There Are No Great Teams In Our Way

keasley45

Reaction score
There are no great teams, but all of a sudden the NFC East is a little better than it was a few weeks ago. The Eagles present an unknown in Hurts that could ignite their team, even if only for a game, and throw our D off balance.

The Giants have literally been in every game they've played this season. they are scrappy and remind me of the early PC era Hawks teams. Finish around .500 and fight to the end, play it tight, never give up. They wont be an easy out.

And then there's the WFT. They are starting to catch their stride. Their defensive front it solid and Alex Smith isn't Steve Young, but he also doesnt make a ton of mistakes, is efficient, and keeps them competitive.

Dallas... meh. they dont scare me but they still have Cooper, Zeke, and if Dalton can catch a hot streak, they can put up some points.

Also, common thread between all three teams is that they have good coaching. I know, Mcarthy has raised a few eyebrows but i think when the dust settles, he will get the playting well... just maybe not consistently this year. And - they will ALL be jacked to kick our ass to make a statement.

Wouldnt be surprised if we drop one at all and dont necessarily come out with convincing wins

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Anything can happen in the NFL. The Hawks know this, and the league is full of teams who have a crap sammich at some point. It happens. But, the way Pete gets them ready one week at a time, I feel pretty confident in this team down the stretch. Plenty of work to do, and nothing is etched in stone. But I like our chances, and it's 2020, enjoying every minute of this season.

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks still have to play LA & SF again and those games will be very important . Those games are never a sure win every year .

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I'm close to being done with Goff. I'd like to see what McVay could do with another QB.

But for this year, that loss yesterday means we have to sweep the Cardinals, plain and simple, to have a shot at winning the NFC West. So this upcoming game is everything for the division. A loss to Arizona will relegate us to a wildcard.

Then our last four games are:

Patriots
Jets
@Seahawks
Cardinals

Since we have tiebreakers over both Chicago and Tampa, I think even 9-7 gets us into the playoffs.

So my thinking for the season will change based on the outcome:

Lose to Cards this week - wildcard

Lose to Patriots after that - we'd be 7-6 and in trouble of being caught by the Niners

Then we'd be 8-6 after playing the Jets

@Seattle - loss

If this were to play out, we'd be fighting with Chicago/SF/Minnesota - hopefully SF loses to the Cards and Seahawks, who don't seem to have issues with them like we do. That would put them out of it, hopefully.

My gut tells me that we win the next three though, and then we go into Seattle at 10-4 and that game ends up being for the division.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
idk, NO's is looking pretty damn great right now.

Stacked on both sides of the ball, and can still keep winning when their starting QB goes down? Definitely the class of the NFC right now.

GB also embarrassed the Bears last night in their most important game of the season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Saints are currently the team to beat in the NFC imo. These last 6 weeks are gonna' be a blast, and I suspect the seedings are going to change every week. Playoff Machine should be a blast in 2020.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":29qfnjg3 said:
Anything can happen in the NFL. The Hawks know this, and the league is full of teams who have a crap sammich at some point. It happens. But, the way Pete gets them ready one week at a time, I feel pretty confident in this team down the stretch. Plenty of work to do, and nothing is etched in stone. But I like our chances, and it's 2020, enjoying every minute of this season.

The NFC East has coaches playing for Jobs as well as players right now, they also see a chance at the playoffs as well from top to bottom I think as a division. Bad combination to go against since they are all in a nothing to lose situation.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And that artist formerly known as the name we won't mention team has one hell of a D Line.
That will be an interesting matchup at Washington.