The Spin Zone: Enter at your own risk.

jkitsune

Reaction score
rideaducati":1hm94a51 said:
peachesenregalia":1hm94a51 said:
Naw man, that Dodd guy on the D-line was awesome.

Dodd is not listed on any Seahawk roster. Dobbs is number 95 and plays on the D-line. A FA pick up that used to play for the whiners.

Dodd was such a BEAST this game. What a great pickup DeMarcus Dodd was!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Smellyman":3g3juidt said:
Wilson looked better from the pocket because there was a pocket. this was the best pass protection all year, which was impressive since it is a very talented DL. Okung may be back, he did great against Aldon Smith
Wow. Alldumb played? I didn't realize it since he was a non factor. I thought the league was going to be in some serious hurt once Alldumb came back..... At least according to the niner trolls here. 8)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Smellyman":3kog1xts said:
Wilson looked better from the pocket because there was a pocket. this was the best pass protection all year, which was impressive since it is a very talented DL. Okung may be back, he did great against Aldon Smith
Hehe! THANK YOU! I'm always amused how people treat QB Performance and play calling like they are independent from pass protection. Yeah, Wilson suddenly started understanding how to play behind center and work the middle of the field... riiiiiiiight!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":25voi4z5 said:
Smellyman":25voi4z5 said:
Wow. Alldumb played? I didn't realize it since he was a non factor. I thought the league was going to be in some serious hurt once Alldumb came back..... At least according to the niner trolls here. 8)
Haha! Okung was a big factor, but equally huge was LJP's pass pro and how he played together with his guards. He really worked their NT...

AgentDib

Reaction score
I love the improvement out of our D-Line as much as anybody, but I'm bad with fuzzy things and view it as a result of Wags/Kam being healthy rather than the motivational rah-rah we're all in the same boat hoopla. Every team has a few essential players that can't really be replaced by next man up and it looks like Wagner at least is on our version of the list and I'm sure he'll get an appropriately sized bump in salary this off-season. I also hope we draft better depth this off-season. We've got OLB covered in spades but effort isn't a substitute for talent at MLB.

I'm not sure we have had offensive problems this season so much as red-zone offensive problems, and I feel like those still persisted a bit. It sucks we can't punch it in on the ground and while Turbo and Cmike seemed to do well with a FB, 21 personnel still doesn't seem effective with Lynch. I agree that our TEs are probably our best hope here, or hoping our opponents let Russ scramble in. The Eagles run defense is in the middle of the league in pretty much every category and I would really like to see a Lynch TD next week.

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1oznk8dy said:
Smellyman":1oznk8dy said:
Hehe! THANK YOU! I'm always amused how people treat QB Performance and play calling like they are independent from pass protection. Yeah, Wilson suddenly started understanding how to play behind center and work the middle of the field... riiiiiiiight!
By the same token people around here ignore the fact that the QB play has a huge affect on pass protection. Russell Wilson has never done them any favors in that regard. Throughout his entire tenure as a Seahawk he has never had very good pocket presence, even during those spurts where the Seahawks offensive line played well. Another huge glaring weakness in his game was throwing to the middle of the field, he avoided that area of the field, almost as if it was radioactive like Fukushima.

Even though Wilson hasn't done himself many favors the last few weeks I begun seeing hints of improvement, even when the line wasn't it's greatest. He started stepping up in the pocket, something we have rarely seen from Wilson. His footwork became more settled, and he started using more subtle movements rather than his erratic movements in the pockets we're used to. He still has a lot of work to do in this regard but he is improving little by little.

Last, but not least he looked great on anticipation routes which have been conspicuously missing from the Seahawks playbook for quite some time.

As I said in my opening post, Wilson had his best night as a pure passer.

BASF

Reaction score
Spin, great post. I think that the point about Wilson avoiding the middle is more to do with Pete's philosophy than anything else. On defense we seem to funnel the offense into throwing into the middle more than anything else with the way we run our zones. It's like they know that most turnovers happen from the hits by middle linebackers and safeties in the middle of the field and Pete is paranoid about it offensively.

Also, it is all fun and games when clowns decide to screw up good posts that actually have real football discussion, but it has been wearing thin for a while now.

Rob12

Reaction score
kearly":xdzgm2g5 said:
The spin zone? This is genius.

Nice OP. Hope to see more.

Agreed. This was a great read. Thanks, Spin. Keep it coming.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Good Stuff. It seems the boys from Southern Alaska have awoken just at the right time to make a sweet arse run at the trophy again.

Next week is now so crucial because it sets in motion a bunch of tie breakers.

Go Hawks

JesterHawk

Reaction score
They know it's Dobbs. It's peaches for goodness sake. He's just trolling. Some body called him Dodd once and now it's a thing.