This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: Divisional Playoffs Edition

morgulon1

Reaction score
summersknight":bp3hefx8 said:
Some crazy fans in all fan bases, I am sure.
You guys are favored, what 8.5 by vegas? For good reason. Tough crowd, tough conditions, long travel time by the who dats. I like our chances with Drew and its hard to beat the same team 2X.
Wilson is the real deal and our secondary is banged up hope Lewis plays.

I for one don't have any animosity for the Saints ,the team or fans. I respect the hell out of their coach and qb. Drew Brees is
one heck of a qb.

I can't blame the Saints fans for thinking their team will win any more than us thinking the Hawks will win. I do see us covering
the spread though. Too much defense goin on up in hee-uh.

NoLaSaints

Reaction score
There are homers in every team's fan-base but I do not know of anyone that dislike the Seahawks or Russell Wilson, so take the rabid posts with a grain of salt, boys.

This is our Super Bowl. Seahawks have been THE team to beat all year because we know the road to SB goes through Clink.

Not too many people outside of Whodat Nation are going to pick the Saints to win. Even within our community a lot are doubtful.
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/20 ... l#comments#incart_most-comments

But, that's the way I like it. Out-gunned and under-manned but we still got a lot of weapons. WHODAT, baby. GLHF.

terrytogo

Reaction score
hawker84":2c3zvaop said:
Hawk_Nation":2c3zvaop said:
Largent80":2c3zvaop said:
Saints have a banged up secondary.

And their line backing core just took a hit as well

I'll say it again, just like i said it last game, the Saints defense is not as good as advertised, they have a weak secondary now hampered with injuries, and mediocre linebacking corps now hit with another injury, two decent ends, but they're interior line can be ran on.

I think the offense will again have success moving the ball and putting up points, i think we'll see some wrinkles in the Saints offense this time around.

Hope Smith can do a decent job on Graham like Wright did, that will be key. Nice to have Thurmond back as well, because he's good at disrupting those bubble screens plays the Saints love to run.

Bree's is going to have to win this one with his arm, because I think we'll stuff the run, i think we'll get our points, can Bree's and company outgun us, that's what concerns me, not their D.

Hopefully we'll see the earpieces and big play signs on the sidelines cuz ya know they worked so well last time for them.

First off it's Brees not Bree's; second, we NEVER run bubble screens. The screens we always run are to the tailback, not the receiver. Although I would love to see a couple of bubble screens to Kenny Stills, he's very quick and has great speed.

Jimmy will have a greater impact than our first game, this I promise you. Whether it's occupying two defenders or abusing one, he will help us sustain drives all game long. This will become a huge problem for your defense, and will open up our running game. Also, Lance Moore is going to be an "X" factor as well for us as he has been playing like the Lance of old lately.

Not saying we score 30 or 40 points, but I definitely know our offense will be much more efficient this time around.

hawker84

Reaction score
I will go back and watch the game, could have sworn they ran at leat 2 bubble screens. but they did try several screens to the back in which none worked.

Thirdly I have no doubt they will try to utilize Graham more, they need to, because your recievers will be on lock down for the better part of the game. With the pressure Brees will be under, he better utilize Graham and he better figure a way to get his backs into the passing game.

Fourthly your offense wasn't effective because they do not match up well with our D. your strengths on offense is our strengths on D.. Despite what's being said, our run D is stout, I don't think the Saints find much success there, we're very good at taking away the screen plays, we are very good at 3rd and long passing situations. It's going to come down to who's executing better, Saints O or Hawks D. At the CLink, i'll put my money on the Hawks, but Brees is more than capable of taking care of business.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
austinslater25":1m8p6kx9 said:
Blackandgold.com has been a complete joke. We only win because of officiating, PED's etc. Pathetic.

This weekend there are two coaches going head to head in Seattle: One was suspended for a year for running an illegal defensive targeting program, and the other is Pete Carroll.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
summersknight":2htszylf said:
Some crazy fans in all fan bases, I am sure.
You guys are favored, what 8.5 by vegas? For good reason. Tough crowd, tough conditions, long travel time by the who dats. I like our chances with Drew and its hard to beat the same team 2X.
Wilson is the real deal and our secondary is banged up hope Lewis plays.

You forgot about our Tough Team. Just sayin...

Dalga

Reaction score
First off, much respect to the Hawks! You have a great organization a great QB and a great coach. Makes me sick! BUT so do we and we are not the team yall ran over around and through earlier in the year. Chances are this game ends in a W for you guys just like i would expect it to end in a W for us if we were playing in the Dome. BUT anything can happen....

I am feeling pretty damn good about our game in tha link. Eveything that could go wrong DID go wrong last time around. Chances are not likely that that will happen again. We have the luxury of having experienced the Link in a worst case scenario earlier this year so there wont be any suprises.... we know what to expect. Our o line is playing better, we are running better and our defense is fer real. We will be playing with a huge chip on our shoulder and have broken the can't win on the road in the cold curse.

WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!! I have faith!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
What ever happened to that Saints fan story where in a game the Hawks nationally embarrassed their opponent a mean Seahawks fan and his wife beat the gal in the bathroom?

hawker84

Reaction score
Yet another brilliant post from the Black and Gold. Do these guys ever bother to watch games besides saints games, at least try and do a little research before posting? This poster apparently never saw any footage of either SF game or STL game where RW was pummeled beyond belief. Mr Bowman would whole heartedly disagree with this post.

I made a comment at the time of the first game -- that Russell Wilson has never really been hurt as a pro. He's been running around out there the past two years playing lights out, like a cat with all 9 of his lives. But these runs that he does to the sideline -- if somebody were to get there and POP HIM ONE HARD, before he scampers out of bounds, that could do some damage. It's easier said than done, I know, because he's fast and can really throw at any moment.

But I have a feeling that, once he gets popped, dinged up, or clobbered to the turf a few times, he will start to NOT be so ridiculously unstoppable anymore, because he won't be as fearless. Remember how RGIII was the cat's meow his first year in the league, played lights out, and he then went down -- when he came back from his injury and the next year he was tentative, slow, hesitant, not at all the same. Seen it before with Michael Vick also. Break those ribs, it makes him think twice about being the hero.

That hasn't happened to Wilson....yet.

Mindsink

Reaction score
I don't get it. What is it exactly about the 34-7 ass whipping that gives you any hope that things will be different this time around? You really think that lopsided score was a result of poor game planning, and somehow, magically, your coaching staff is going to come up with a better game plan this time around?

You talk as if the Seahawks are some static entity -- a computerized artificial intelligence, limited in its capability to do adjust and adapt. Sorry, but this is not a video game. This is not like playing Madden NFL vs the computer, where you lose badly the first time, learn, and do better the second time.

The Seahawks are as every bit capable of game planning and adjusting, and predicting YOUR adjustments, and we have the depth and personnel to get it done.

You squeaked by a mediocre Eagles team, and now have 6 days to prepare against a healthy Seahawks team who still carries the sting of the divisional playoffs loss last year in their hearts and minds. What makes your team hungrier or more motivated than ours? Because you lost a regular season game here 5 weeks ago? Our entire year, starting with our offseason was orchestrated to prepare for this very moment -- this very opportunity. An opportunity to succeed where we came up short just one season ago. You will simply be the unfortunate insect that gets stomped under our collective boot as we take our first step this Saturday -- our first step at redemption.

lsheldon

Reaction score
^^ Your avatar is confusing. Looking at it, I see N-Orleans Saints rather than Seahawks.

RCATES

Reaction score
New Member here. Long time Hawks fan living in Kent. I often go to opposing team forums during pre-game week and I must say the Black and Gold forum takes the cake on ignorance. Here is my favorite one so far.

"We Could easily Embarrass Them... If they refuse to respect the Run , We Will Literally Run Them Out of their own Building , If they choose to do something about the Run , Jimmy Better be ready to Bend them Goal Posts"

They act like overnight they have established a dominant running game after the Philly game.

Mindsink

Reaction score
lsheldon":1g2dw7sl said:
^^ Your avatar is confusing. Looking at it, I see N-Orleans Saints rather than Seahawks.

It has nothing to do with either team, or any NFL team, for that matter. :)

terrytogo

Reaction score
Mindsink":55m8jmbn said:
lsheldon":55m8jmbn said:

It has nothing to do with either team, or any NFL team, for that matter. :)

Dream Theater.

How did you like their ST? I haven't heard much of it, is it good?

Dalga

Reaction score
Mindsink":11hxy781 said:
I don't get it. What is it exactly about the 34-7 ass whipping that gives you any hope that things will be different this time around? You really think that lopsided score was a result of poor game planning, and somehow, magically, your coaching staff is going to come up with a better game plan this time around?

You talk as if the Seahawks are some static entity -- a computerized artificial intelligence, limited in its capability to do adjust and adapt. Sorry, but this is not a video game. This is not like playing Madden NFL vs the computer, where you lose badly the first time, learn, and do better the second time.

The Seahawks are as every bit capable of game planning and adjusting, and predicting YOUR adjustments, and we have the depth and personnel to get it done.

You squeaked by a mediocre Eagles team, and now have 6 days to prepare against a healthy Seahawks team who still carries the sting of the divisional playoffs loss last year in their hearts and minds. What makes your team hungrier or more motivated than ours? Because you lost a regular season game here 5 weeks ago? Our entire year, starting with our offseason was orchestrated to prepare for this very moment -- this very opportunity. An opportunity to succeed where we came up short just one season ago. You will simply be the unfortunate insect that gets stomped under our collective boot as we take our first step this Saturday -- our first step at redemption.

LOL now that was sum bull***T bravado right there..... I don't get it. Do you honestly think you are going to get the exact same game you got from us last time. Do you honestly think your team is that much better than the Saints that you are gauranteed a victory or anything near the same outcome. Teams learn they adapt and the ball doesnt bounce the same way. I respect your team and what they have been able to accomplish but you act like teams can't have a fluke game where they just don't show up and nothing seems to go there way. Well that happened to us this year against the hawks. It WILL be different this time around I PROMISE you that. Maybe not to the tune of the Saints coming away with a victory but it is also possible tha everything goes our way this time around and you are sitting there shaking your head like what just happened...... just like we were last time around. Occassionally GREAT football teams get blown out. It happens..... i am not sure how long you have been watching football but i have seen it countless times. Just a few years ago we got beat by a Seattle team in the playoffs that we never should have lost to. So believe me, it can happen. If your boys manage to beat us again I will be back, i will congratulate you and will root for you all the rest of the way because your team has earned it. Till then WHO DAT!!!!!

Laloosh

Reaction score
New Orleans coming back into Century Link for a big game:

Tumblr mwjtrnkUPY1qdlh1io1 400

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my thunked on it.

Season Tickets end with week 17s game. So season ticket holders will have to buy new tickets at a much higher price. The blow article states that Seattle playoff tickets are the most expensive in the NFL AVE $416/ticket and box seats going in the neighborhood of $2000 a piece.
Seahawks-Saints tickets are most expensive of the playoffs - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

For the most part it will probably be the same crowd but a large % of the Seahawks crowd will not. This could play in our favor as just the slightest drop in decibel level will help our offensive communications on the field.

RIIIIIIIIIGGHHT

hawker84

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":2e584lmt said:

Here is my thunked on it.

Season Tickets end with week 17s game. So season ticket holders will have to buy new tickets at a much higher price. The blow article states that Seattle playoff tickets are the most expensive in the NFL AVE $416/ticket and box seats going in the neighborhood of $2000 a piece.
Seahawks-Saints tickets are most expensive of the playoffs - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

For the most part it will probably be the same crowd but a large % of the Seahawks crowd will not. This could play in our favor as just the slightest drop in decibel level will help our offensive communications on the field.

RIIIIIIIIIGGHHT

Good Grief :roll:

Mindsink

Reaction score
Dalga":lp53nmhs said:
LOL now that was sum bull***T bravado right there.....
Thank you.

Do you honestly think you are going to get the exact same game you got from us last time.

No.

Do you honestly think your team is that much better than the Saints that you are gauranteed a victory or anything near the same outcome.

Nothing's guaranteed, but yes, our team is that much better, considering how well we play at home and how $hitty you play on the road.

Teams learn they adapt and the ball doesnt bounce the same way. I respect your team and what they have been able to accomplish but you act like teams can't have a fluke game where they just don't show up and nothing seems to go there way. Well that happened to us this year against the hawks.

So 34-7 was a fluke. 188 total yards was a fluke. 146 yards passing on 38 attempts was a fluke. Gotcha.

It WILL be different this time around I PROMISE you that. Maybe not to the tune of the Saints coming away with a victory but it is also possible tha everything goes our way this time around and you are sitting there shaking your head like what just happened...... just like we were last time around. Occassionally GREAT football teams get blown out. It happens..... i am not sure how long you have been watching football but i have seen it countless times. Just a few years ago we got beat by a Seattle team in the playoffs that we never should have lost to. So believe me, it can happen.

Saying it can be different is not the same as saying it will be different. Nothing your team did that game, or in any games after that leads me to believe the outcome will be drastically different. Will they make it a closer game? Sure, it's possible. Will they get blown out even worse? Yeah, that's possible too. Remember, we let the foot off the gas in the 3rd quarter of that game. This is the playoffs. There will be no holding back. How about 41-3 for a prediction? Certainly possible.

Btw, your Saints were not a "great" team in 2010. We were division winners, despite our record.