This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Dallas Cowboys

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1lvn8e9s said:
I feel Romo gets scapegoated a lot as well. Last year, people got all over him for the late pick against the Donkos. I'm thinking, he had 500 yards throwing and 5 TDs. Not his fault the Donkos had 51 points.

Not to mention, in 2012, every Cowboy except for him quit in the Seahawks game. That deserved respect.
I think your missing the point, it's not about the number of mistakes , it's about the magnitude of those mistakes. Go back and watch that Denver -Dallas game. Sure the defense sucked but it was Romo who threw the back breaking pick that basically ended the game. Same goes with redskins game with the division on the line in 2012. also 49ers this year where he crapped the bed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1bx7edma said:
I think your missing the point, it's not about the number of mistakes , it's about the magnitude of those mistakes. Go back and watch that Denver -Dallas game. Sure the defense sucked but it was Romo who threw the back breaking pick that basically ended the game. Same goes with redskins game with the division on the line in 2012. also 49ers this year where he crapped the bed.
Yeah, it's way better to just play at an average level under pressure for the entirety of a game that matters like Peyton Manning has done numerous times than to play a fantastic game but make one critical mistake. :roll:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
If Romo had a defense like Russell, maybe his mistakes wouldn't matter as much. :roll:

Anyway, in 8 losses last year, Romo threw 17 TDs and 3 INTs. Those are not choke numbers.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3esttazq said:
Sarlacc83":3esttazq said:
I feel Romo gets scapegoated a lot as well. Last year, people got all over him for the late pick against the Donkos. I'm thinking, he had 500 yards throwing and 5 TDs. Not his fault the Donkos had 51 points.

Not to mention, in 2012, every Cowboy except for him quit in the Seahawks game. That deserved respect.
also 49ers this year where he crapped the bed.

That wasn't him. First game back from a major back surgery and he hardly played at all in TC or preseason.

This is Tony Romo -

original.gif

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2zq07ibt said:
Sarlacc83":2zq07ibt said:
Sports Hernia":2zq07ibt said:
Sarlacc83":2zq07ibt said:
You think opposing fans are hard on him...? Have you heard what other Cowboy fans say about him?
It is cliche to hate on the Cowboys and Romo in particular. Almost everybody is shocked at the lack of career interceptions Romo has when they are forced to actually look that number up.

Romo's a very good QB and in the top eight in the league, IMO. Though if his back doesn't truly heal up, he may not be anymore. He has never even had a year where his passer rating was below 90.5 for the season, and he has had a crap defense on his team for most of it. Also keep in mind that the NFC East was actually a pretty powerful division for a lot of his career, too; he didn't have the benefit of having a bunch of neanderthal divisional foes to beat up on like Peyton and Brady have almost their entire careers.

Really, I'm annoyed by the lack of respect Romo gets from most quarters and I don't even like the frickin' Cowboys.
You've fallen for the fantasy football stats trap my friend. He is an epic choker at crunch time ask any level headed Cowboys fan. Would I want him on my fantasy team if I did fantasy, yes, would I want him as Seattle's QB? HELL TO THE NO!

You should try fantasy. It would stop you from making sweeping generalizations and relying on other teams' fans for your conclusions.
See my response to iRo's tirade. 8)
Did you draft Romo too?

Nope. I just think your "blame" fantasy players shtick is stupid since you don't ever contribute anything of worth to NFL level talks, showing that you don't know about the greater whole and are thus a hypocrite in your ignorance- while on the whole, fantasy players have a much greater knowledge of who's who. They watch more games and in turn they make the NFL more successful, leading to higher salary caps which allow the Seahawks to spend more.

Your disdain is clearly a matter of hating something you don't understand so maybe you should stop putting your foot in your mouth.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2h2o0afp said:

How about the fact that his O-line got pushed into his throwing lane not allowing him to step into his throw, which is actually what caused the INT in that Denver game? Or the fact that his defense allowed 51 points? Who would expect to pin a game like that on the offense when your defense is giving up nothing but sevens?

If we didn't have Russell, I would be perfectly happy with Romo as QB. Well, less so now that he is getting older and has back issues, but I've been saying for years he's woefully underrated. He's been a top 10 QB in this league his whole career and people act like he is garbage.

Cartire

Reaction score
Are we really having a 'gobble Romos junk' thread here? Thought we were trying to get amped for the game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cartire":1vpkvl6k said:
Are we really having a 'gobble Romos junk' thread here? Thought we were trying to get amped for the game.
Some of us can be amped for a game while having some respect for an opponent.

Some of us, that is.

grizbob

Reaction score
Cartire":3gyd95kc said:

He's a cowboy, that's all it takes for me to hate him :twisted: Jerry Jones is the devil!!

byau

Reaction score
Some good posts there

Currently reading

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/3 ... ame/page-3

This one is interesting:

The Seahawks have lost like 1 game in 3 seasons in Seattle. I don't expect Dallas to go up and win this game. they have shut down the best QBs too. What would be nice is for Dallas to get out of this game healthy. I think the Seahawks are going to use numbers to stop Murray and force Romo to try and beat them. We have seen them shut down Brees twice, Peyton Manning twice and Rogers. And for those of you who say oh they went into overtime with Peyton Manning. That's because they took their foot off the gas when they were ahead by two scores. Division games are the most important at this stage so this team needs to get healthy. The last thing they need to do is run Murray into the ground and get him hurt if this game is out of reach.

Interesting take, one I doubt the Cowboys would take though.

Considering the momentum Dallas has and that the Seahawks D has seemed to take the gas pedal off the last 8 minutes of both the Broncos and Redskins games, I am almost thinking the Cowboys just need to keep it semi-close and weather the storm and then come on strong.

Seriously, who wouldn't want a feather in their cap of beating the Seahawks in Seattle?

Any Given Sunday.

Still picking Seattle. :)

Treefiddy

Reaction score
I got no love for the Cowturds. I hope we bury them 50-0.

Taken from their boards. -

It is time for the shehawks to pay dividends.

The biggest punishment to a tall guy like sherman is blocking him at the knees. Take him out on a stretcher, lets see him run his mouth on that.

That goes for the QB, whatever his name might be, he is another casualty.
I don't care for his 120 yards by rushing last game, he better be humiliated when trying to run the field.
Again, needs to pay some dividends, they should also target his knees. See how that rushing goes down ASAP.

This is war, ain't no team more ruthless than the cowboys. There ain't no glamour in the field son, there is no compassion for the running QB, whoever it is.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Treefiddy":27x3xn5j said:
I got no love for the Cowturds. I hope we bury them 50-0.

Taken from their boards. -

It is time for the shehawks to pay dividends.

The biggest punishment to a tall guy like sherman is blocking him at the knees. Take him out on a stretcher, lets see him run his mouth on that.

That goes for the QB, whatever his name might be, he is another casualty.
I don't care for his 120 yards by rushing last game, he better be humiliated when trying to run the field.
Again, needs to pay some dividends, they should also target his knees. See how that rushing goes down ASAP.

This is war, ain't no team more ruthless than the cowboys. There ain't no glamour in the field son, there is no compassion for the running QB, whoever it is.

That guy is a troll.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Hmmm he has quite a few posts. Not quite the troll your making him out to be?

OrFan

Reaction score
Honestly I see the biggest improvement this year for the Cowboys on the defensive side of the ball. Getting rid of their former defensive coordinator, Rob Ryan. He was, and still is one of the biggest losers in coaching. Look at what happened when Dallas got rid of him, look what happened when NO hired him.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Treefiddy":dgj2qz2v said:
Hmmm he has quite a few posts. Not quite the troll your making him out to be?

He's a troll. Everyone there knows it.

People on that forum don't get banned near as fast as they should. A very, very well-known troll that was a Giants fan in disguise that started crap about Romo every chance he got was just banned with over 7,000 posts.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
OrFan":7o904k5m said:
Honestly I see the biggest improvement this year for the Cowboys on the defensive side of the ball. Getting rid of their former defensive coordinator, Rob Ryan. He was, and still is one of the biggest losers in coaching. Look at what happened when Dallas got rid of him, look what happened when NO hired him.
You mean how they had a 4th ranked defense last year?

ATX_Hawk

Reaction score
I live in austin and tend to watch the cowboys when the hawks aren't on. They are a much improved team this year. There are many radio analysts that said they would have been the worst team in the NFL this year and they are eating their words.

While we're about to only hit the 6th game of the season I think the cowboys will offer a decent challenge for us on defense. I really want to see how we stop their run and if we can get to romo with that o-line. It will be a good marker for us.

In terms of offense I'd like to see us stretch the field more with 2-3 bombs down the field if we can get russell the time and not commit any stupid holding calls.

I respect the cowboys more than the typical hawks fan but I say we win 28-17.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Much as I can't abide the hype that surrounds that franchise, this Cowboys team isn't the same one that came to the Clink and lost 27 - 7 two years ago. Anyone expecting or predicting a blowout will be disappointed.

Still think it'll be a Hawks win, but might make for uncomfortable viewing in places, like the last two games. I don't think there will be time to fix all the issues that have sprung up in that time, specifically with O-line penalties.

Largent80

Reaction score
STAR WARS":27tc4nrj said:
All the talk of the Cowboys running game is really because of the O line and tight end blocking. When they are on....they are on as best as any team in the league right now. We have faced two solid D lines this season (rams and Texans) and we beat them in the trenches pretty handedly.

While having a good o-line is a key, getting to the 2nd level is what is desired. Unfortunately for Dallas, our lb's are OUTSTANDING vs. the rush.

I am pasting these numbers here from another thread where I looked up the rushing defenses of the teams Da-ASS has played.

Dallas defense ranked #20 vs. the rush. We are #1

They played Tenn. ranked #26
They played St. Loius ranked #29
They played N.O. ranked #14
They played Houston ranked #21..needed overtime at home to win that one.
and S.F. ranked #5 (but that was the first game of the year, and they were throwing vs. S.F.)

Easy to see why they have been able to run so far.....This week they meet the wall.

Sonnyboy

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":275mjpjl said:
Sports Hernia":275mjpjl said:
You've fallen for the fantasy football stats trap my friend. He is an epic choker at crunch time ask any level headed Cowboys fan. Would I want him on my fantasy team if I did fantasy, yes, would I want him as Seattle's QB? HELL TO THE NO!
Nope. You've fallen victim to Romo memes and hyperbole by uneducated football fans, and I can prove it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/ ... th-quarter

Now check this. What do you think Romo's passer rating is in the 4th quarter for each year of his career? I'll list 'em, from NFL.com's situational stats page:

2013: 105.6
2012: 101.2
2011: 104.4
2010: 83.5
2009: 101.8
2008: 114.7
2007: 93.5
2006: 95.0 (First year as a starter.)

Yeah, the dude's a real choker, alright. Those 4th quarters are just brutal. Trent Dilfer's a better QB to not throw the game away at the end!

Here's what happened: Tony Romo has had a couple of big mistakes at the worst possible moments in his career, and since the Cowboys are a very easy target for most people to hate due to their success in the 90s and being considered "America's team", the memes have been abundant about him. You know what's funny? If Babs hadn't made a great play in the playoffs, getting him from behind on that botched field goal attempt in the playoffs in Seattle so many years ago, he'd have gotten that first down or the TD and his whole image would probably be different right now.

Don't accuse me of letting fantasy football skew my perceptions unless you can strongly demonstrate it.

Outstanding Post. You obviously know football.

I'm confident the Cowboys can win and are ready to put forth an excellent effort Sunday. But Wilson concerns me and tempers my expectations. I have a few questions and would value your insight:

I think Wilson may be the best QB playing right now. Agree?
How do you view Romo in this match up? Concerned?
Where's the hole in Wilson's game. How has he been best defended?

And no I'm not Marinelli. LOL.

Latest posts