This team isn't going to make the playoffs.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3n1nf2qe said:
theascension":3n1nf2qe said:
If you look at the schedule and our standings it's tough not to question whether we make the playoffs.
We're now chasing the Cardinals and absolutely need to go 9-2 the rest of the season (at worst).

The tough stretch at the end of the season really worry's me now considering we could easily go 2-3.

v.s Cardinals (at home but they beat us here last year with less) - could be win or loss
@ 49ers (always play us tough and will have all their weapons - we haven't been able to win there ) - L
@ Eagles - Judging by the 49ers game I think we'll match up well - W
v.s 49ers - hopefully W
@ Cardinals - Good chance we could lose this one.

Going anything less than 12 and 4 would be very dangerous in this division for playoff hopes.
I am not buying the Cardinals sweeping us.

Cardinals that team is smoke and mirrors right now W
@49ers coin toss game
@Eagles we are a bad matchup for them W
@Cardinals because EVERYTHING is on the line for THEM not us when this game is played luckily it will be a primetime game so advantage to us W

12 wins are completely in reach if not more and of course it would be dicey to win less and expect to win the division.
Finally a post I agree with..

bmorepunk

Reaction score
villain71":3ftkvh80 said:
Just saying. Seattle has lost its identity. Run game? ABANDONED. Poor beast mode. I sure wish he would run more but NOPE. This must be the new Seattle style of play. Overall Seattle looks softer. Not hungry at all. I guess thats what happens after you win the SB.

I know many will go 'its too early, we will bounce back...etc". LOL YEAH RIGHT. Unless the playcalling is changed this team is screwed.

keep-trollin-trollin-trollin-trollin.jpg

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Come back in January then, so we can talk draft. Until then, plenty of football left to play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Amazing, after 5 games, it has been determined that the Super Bowl Champions won't make the playoffs.
Wow, thanks. :th2thumbs:

seahawksny

Reaction score
SLOOOOOOOOW DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN

I spelled that with a lot of W's and only L

GOT ME?

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
Polaris":34wraw2b said:
The problem is it's easy to overreact probably because the national media is overreacting, and the cowboy fans are going to be insufferable for at least a week if not more. There are some that are already ordering superbowl tickets for the Cowboys for example and that (at least for me) makes this loss even harder to take than usual.

I actually agree with Doug Baldwin. There are things wrong, and some people don't (seem) to have their heads on right, and it's showing. Right now Seattle isn't as good as their abilities or talent should merit...and certainly aren't playing that way. That said, I still don't see anyone in our division that's better [and surprisingly the closest are probably the Cardinals.]

lol.

Oh please. There are no actual Cowboys fans (Other than kids who are 18 years old or younger) who making that win out to be some springboard to the Superbowl.

Don't go over reaching because of a loss. Dallas fans are happy because it was a big win that we were never expected to get but no one is booking Superbowl tickets and no one outside of Seattle is thinking the Seahawks are suddenly on the verge of imploding.

Polaris

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":1r6xnzg6 said:
Polaris":1r6xnzg6 said:
The problem is it's easy to overreact probably because the national media is overreacting, and the cowboy fans are going to be insufferable for at least a week if not more. There are some that are already ordering superbowl tickets for the Cowboys for example and that (at least for me) makes this loss even harder to take than usual.

I actually agree with Doug Baldwin. There are things wrong, and some people don't (seem) to have their heads on right, and it's showing. Right now Seattle isn't as good as their abilities or talent should merit...and certainly aren't playing that way. That said, I still don't see anyone in our division that's better [and surprisingly the closest are probably the Cardinals.]

lol.

Oh please. There are no actual Cowboys fans (Other than kids who are 18 years old or younger) who making that win out to be some springboard to the Superbowl.

Don't go over reaching because of a loss. Dallas fans are happy because it was a big win that we were never expected to get but no one is booking Superbowl tickets and no one outside of Seattle is thinking the Seahawks are suddenly on the verge of imploding.

Gotta disagree with you. I won't argue about "real" cowboy fans although living currently in Austin, I've seen some solid fans that do a pretty good imitation of cowboy fans, but that really wasn't my point. The Cowboys are one of those perpetual 'blue chip' franchises in the NFL that get a lot of national love whether they are good or not, and if you've been reading the national press, you are finding a LOT of people putting the Cowboys in the Superbowl right now....or at least calling them the best team in the NFL. Maybe they are, but IMO the Cowboys need to do a lot more week in and week out to show it. In the case of the Cowboys, I'm curious to see how they face against the Giants after a week of everyone telling them how good they are. I also would be interested in seeing how well they play after thanksgiving (but that's an old story for cowboys fans).

As for thinking Seattle isn't about to collapse, I agree with you and I don't think I am overreacting. However, my eyes aren't lying to me and at times Seattle hasn't played to their abilities. This happened at times last year as well (for whatever reason) and a couple of times the 'hawks got away with it (MNF at St Louis last year for example). This year Seattle so far hasn't been able to get away with it (at least mostly).

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
Polaris":90zq4spg said:
BraveHeartFan":90zq4spg said:
Polaris":90zq4spg said:

lol.

Gotta disagree with you. I won't argue about "real" cowboy fans although living currently in Austin, I've seen some solid fans that do a pretty good imitation of cowboy fans, but that really wasn't my point. The Cowboys are one of those perpetual 'blue chip' franchises in the NFL that get a lot of national love whether they are good or not, and if you've been reading the national press, you are finding a LOT of people putting the Cowboys in the Superbowl right now....or at least calling them the best team in the NFL. Maybe they are, but IMO the Cowboys need to do a lot more week in and week out to show it. In the case of the Cowboys, I'm curious to see how they face against the Giants after a week of everyone telling them how good they are. I also would be interested in seeing how well they play after thanksgiving (but that's an old story for cowboys fans).

As for thinking Seattle isn't about to collapse, I agree with you and I don't think I am overreacting. However, my eyes aren't lying to me and at times Seattle hasn't played to their abilities. This happened at times last year as well (for whatever reason) and a couple of times the 'hawks got away with it (MNF at St Louis last year for example). This year Seattle so far hasn't been able to get away with it (at least mostly).

Seattle hasn't been as dominate to this point but I have no doubt it's likely coming. They're too good not to turn it around and be better on a consistent basis.

The media is reactionary as always. Dallas beat Seattle in Seattle so they're proclaiming them the best team. They need to tap the breaks, just like any unrealistic Cowboys fans would need to if they're buying all that jazz.

We're a greatly improved team from the last few years. Of this there is no doubt. The commitment to the running game alone has made them better.

But they're not even the best team in the NFC yet, let alone the whole league. That's just being reactionary and foolish.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I 100% agree with the OP. THIS team will NOT make the playoffs. Now the question is whether or not THIS team will evolve into the end of the year team, and quick enough for that brutal stretch coming up in a few weeks of like 6/7 games of nothing but playoff teams. The Niners are not doing us any favors by winning their games, and neither are the Cardinals (at the moment). So if the Hawks want to make the playoffs, they're going to have to do it on their own.

byau

Reaction score
If they keep playing like this, than yes they will

(I bet ADB would agree!)

On paper, it's easy to say they will make the playoffs, and its' early to be doom and gloom because it's only 1/3 of the season through, and it's a long season, and who knows what will happen

But 1/3 of the season through and take a look at the NFC West

Cardinals: Instead of taking a step back without their starting QB they have taken a step forward

49ers: Also found themselves, moved forward, and will be getting key players back later this season

Rams: always a tough battle when they play at home

Seahawks: are still playing around being cutesy and possibly losing players

I'm glad the Seahawks lost. If they won while being outplayed on just about every front, ADB's statements about the team not taking an honest look at themselves would not carry so much weight

So now we'll see if the Seahawks learned their lessons

Largent80

Reaction score
OP......11 games to go. There is no way this team does not get righted and may become a juggernaut by years end.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Might as well not even watch the rest of the regular season then, the Super Bowl was decided in Week 6 apparently.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Gotta love watching a thread that is started by a donkey fan that have all been negative to our Hawks in every 1 of his 11 post on .net

The only reason he is here is to wallow is some peoples doom and gloom attitude here.

:sarcasm_off:

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1zsp41st said:
hieroglyphics":1zsp41st said:
Great teams in the NFL do at least one thing REALLY well, and Arizona seems to do nothing exceptional. The only thing they do well is protect the football and they force turnovers.

They play awesome defense, protect the ball and don't make mistakes. Sound familiar?
568 Yards and 41 points given up to Denver is awesome defense? Arizona is 4-1 by luck. I'm not afraid of them at all.