There isn't a single starter on our team....

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I think we are set at OL, especially with Carp coming back, If McQ and Moffitt are backup ups that say a lot for our OL depth. I am also liking Sweezy and I think he will start at RG next year with Carp starting at LG.
Hill is getting old, Tru is done here.
Get a good WR, and TE, LB, and a DT.

A pass rushing DT will be the hardest to find.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1teb9qt7 said:
I think we are set at OL, especially with Carp coming back, If McQ and Moffitt are backup ups that say a lot for our OL depth. I am also liking Sweezy and I think he will start at RG next year with Carp starting at LG.
Hill is getting old, Tru is done here.
Get a good WR, and TE, LB, and a DT.

A pass rushing DT will be the hardest to find.

I'll take that TE from Stanford that I saw in the Rose Bowl!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Even with the Oline stabilizing, I would like to see one more high pick used on a quality lineman while we still have Cable around. Give him one more tool to build his squad and enhance from there. We need someone to also take something from Cable and learn from him because it won't be long before he is moving up the ladder. I want Cable here next year more than anything.

The only other hole I can think of is WR, big, fast playmaker. Our guys are really doing a GREAT job, but that is where we lack solid depth. Baldwin and Rice are going after everything and bringing in passes that Wilson is throwing towards the sideline. Just could use a little more security there.

Tate is also quite the little weapon and taking care of business.

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
I would love to see some improvement at the OLB (Leroy Hill), second TE (McCoy), another WR to add with (Rice, Tate, Baldwin), OL, and DL.

I said in another post, I would love see Jarvis Jones, out of the University of Georgia take Leroy Hill's spot at OLB. Jones is a stud and would make a great addition to our defense.

With all of the other positions, I'm sure PC and JS will make use of the draft picks to draft the best talent available.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Just think if a next year rookie is starting then he must be pretty good. With the amount of talent we have any rookie coming in and starting must be special. I cannot remember a time where we had so much talent. Maybe im a homer but I believe most of our backups would start on other teams. Lane would be the best corner on the Giants if he played. And he was 5th on our depth chart.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Without a doubt we will draft D-Lineman high. It is the one position where we need more and better depth. Jones and Branch are both free agents.

We need another LEO to develop behind Irvin. We need pass rushing D Tackles. We need depth for Red.

In the new, pass-happy, NFL, D-line is key as our 3rd down defensive line should basically be completely different than our 1st down defensive line.

I doubt we use a 1st round draft pick on WR while we have Rice and Tate. Although their numbers aren't prolific - they are among the most efficient receivers in the league. I agree more depth is key here. Expect a 2nd or third rounder on WR.

As for the rest - offensive line depth is always key as is depth at LB and safety. If Earl Thomas were to be injured - not sure what we would do.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
After watching Ertz the TE from Stanford yesterday, I would love to have him, but not necessarily for Miller. Would love to have Miller Ertz and McCoy as the trio of TE's.

Definitely need an upgrade for Leroy Hill. Smith might be the guy, but I still think the position can be improved in the draft.

Still could easily see upgrades thru the draft at RT and Guard and Penetrating DT (what's that, 3-Tech?).

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Expecting Ertz to be available when seahawks choose is hardly likely. Think Toilolo as more realistic. Miller is due six and a half million, without a contract restructure that is hard to swallow.

Atradees

Reaction score
I voted Giaco-meanie to the pro bowl twice. His game is still developing. Like his mean streak. He is a character.

Developing offensive line players seems to be long slow process. I see Moffitt and Carpenter eventually coming along.... maybe even Sweeney.
So I believe our next high round picks should be used shoring up the DL in some capacity. The giants have proved you can never have too many tweener
LB/DE players to rush the passer like one Bruce Irvin. This has the potential to immediately upgrade our dynasty. :icon_new: Branch and Mebane are real good
I also feel finding that rare franchise DT should be a priority.

What a nightmare the early part of the season was trying on those semi retired wide receivers. It cost us some continuity.
If there is a free agent I would be in favor of dumping Miller's huge deal and upgrading TE or wide receiver.
Tate, Baldwin, and Rice are great receivers and catch everything thrown their way. I might add I really like them.

RB we are set.

QB set.

CB set.

Safety we are set. Really like Johnson the back up as well.

Linebacker? We develop unknowns so I wont sweat it.

Basis4day

Reaction score
themunn":1dilg4wz said:
I'd like to see us replace Miller. I know what you're thinking "he's a great blocker, and good receiver too", and I agree with those things, but he has a 34m deal, and for that amount, I need him to be a consistent weapon in the offense, right now he's just not that, and I think we can find a rookie to do those things, I'd argue that McCoy had bigger production considering his reduced playing time (300 yards to Miller's 400, though both had 3 TDs), and if we could dump Miller's contract and replace him with a cheap rookie, we'd be free to chase the top DTs in FA

Miller's production has nothing to do with his ability and everything to do with the way the coaches are asking him to play. A different tight end isn't going to magically turn into a TD pass catching machine.

Latest posts