This can now be put to Rest

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33gvvxsu said:
volsunghawk":33gvvxsu said:
Sgt. Largent":33gvvxsu said:
volsunghawk":33gvvxsu said:
Honestly, as long as Michael is healthy and is doing what is asked of him in practice, I expect to see him spell Lynch a bit more this year, both to see what he's capable of and to keep Lynch healthier and fresher for the playoff run. Thus far, Michael hasn't been healthy, but we do know that the coaches were talking him up some in training camp. So I'm hopeful that we'll get to see him in real game situations a bit more, if for no other reason than to give Lynch a rest from time to time.

I'd like to believe you, cause we really need to see more of Michael to make sure he really is the back of the future. But I just don't see it, he's still #3 on the depth chart........so like I said unless it's a blowout Lynch is going to get 90% of the carries with Turbin getting a series or two per game.

On Championship caliber teams there's just no room to experiment or develop guys, it's who gives you the best chance to win period.......and Pete knows that's Marshawn by a mile.

I completely disagree that there's no room to experiment or develop guys on championship caliber teams. On the contrary, that's how championship caliber teams REMAIN championship caliber teams. Otherwise, they just get old.

Then why doesn't Michael have more than 18 snaps in his entire NFL career?

Pete develops his players in practice, and then best man wins. So sorry, there is no game experimentation unless that player has proven it in practice first.......and Michael hasn't done that.

Because he was a rookie last year and his pass blocking wasn't up to snuff, and he's been injured this year? This isn't all that difficult to ascertain. :|

Laloosh

Reaction score
Question: Do you guys think we take another RB in one of the first 3 rounds next year?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1mm9y6ff said:
volsunghawk":1mm9y6ff said:
Honestly, as long as Michael is healthy and is doing what is asked of him in practice, I expect to see him spell Lynch a bit more this year, both to see what he's capable of and to keep Lynch healthier and fresher for the playoff run. Thus far, Michael hasn't been healthy, but we do know that the coaches were talking him up some in training camp. So I'm hopeful that we'll get to see him in real game situations a bit more, if for no other reason than to give Lynch a rest from time to time.

I'd like to believe you, cause we really need to see more of Michael to make sure he really is the back of the future. But I just don't see it, he's still #3 on the depth chart........so like I said unless it's a blowout Lynch is going to get 90% of the carries with Turbin getting a series or two per game.

On Championship caliber teams there's just no room to experiment or develop guys, it's who gives you the best chance to win period.......and Pete knows that's Marshawn by a mile.

If this was true we wouldn't see Lockette, Walters or Richardson out there on offense as often as we do, if at all. The only way Michael doesn't eventually contribute is if he's unhealthy or if the staff believes he's not good enough to put out there.

We know what we have in Turbin and he's just not good enough. We need somebody who can take 6-10 carries and actually do something with them. Hopefully Michael is the guy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":aqxoji1g said:
Because he was a rookie last year and his pass blocking wasn't up to snuff, and he's been injured this year? This isn't all that difficult to ascertain. :|

We can revisit this conversation in week 12 when Michael is perfectly healthy and still only has 10-15 carries.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jqbq6qq said:
volsunghawk":2jqbq6qq said:

We can revisit this conversation in week 12 when Michael is perfectly healthy and still only has 10-15 carries.

Hey, since you can predict the future, can you tell us what Seattle's record will be? :mrgreen:

Clayfighter

Reaction score
Laloosh":28zlbkne said:
Question: Do you guys think we take another RB in one of the first 3 rounds next year?

I kind of hope we do. I am excited for CM and want to see him and the team succeed, but I also know this is a run first team and you need a stable of competing backs.

Side note: has anyone ever seen Turbin make a cut? I always see him shoot like a bottle rocket in a straight line.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3afrp2cm said:
volsunghawk":3afrp2cm said:

I'm trying to figure out what your point is. Is it that Michael just isn't good enough? Or is it that he is good enough but our coaching staff is just unwilling to let him contribute? Honestly asking.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1xrqh6jg said:
Sgt. Largent":1xrqh6jg said:
volsunghawk":1xrqh6jg said:

I'm trying to figure out what your point is. Is it that Michael just isn't good enough? Or is it that he is good enough but our coaching staff is just unwilling to let him contribute? Honestly asking.

You told me that Michael should get more reps when healthy and that Pete is OK with experimenting in games, and I'm saying that as long as Lynch and Turbin remain healthy Michael ISN'T going to get more carries as Bevell tried to tell us back in May or June.

Is he good enough? Don't know, and IMO we're not going to get that answer until he goes elsewhere or we don't resign Lynch and he finally gets his shot.

One series per game ins't going to be a big enough sample size to make that call.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
So you're saying that the coaching staff still believes that Turbin is the better/more reliable #2 back. That's fine. Just wanted some clarification.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I would like them to get C.M. into the games a bit. They are giving Turdbin plenty of chances and frankly, he is NOT making the most of them hence my new nickname. Hell, he almost got RW killed with that crap block.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I may be of the minority, but all the "we'll be just fine w/out Lynch" talk was ridiculous. Running back by committee? Um, no, a few carries for Turbin and CM sure, but this team is all about Lynch and his style. The identity of this team is toughness, and those two will never be near the level of beast mode.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
drdiags":60mlb7hf said:
I just wonder about his back issues. Even the baddest, toughest of them all have to cede to father time. Until robots replace humans, just no way to expect the player not to succumb to the physical brutality of the game.
Robots explode. Remember the old 1990's arcade game Cyber ball?
Robots playing football. It was a cool game.

kearly

Reaction score
Lynch feels like an exception to the rule the way that Wilson does. My only questions are his back health and his desire, but if those things hold up I think he's got several years left.

I hope the team takes a wait and see approach on Lynch instead of ditching him early because of an assumed timeline.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CANHawk":1uvc3y8e said:
Curtis martin had his best season ever At 32 iirc

I think most of us think Lynch is the exception and can be a fantastic back into his 30's. It's the cap that's the problem here, not sure we can fit the big extension he'll be looking for next off season into Pete and John's long range cap projections.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
If only we had a TJ! level backup (that is, top 5 backup/borderline starter) who could come in and spell Lynch for 8-10 plays a game and actually make a moderate contribution. Who could be counted on to contribute positively. Turbin obviously isn't that guy. He's just not a difference maker. I'd love to see CMike become that dude but I'm not holding my breath.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I know Zeb, we have been hyped up on backups around here for years.

I think we're spoiled in the PC/JS years around here.

C.M. APPEARS to us to be very talented, but after well over a year we still don't know what we have with him.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Once Michael is fully back from his hamstring injury, I would like to see him used more. He gives them another dynamic threat in space. Getting both Michael and Lynch on the field at the same time would also be awesome.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Life ater Shawn would be ok if Seattle dan snag Gurley and a monster OL in the next draft. Upgrade Turbin aswell, he's good but he seems to have peaked.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Clayfighter":puxnop58 said:
Laloosh":puxnop58 said:

I kind of hope we do. I am excited for CM and want to see him and the team succeed, but I also know this is a run first team and you need a stable of competing backs.

Side note: has anyone ever seen Turbin make a cut? I always see him shoot like a bottle rocket in a straight line.

Where are you seeing a stable of competing backs?

Marshawn, Turbin, CMike, Coleman at FB, and Bronson on the PS. Don't see where Shawn's getting much competition...

Turbin has shown zero ability to cut at all. His biceps and shoulder are apparently his only "cut" feature.

If the Hawks find CMike worth keeping, I'd think he has to get the ball in a game sitch sooner or later- I'd like to see it sooner, personally. I'm sure the coaches have reasons beyond what we can speculate.

Latest posts