do about it, are those officials on Double Secret Probation now ?

Seems this may have been an attempt to shut them up before the Super Bowl, I wonder what kind of future assurances the Saint got considering they are not in the Super Bowl. People wonder about conspiracy theories and this covert type meeting or meetings sure add to those beliefs, if you want the league to have integrity and no question about competitive balance then you can't have secret meetings concerning issues of this nature, this is why Transparency with the regime of Goodell is an issue as well.

The fact these meetings happens lends credence to the issues all talked about in these threads.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ell-admits-error-to-sean-payton-gayle-benson/

They werent meetings though.

Payton called all of those people individually and finally got responses.

Yes they are trying to downplay it before the super bowl

Its a mistake, and why this may be the beginning of the end for Goodell

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2y01i1j8 said:
chris98251":2y01i1j8 said:

They werent meetings though.

Payton called all of those people individually and finally got responses.

Yes they are trying to downplay it before the super bowl

Its a mistake, and why this may be the beginning of the end for Goodell

I say meeting because you can have skype business calls now with multiples on the line of vids, but it could have been one on one which I doubt since thats a lot of people bouncing from call to call and then you have everyone having the same story about it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
What do you expect from a wimpy commissioner? Even if he opened his mouth he wasn't going to say the refs were in the wrong...he would have talked out the side of his mouth and defended that farce.

IMO, the officials for that game should have been instantly fired. That includes Al Riveron who is head instant replay ref in NY. I can see missing a call but that was an obvious PI penalty not to mention a helmet to helmet hit, and could have been called for face-guarding as well. Even in real time, Robey-Coleman was on the receiver well before the ball. It wasn't close and there was a ref right there watching it. Three blind mice would have thrown a flag...it was that clear of a penalty.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Meh. This year it’s the Rams, next year, or the year after, it will be the Raiders.

I won’t be renewing my Sunday Ticket subscription.

James in PA

Reaction score
It’s SB week. Still waiting, Rog. Still waiting. Do you have your script and generic, vague answers memorized yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DomeHawk

Excuse me if somebody has already posted this but BUT four referees that reside in the LA area?

WTF, how does this happen?

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":30kyhow9 said:
Excuse me if somebody has already posted this but BUT four referees that reside in the LA area?

WTF, how does this happen?

Well if they were all Pac 12 Officials before the NFL it would explain a lot.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It wasn't like I was planning to watch the Super Bowl this year anyway, since the wrong team was in it, but that last revelation about 4 referees being from the area they were making calls on and mysteriously missed a key call that would have closed the door on LA's chances?

Yeah, pretty much closed the door on me watching the Super Bowl this year for sure. It isn't as if the 2 best teams were competing anyway.

First, I question the professional integrity of the refs anyway but even if you acknowledge that might exist....that is a lot of 'human nature' to overcome if you are from an area you are trying to be impartial about. Even worse, if making that call has you having to live/work in that same region that you affected with the call.

Oversight + Control should have dictated that they remove conflicts of interest, backgrounds that might impact decisioning, and asking referees to work on games where their hometowns or areas of interest were related.

Then again, the NFL has been pushing the Rams toward the SB from the start. This was very likely not an accident, but an orchestrated effort.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow, there's something to be proud of. A blatant non-call that put your team in the Super Bowl. Congrats kid, you have taken stupid to a new level. Farce

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ox1qvp2 said:
Wow, there's something to be proud of. A blatant non-call that put your team in the Super Bowl. Congrats kid, you have taken stupid to a new level. Farce

Were you expecting more from a Nickellhead?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
"Sometimes we'd rather commit a game ending penalty than make a play on the ball"

Really hoping he gets that lesson

James in PA

Reaction score
Well, I see that the cowardly asshole “commissioner” finally spoke today on the non-call. Didn’t watch it, didn’t read the summary nor do I need to because I already know what he said. “We got it wrong, we’re sorry, we’re working on making it better, blah blah blah blah blah!” Gee thanks, Rog! Saints fans and NFL fans everywhere feel so much better now!

Sincerely,
No one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
What he said was officials are not Robots.

Yep it was a Steer.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This is a pretty simple concept....
MCNA212-BLACK-AT.jpg

Latest posts