This says it ALL.....

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I"m certainly no expert on blocking or anything about blocking, but, just how is a blocker suppose to block if he's going backwards and has no leverage to setup the block of the said would be rusher? They just look so unbalanced, that a small child could just tip them over.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1r0oxqhm said:
Hawk_Nation":1r0oxqhm said:
brimsalabim":1r0oxqhm said:
and Jimmy not only got out of the way of the pass rush he also helped direct the DT to Russell.

We need to hear Pete and Tom Cable's reactions to these photo's.

Pete just called this very play on Brock and Salk

Are they going to trade him, or just throw a bunch of money at a receiving tight end who can't block?

I don't think Graham was ever here to block, would be nice, but why count on it?

Foghawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2jowatsw said:
Jerhawk":2jowatsw said:
Hawk_Nation":2jowatsw said:
brimsalabim":2jowatsw said:
and Jimmy not only got out of the way of the pass rush he also helped direct the DT to Russell.

We need to hear Pete and Tom Cable's reactions to these photo's.

Pete just called this very play on Brock and Salk

Are they going to trade him, or just throw a bunch of money at a receiving tight end who can't block?

I don't think Graham was ever here to block, would be nice, but why count on it?

If he isn't going to block when its required due to our poor OL play, then the coaching staff should put a TE in who will IMO. Hate to see a talent like him on the sideline but you got to protect the QB.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/907295250837905408[/tweet]

I dont know whether to laugh at this or cry.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
pmedic920":ar8etjqn said:
If a picture is worth a 1000 words.

1ee028123706e0578a75a5cf4fdc3150

We will win plenty of games.
I still predict 12-4 or 11-5 but we won't do anything in the playoffs if we don't fix this.

It's horse that's been beat to death around here but this picture graphically depicts just how bad things are.

IMO it's scary bad.
YMMV

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say our run game is gonna be non existent... boy oh boy this is some of the most savage blocking and pass pro iv ever seen.... god speed russ :34853_doh:

Foghawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":nmulveyb said:

Pathetic. :|

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly why I can't look at completion percentage one bit w/this team. He's throwing it away all the time.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":18htqzr3 said:

Baldinger got it right. Joke needs to released today. There has to be something better out there. Our qb is turning into Davis carr in a hurry...

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Comes down to zone blocking vs man blocking with adjustments. From what I understand of Cables scheme, the linemen have lanes they are responsible for. 3 years now with so far no improvement and arguably regression. How about we change a coaching philosophy that is clearly not working.

We don't have the best personnel, and Bevells ludicrous long developing plays with no hot routes dink and dunk passing, around the edge rushing etc is putting twice the pressure on the line.

3 issues we have with protection:
1.)poor blocking scheme
2.)Zero compensation with offensive strategy
3.)sub par personnel

The FO could fix 1 & 2 if it had the balls, but we are limited on 3 due to cap and lack of quality lineman available. Our philosophy of defense first and keep the core players in O & D together is a good one, but you then have to make the adjustments for a sub par line.

Cable and Bev have shown they refuse to do this.

Let them go, can't really get worse playcalls or OL play than we have now.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
johnnyfever":20q6mb15 said:
Comes down to zone blocking vs man blocking with adjustments. From what I understand of Cables scheme, the linemen have lanes they are responsible for. 3 years now with so far no improvement and arguably regression. How about we change a coaching philosophy that is clearly not working.

We don't have the best personnel, and Bevells ludicrous long developing plays with no hot routes dink and dunk passing, around the edge rushing etc is putting twice the pressure on the line.

1.)poor blocking scheme
3.)sub par personnel

The FO could fix 1 & 2 if it had the balls, but we are limited on 3 due to cap and lack of quality lineman available. Our philosophy of defense first and keep the core players in O & D together is a good one, but you then have to make the adjustments for a sub par line.

I gotta say I completely agree, iv had enough of Bevell and his insanely long developing plays and or ridiculous bubble screens.

RCATES

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1ec3qsf2 said:

This is 100% on PC and his stubborness to not get rid of Cable and start putting resources into the O-Line. Its a utter joke what has become of this offense and how bad it is because of poor line play. I'm done listening to PC and Cable telling us it will be better. The results speak for themselves. Another year wasted of RW's career and having an elite defense.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2sw8ate1 said:

lol in the comment section someone shows the next play in which Graham totally whiffs on his chip block and Wilson gets sacked. Rusher went by both Graham and LT. Someone in chat commented after that play how we should chip with TEs and I responded with...we just did and the rusher sacked wilson lol

razor150

Reaction score
When we re-signed Wilson I was of the mind that we paid too much, but with this type of o-line we consistently put out there I think we may be paying him too little. He isn't going to have a long career when the Seahawks put that garbage in front of him.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
johnnyfever":9zyrccos said:

I get physically ill when I watch that kind of "offensive" performance. There has to be a serious conversation today in the clubhouse. Pete and John need to have a "man to man" talk with every player there.

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
johnnyfever":njm9kmri said:

1.)poor blocking scheme
3.)sub par personnel

Completely agree, one thing I never understood is why we don't go for 5 yd routes or quick slants. We either throw it behind the line in bubble screens or wait for a long play. Drives you insane.

Short passes would help this offense immensely in forcing the defense to be honest and back off. RIght now there stacking the box with 8/9 and are challenging us to do something yet Bevell calls the same long routes.

Time to drink lol

jon70

Reaction score
pmedic920":35e1pyur said:
If a picture is worth a 1000 words.

1ee028123706e0578a75a5cf4fdc3150

We will win plenty of games.
I still predict 12-4 or 11-5 but we won't do anything in the playoffs if we don't fix this.

It's horse that's been beat to death around here but this picture graphically depicts just how bad things are.

IMO it's scary bad.
YMMV

It's obvious, when Russ throws a pass and completes it the D -line is already out of the play. :mrgreen:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Seymour":30fpp23l said:
We already have a thread with the exact same photo.

See caption this.....
We have threads with similar photos after almost every game for the last three seasons at least. When will Pete wake up and address the offensive line?