This Needs To Be Said

Mick063

Reaction score
.net Hall of Fame post.

Hang Pandion's jersey in the rafters.

Rarely do I see insight that makes me pause and ponder like that.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":37jb7g24 said:
The only people I know who feel entitled and unappreciative are the fans that jumped on the bandwagon around December 20th of last year.......and I don't even consider those people fans.

Most of us have been around long enough to know we've got a hell of a good thing going right now.

I still vividly remember a game in 2009 on the road against the Colts where Manning just DESTROYED our pathetic finesse soft ass defense and being so damn frustrated I could barely contain my anger. Thinking I'd NEVER see the day when we had one of those nasty defenses like I was so jealous of when I'd watch other teams like the Ravens or Steelers.

I ain't EVER gonna take this team for granted, and especially this defense. I thank baby Jesus every single night that I get to call this defense mine.

Holy crap exactly this. I've begged for a defense like this my entire Hawk fandom.

I miss Rusty "Mad Dog" Tillman. I can't believe he didn't get another DC gig somewhere. The short time he had our defense it was pretty epic. I also loved the Hawks defenses of the mid 80's where we intercepted freaking everything.

Kenny Easley was my all time favorite Hawk. Lynch and Kam have now tied him. Hell, I fought for #45 in high school. Didn't get it so had to go with #46

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rideaducati":p071g251 said:
hawksfansinceday1":p071g251 said:
GREAT post!!

Will someone please point Marvin49 in the direction of this post. If you know what I'm talking about, you know why I said that.

It's no use. He'll spin that the niners losses were SOOOOOO much more important than the Seahawks losses. Plus, once the niners get all those old injured players back, they'll be awesome once again.. until Baalke's picks are once again forced to play.
He already did in the NFL Forum on the "Congrats" thread, Not a huge surprise, obviously.

kearly":p071g251 said:
This is my 25th season as a Seahawks fan, and I honestly can't remember any previous Seahawks team overcoming more adversity. The mental toughness aspect of this team is quietly its biggest strength. Pete and Russ are a big part of that.
Agree completely. Good point man.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Who are these ... "Seahawks" you speak of... a girls cricket team or somethin'?

Okay... I'll be Sea-ree-us now.

Great post!!

uncle fester

Reaction score
Totally agree with the OP.

Had to remind a couple of friends of mine of much of what Pandion's saying here, during the early part of the Eagles game. They were losing their minds over giving up the occasional first down or big play.

At one point I said "Think back to the Jim Mora year. Now look at this defense. We're now expecting too much".

Handily, the defense then went and stomped all over Philly, to underline the point.

capncrunch

Reaction score
uncle fester":701gv849 said:
Totally agree with the OP.

Had to remind a couple of friends of mine of much of what Pandion's saying here, during the early part of the Eagles game. They were losing their minds over giving up the occasional first down or big play.

At one point I said "Think back to the Jim Mora year. Now look at this defense. We're now expecting too much".

Handily, the defense then went and stomped all over Philly, to underline the point.

Ohhh man. The Jim Mora year and his fruitless search for dirtbags. I remember watching the Raiders roll over us on Halloween. I think that was the Mora season. Oh man. Yes. This is a great team to root for. All hail the OP. That is an awesome post.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
True that.

I posted something similar during last years run. To Enjoy this. Because its not easy to get to and its hard to maintain.

I am 31, my first memories of really paying attention to football were when I was around 9 or so. I remember the Rick Mirer days, the Friesz days, the warren moon days. This team is so much better then anything we've ever seen.

But also, this organization expects this. JS and PC expect this type of performance moving forward. I just hope were able to keep it going this year and years in the future.

seahawksny

Reaction score
well said
we would have given our right arms for the last three years when road games at Phi, SF, or just about anywhere were automatic losses. AND BAD too

pmedic920

Reaction score
Great perspective.
Funny how some things look so different when you take a step back to change your view point.
Makes you wonder what we have been bitching about.
:{)