Third place by the end of the weekend!

PhxPhin

Reaction score
The 2nd rams game was a terrible miss.

Still a really good chance to make the playoffs, fwiw.

The NFC looks to be a top 2 team situation now.

Detroit and Dallas are safe and outside shots, but could also lose to anyone in they playoffs and I don't see them going on that multi-game run against good teams

After that..... 3 of these teams will make the playoffs - one will definitely be Atl / NO / TB. Then 2 of the non division winners from there along with Seattle, LA, MN & GB

There are no absolute locks in that group, week to week consistent and strong teams without glaring flaws

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The 2nd rams game was a terrible miss.

Still a really good chance to make the playoffs, fwiw.

The NFC looks to be a top 2 team situation now.

Detroit and Dallas are safe and outside shots, but could also lose to anyone in they playoffs and I don't see them going on that multi-game run against good teams

After that..... 3 of these teams will make the playoffs - one will definitely be Atl / NO / TB. Then 2 of the non division winners from there along with Seattle, LA, MN & GB

There are no absolute locks in that group, week to week consistent and strong teams without glaring flaws
No playoffs for us. We'll be out when the Rams take 2nd, and we don't have the team to dig out. Our season is done, all but a bow put on it...

The ONLY possible way is for basically everyone else to lose out, since we can count on a maximum of 2 more wins. If we get in we back in, and get bounced in humiliating fashion, so why bother? Better to just get a better draft pick (which Pete will blow on a player we don't need)...

PhxPhin

Reaction score
No playoffs for us. We'll be out when the Rams take 2nd, and we don't have the team to dig out. Our season is done, all but a bow put on it...

Yeah - not buying it at all.

Who is going to bury them completely out of contention in that pack?

Fans of every single one of those teams could say the same thing

A lot of these teams are going to play each other as well.

I think the bottom half of the NFC playoff picture is going to look pretty rough

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Yeah - not buying it at all.

Who is going to bury them completely out of contention in that pack?

Fans of every single one of those teams could say the same thing

A lot of these teams are going to play each other as well.

I think the bottom half of the NFC playoff picture is going to look pretty rough
The Rams, Vikings, maybe Saints and or Falcons...

Hell the way the Giants are playing, it's mathematically possible they beat us out for it...

I realize the NFC isn't great, but with our D, two more wins is being dangerously optimistic as is. There's a great chance the Rams and Vikings beat us out. I've watched them play, we couldn't beat either team...

I'd bet right now, no way in hell the Seahawks make the playoffs, and even if we do, no chance we win a game.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
TBH, I think the Bears could beat us. Not a sure thing, but a better than 50% shot at it. We can't contain mobile QBs. Never could even when we weren't a crappy team like we are now...

Chapow

Reaction score
@PhxPhin is right.

There are maybe 4 good teams in the NFC. Everyone else is somewhere in that bad to mediocre range. There are 7 playoff spots. At least 2-3 mediocre teams are going to make the playoffs. Seems unlikely right now, but it's entirely possible the Seahawks are one of those teams.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
@PhxPhin is right.

There are maybe 4 good teams in the NFC. Everyone else is somewhere in that bad to mediocre range. There are 7 playoff spots. At least 2-3 mediocre teams are going to make the playoffs. Seems unlikely right now, but it's entirely possible the Seahawks are one of those teams.
So we can lose and go home?

I can get with it, one more game to watch, one more time to get my hopes and dreams crushed...

Sucks cuz I really didn't get to watch 2013. I saw maybe two games, and the owl.

I did watch all of 2005, to see us get cheated out of it all.

I'd love to actually get to watch my team succeed once a full year before I die. Not likely to happen though. I suppose out next superb owl will probably be around 2050, statistically that's about right...

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The really amazing part, it's possible, by the end of the weekend we will be the 10th seed. Almost guaranteed to be knocked out of the picture by the end of the weekend. Good going Pete!

James in PA

Reaction score
Pete has no answer for McVay and Donald. EVER! That 2nd Rams loss derailed our season.

James in PA

Reaction score
That's why we miss the playoffs, we can't beat anyone in our division except AZ, and it's likely we can't even do that twice...
The Rams have always been a problem, but at least we used to be able to beat the Niners. Nope not anymore. That ship has sailed. Pete is just getting out coached left and right now. He can't keep up.

PhxPhin

Reaction score
The Rams have always been a problem, but at least we used to be able to beat the Niners. Nope not anymore. That ship has sailed. Pete is just getting out coached left and right now. He can't keep up.
Not always - there was a stretch where Seattle took like 18 of 20 against them ...... But they do tend to be thorny and obnoxious at the worst times, including a couple playoff wins in Seattle over the years