The weakest link

xray

Reaction score
To proceed and succeed , the QB can't be that weak link . It's no secret that about half the teams in the league , including the Hawks , want or need an upgrade @ the QB position asap . Most won't get the QB they want or need . Really good to elite QBs are rare and in most cases untouchable for most teams without top 5 draft picks or tons of $$ and/or trade capital to somehow poach a gr8 QB from another team . The latter , just doesn't seem to happen very often . So what is there to do ? " You can have the fastest horse in the race ; but to win , place or show , you need a gr8 jockey ". BTW... This is not meant to be another Geno thread .

Last edited:
OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
SF is in the SB with Purdy, who would be nothing special on any other team. A great supporting cast and play caller can negate the need for an all pro qb
Purdy is underestimated by most . He ranks an NFL high 63.2% completion rate of passes of 20 yards plus . He's right near the top as a long ball passer . 113.0 passer rating . 31 TDS 11 ints . 4280 yds . You're right...he obviously sucks . :)

cymatica

Reaction score
Purdy is underestimated by most . He ranks an NFL high 63.2% completion rate of passes of 20 yards plus . He's right near the top as a long ball passer . 113.0 passer rating . 31 TDS 11 ints . 4280 yds . You're right...he obviously sucks . :)
I didn't say he sucks, but go ahead and put words in my mouth.

How has he done against good defenses or when just one of his weapons is out? Not great. Most of the Green Bay and Lions games he was missing throws all over the field. The Lions game took some freakish plays by his receivers and a complete collapse by the Lions to pull that one out, he looked pretty bad most of that game.

You can list stats in a vacuum that don't tell the whole story all day, but it's pretty obvious he wouldn't be putting up those numbers without a top to bottom loaded roster and a top play caller. Hell, the 9ers made the SB with Jimmy G a few years back

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
I did not see cymatica say he sucks. Is it possible that you lack the mental capacity to respond to a difference of opinion with an intelligent argument and have created a strawman to argue against?

bigcc

Reaction score
I'm entirely in the draft qb cut geno camp, but....

Whoever we draft isn't going to be better than geno year one, nor is anyone we'd get in FA.

I'm not entirely opposed to one more year of geno and sit qb, but for year one geno comeback year is the best we might get.

That being said delete the thread this shit is garbage

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
I'm just curious about the near future at QB . I've said myself that Geno should stay " for now " . what's in the 1st round of the draft ? I have always believed that to go to the SB a team MUST have a top 5 defense and a top 10 QB , at least . I think the D will be fine right away ; but the QB situation must be resolved very soon . BTW...as stated , this is not another Geno thread , you guys made it that . :)

seahawks08

Reaction score
Purdy is not Mahomes and Mahomes is not Brady. Style and system matters but if you need to carry the team and go outside the box to pull off a win, Mahomes is better suited than Purdy.

chrispy

Reaction score
Weakest link on the 23-24 Seahawks was not Geno. He might not have been weakest 5 depending on how you carve the D up. MM can improve several wins if he solely concentrated D. So...who knows if Geno's back starting next year or not, but (to me) it's about the 10th most interesting aspect of this off season.