The XFL is coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris98251

Reaction score
So fans need to send a message to Vince, take the most botched call on a NFL Sunday and sacrifice the Official till the rules and officiating are fixed. Think it would be a great Halftime Show.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3lu5i5wj said:
Trrrroy":3lu5i5wj said:
Fans have no interest in a second league featuring lesser players. I see it failing just like the first time. The only way something like this has a chance to succeed is if it's an NFL sanctioned farm league, because that will actually interest NFL fans.. Of course that will never happen.

The NFL already has a farm league, it's called the NCAA............and it's free.

It used to be a farm league. Now it is a spread no-huddle flag football league and line play is suffering at the NFL level.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3vh9ur3h said:
I’m not a rasslin’ fan but I liked a lot what Vince had to say in his under 2 minute promo I saw on ESPN’s website.
Even if it ultimately fails, if the NFL sees something that really works they’ll probably copy it.

The NFL as it currently stands is broken, maybe a little competition will force and pressure them to fix some things they are currently reluctant to.

That's the best possible outcome because we all know that this actually sticking in any meaningful manner is slim.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3ol0gxjm said:
Krappernick will get to play again. Guessing he is the first player signed

Nope. No Krappernick. McMahon says he's not taking anybody who wants to push political agenda's. Also no Manziel. McMahon also said he's not taking anybody with a police record or whos even had incidents with the law, incuding all the way down to DUI's. Basically its going to be a bunch of church boys out there playing horrible football.

McMahon was asked by reporters specifically about Johnny Manziel, Colin Kaepernick and Tim Tebow playing in the XFL.
Manziel, the former Texas A&M quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner, had had some legal issues, but his only criminal issue ended in a plea deal that will ultimately result in a dismissal. Kaepernick started the NFL movement to protest during the national anthem, which would not be allowed in McMahon's league. McMahon skirted ther status of both of those players and only specifically referenced Tebow.
"You want someone who does not have any criminality associated whatsoever with them. Even if you have a DUI you will not play in the XFL," McMahon told reporters. "So that will probably eliminate some of them. Not all of them. If Tim Tebow wants to play, he can very well play."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2221 ... eturn-2020

If the over/under for successful seasons is set at 1, i'm taking the under.

mrblitz

Reaction score
they should have a fixed helmet so a player's head won't turn. have total protection from head injuries. then, have cameras all around the outside of the helmet, so the player can look at a bunch of miniature screens inside the helmet, to see what is around.

then, have 'michelin man' uniforms, like a bunch of puffy tires, inflated with helium so the players can jump higher.

there would be less injuries, but more speed.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Maybe it'll be an "unlimited league" where there is no drug testing and these dudes will be FREAK athletes.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":1rhiekk5 said:
"quite frankly we're going to give the game of football back to fans, "

I hope this means fans get to vote in real-time on whether that was a penalty.

Maxresdefault

kobebryant

Reaction score
Listening to that press conference it sounds like McMahon is making a league to appeal to the people in the comment sections of Kaepernick and Bennett articles.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3wd81fqc said:
Fans have no interest in a second league featuring lesser players. I see it failing just like the first time. The only way something like this has a chance to succeed is if it's an NFL sanctioned farm league, because that will actually interest NFL fans.. Of course that will never happen.

I disagree completely. 2020 is a long way away, *MOD EDIT, I personally welcome this. If nothing else, it will force the NFL to reconsider its *MOD EDIT* system of rules.

nanomoz

Reaction score
kobebryant":2nbvwhpi said:
Listening to that press conference it sounds like McMahon is making a league to appeal to the people in the comment sections of Kaepernick and Bennett articles.

In other words, the loyal, mouth-breathing readers of Pro Football Talk.

OP
OP
S

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":jrmxwnje said:

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

mrt144

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3vsk5nkw said:
Trrrroy":3vsk5nkw said:

I disagree completely. 2020 is a long way away, but after the politicized shit show the 2017-2018 season turned out to be, I personally welcome this. If nothing else, it will force the NFL to reconsider its deeply pussified system of rules.

I too hope for more Ricardo Lockettes in the XFL. Nothing will get my blood moving more than watching dudes break their necks when getting blind side blocked because it'll be the non-pussified league.

Status
Not open for further replies.