This play was infurating

IrishNW

Reaction score
Anthony!":24ayfij4 said:
IrishNW":24ayfij4 said:
Its plays like this that might keep RW from becoming a true elite QB. He just stares down Baldwin until he gets sacked.

you mean for the 1.9 seconds before he got hit, LOL okay whatever you say

literally has nothing to do with it. All Wilson has to do is change Locketts route, snap the ball and throw it to him. He gets the first down easy.

Anthony!

Reaction score
IrishNW":1rsmzty8 said:
Anthony!":1rsmzty8 said:
IrishNW":1rsmzty8 said:
Its plays like this that might keep RW from becoming a true elite QB. He just stares down Baldwin until he gets sacked.

literally has nothing to do with it. All Wilson has to do is change Locketts route, snap the ball and throw it to him. He gets the first down easy.

So says you, since you really cant say for sure all we can say for a fact is the oline did not do its job. Now of course if you can 100% prove that would have worked maybe, but you cant be sure at all, you can only guess. All we do know is the Oline did not do its job on that play. But thanks for the fantasy

IrishNW

Reaction score
Anthony!":21mn167r said:
IrishNW":21mn167r said:
Anthony!":21mn167r said:
IrishNW":21mn167r said:

So says you, since you really cant say for sure all we can say for a fact is the oline did not do its job. Now of course if you can 100% prove that would have worked maybe, but you cant be sure at all, you can only guess. All we do know is the Oline did not do its job on that play. But thanks for the fantasy

Here I drew it up for you so you could understand it better. I tried to get as many details as possible but my drawing skills are a bit rusty.

https://imgur.com/a/aGcMH

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I think some of you are really overthinking this. I think their endless optimism made them believe that they'd easily convert. And I think Russ knew that a savvy CB like Ramsey may transition into press coverage if he changes the play at the line.

If anything, Russ and his receivers need more subtle code language on the line. A tap on the right thigh, something that says "Do a hitch route instead." Brady does that but you all need to understand Brady has had chemistry with some of his receivers for a LONGGG time and he's had a very long relationship with McDaniels. Russ is still a young QB who may not have all the leeway yet

StoneCold

Reaction score
Would love to see some video of this play. From the alignment it sure looks like an easy first down. Any have access to it?

Anthony!

Reaction score
IrishNW":3sikl2do said:
Anthony!":3sikl2do said:
IrishNW":3sikl2do said:
Anthony!":3sikl2do said:

Here I drew it up for you so you could understand it better. I tried to get as many details as possible but my drawing skills are a bit rusty.

https://imgur.com/a/aGcMH

Great except I understand what you are saying, however, I also understand audibling the play at the line also usually makes the defense change so there is no guarantee they would not have adjusted and taken that away, And again 'IF THE OLINE DOES ITS JOB" it does not matter. It amazes me people are not upset the oline failed but that we did not audible to a play that may not have even worked.

So to make is easier

You guys are not upset the oline failed but that we did not audible to a play that may not have worked. LOL stretch much

Anthony!

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1rc861k1 said:
I think some of you are really overthinking this. I think their endless optimism made them believe that they'd easily convert. And I think Russ knew that a savvy CB like Ramsey may transition into press coverage if he changes the play at the line.

If anything, Russ and his receivers need more subtle code language on the line. A tap on the right thigh, something that says "Do a hitch route instead." Brady does that but you all need to understand Brady has had chemistry with some of his receivers for a LONGGG time and he's had a very long relationship with McDaniels. Russ is still a young QB who may not have all the leeway yet

the point is if you watch the play is if the oline doe sits job Lockett is open going over the middle, Richardson may be open, and DB. But because the oline did not do its job it failed.

I mean the people upset about whether or not an audible would have worked while ignoring the fact the oline failed is laughable.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
Dude, the OL was going to have plays like this against the best pass rush in the league. We get it, Malik Jackson, who earns around 15M a year as a top interior DL, beat the crap out of Pocic. That's why you take the quick throws to mitigate the pressure.