This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

ExpatPack

Reaction score
This game:

Packers minus Bulaga. Seahawks plus Richardson. Yes I'm worried.

Both these teams are slow starters and both these teams are NFC championship material.

Packer defense has gotten much faster, and the secondary is no longer a liability, but we'll have to see how rookie Kevin King will do. Packers have serious weapons on offense with Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Martellus Bennett and Lance Kendricks. We'll have to see how Montgomery does at RB. OL is generally solid, but if Bulage doesn't play, it's gonna hurt.

Seattle's defense is undeniably strong. Their weakness seems to be the OL. Will the Packers be able to exploit that? Also, Lacy is a good 2nd tier runner, very hard to tackle in the open field, but he's not Marshawn Lynch. He's not going to get you that 3rd and 1 the way Lynch could.

SHould be a great game, except for the fact that it's week 1 and who knows how well they're going to play.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
ExpatPack":nqbtircc said:
This game:

Both these teams are slow starters and both these teams are NFC championship material.

Packer defense has gotten much faster, and the secondary is no longer a liability, but we'll have to see how rookie Kevin King will do. Packers have serious weapons on offense with Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Martellus Bennett and Lance Kendricks. We'll have to see how Montgomery does at RB. OL is generally solid, but if Bulage doesn't play, it's gonna hurt.

Seattle's defense is undeniably strong. Their weakness seems to be the OL. Will the Packers be able to exploit that? Also, Lacy is a good 2nd tier runner, very hard to tackle in the open field, but he's not Marshawn Lynch. He's not going to get you that 3rd and 1 the way Lynch could.

SHould be a great game, except for the fact that it's week 1 and who knows how well they're going to play.

One of the biggest questions I have heading into this game IS Bryan Bulaga. Is it sounding like he's going to play? And even if he does, how effective is he going to be?

Kevin King is young guy that a lot of us here who live in the Pacific Northwest know VERY well (for obvious reasons). Many of us here (myself included) salivated over him quite a ton in the months and days leading up to the draft ... and several (including me) were quite distraught at the Hawks NOT going after and landing King. I would say most of us felt he was tailor made for this defense. BUT ... Shaq Griffin has been a very pleasant surprise for us (he's looked great). So, we'll see.

Despite all the analytics you might read out there from Pro Football Focus, I'm telling you (and I think most will tell you) that just based upon the Eyeball Test alone ... the Hawks offensive line is vastly improved. Like night and day improved. Now are they going to be a Top 10 Offensive Line? Absolutely not. I'd expect them to end up ranked somewhere in that 18-20 (out of 32 teams) region when it's all said and done. And believe you me ... I think virtually every single Hawk fan will take mediocrity when it comes to Offensive Line play.

Though I know Lacy will start, one young guy to really keep your eye on (who may see time in this game) is Chris Carson (7th Rounder this year). He has REALLY opened up a lot of eyes around here ... so much so that many are campaigning for him to start. [See the thread on him below] He LOOKS like a young Marshawn Lynch as he always seems to be moving forward after 1st contact. I expect him to have a fairly high YAC (yards after contact) rate. To give you a little flavor of who Chris Carson is, here is a highlight reel from him at Oklahoma State ...

[youtube]BEwMQgwbAR0[/youtube]

And what you see there on film ... that is exactly the Chris Carson we have seen throughout Training Camp and the Preseason. He has been doing the exact same thing at the NFL level so far. He's opened up a lot of eyes (fans and coaches alike), so I expect him to see some time in this game. Thomas Rawls (who is a lot like Carson) is practicing this week, so I'd expect him to see a lot of time in this game as well.

We HAD a lot of trouble running the ball last year. As a whole, the running game this Preseason has looked more like what we're used to seeing in Seattle.

It definitely should be an interesting game. In all honesty, I kind of wonder if THIS game (right here) might not potentially be the toughest matchup of the season. Should be fun.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3jqg8ecr said:
One of the biggest questions I have heading into this game IS Bryan Bulaga. Is it sounding like he's going to play? And even if he does, how effective is he going to be?

It is starting to sound like Bulaga will be out. "Hopeful" was the last word, however, the "surgery" word has been passed around:

"The Green Bay Packers still do not know when Bryan Bulaga can return from his ankle injury. However, the team does not expect the offensive tackle to undergo surgery, instead resting a couple of weeks and re-evaluating before Week 1 of the regular season, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero."

If Bulaga is out, it will hurt and Kyle Murphy will most likely start in his spot. Maybe Spriggs, but Spriggs has been a disaster. He is weak, slow and can't block anything. Bad draft pick so far. Not ready for prime time and certainly not ready for anything the Seahawks can throw at him.

We also just put Barclay on IR and he was a backup Center. Barclay has not been stellar either, but was doing OK at Center.

The more I look at this OL vs. DL matchup, the more I don't really like it. Something like 8 out of 11 of your starters on D are current or former Pro Bowlers and that front 7 could be the very best in the NFL. AND your Secondary is right up there too.

Still, gotta go with my Packers. :)

Foghawk

Reaction score
PackerNation":3r4q1m3h said:
Hawkscanner":3r4q1m3h said:

It is starting to sound like Bulaga will be out. "Hopeful" was the last word, however, the "surgery" word has been passed around:

"The Green Bay Packers still do not know when Bryan Bulaga can return from his ankle injury. However, the team does not expect the offensive tackle to undergo surgery, instead resting a couple of weeks and re-evaluating before Week 1 of the regular season, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero."

If Bulaga is out, it will hurt and Kyle Murphy will most likely start in his spot. Maybe Spriggs, but Spriggs has been a disaster. He is weak, slow and can't block anything. Bad draft pick so far. Not ready for prime time and certainly not ready for anything the Seahawks can throw at him.

We also just put Barclay on IR and he was a backup Center. Barclay has not been stellar either, but was doing OK at Center.

The more I look at this OL vs. DL matchup, the more I don't really like it. Something like 8 out of 11 of your starters on D are current or former Pro Bowlers and that front 7 could be the very best in the NFL. AND your Secondary is right up there too.

Maybe the Packers training staff should look into Regenokine. :lol:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Foghawk":3vfy4mvl said:
PackerNation":3vfy4mvl said:
Hawkscanner":3vfy4mvl said:

Maybe the Packers training staff should look into Regenokine. :lol:

Just to enlighten you in case you hadn't heard about this, it was announced a week or so ago that K.J. Wright was going to be missing practice and out of town with what Pete Carroll mysteriously referred to as "a process" -- not a surgery, not a procedure, "a process". This had everybody scratching their head trying to figure out what the heck he was talking about. It finally came to light that he had gone for a Regenokine treatment. He returned with glowing results. Prior to the Week 4 Preseason Game, it was like a stampede, as 5 other veterans decided to miss the game and undergo the "process" as well.
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137959

Josea16

Reaction score
I thought I saw CJ Procise in the Oakland game for a couple plays. Sure enough he was, I mention this because if he's healthy he tilts the field, big time playmaker that can take it to the house on any play.

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1ynkxvkz said:
ptisme":1ynkxvkz said:
I never thought this game would be easy. I think it generally leans Packers at Lambeau and goes the other way in Seattle. Rodgers shredded that defense last year (was the one game I attended) but Richardson is definitely a game changer. Should be fun to watch.

Hey, good to see you once again. It must be that time of year. Thanks for the insights regarding the Packers, the changes they made, and current status updates. I’ll do the same for you.

I remember that game quite well and in all honesty (and I think a lot of guys on this board will agree) in a lot of ways, this team was feeling the after-affects of that Super Bowl loss still. What I mean by that is that A LOT of guys actually came into the regular season still pretty banged up physically. Earl Thomas separated his shoulder in the SB and was a bit banged up. Richard Sherman dealt with a knee issue that ended up slowing him down all year long. Jeremy Lane also went down in the Super Bowl as well (that’s what really turned the tide). He was banged up much of last season I'd say.
Michael Bennett was never himself all last year I would argue. Other guys on that defense also were a bit banged up as well.

When Earl Thomas went down and was lost for the Season in the Panthers game in Week 13 last year -- right before the Hawks faced the Packers -- that’s when the flood gates really opened, as long shots down the field which hadn’t been open in years … were suddenly WIDE open. Since Earl has been there, we’ve always played single high safety … and with his recognition skills, speed, and make-up ability, we’ve always been able to do that (and to be amazingly successful), as he just plays deep Center Field and is able to take away so much. All of a sudden, that was gone. We had no one who could really fill in and do what he does. Steven Terrell (who’s now with the Chiefs) played FS in that game. That was a HUGE part of the reason why Aaron Rodgers was able to absolutely shred that defense.

THAT and the fact that the Seahawks struggled to get consistent pressure up the middle all season long. When this team went to and won the Super Bowl in 2013, a HUGE factor was that Seattle was able to get pressure right up the gut. Rookie Jarran Reed was drafted to replace Brandon Mebane (who was their 3 Tech who was able to do that) … and he didn’t have nearly the impact that many hoped he would. Quinton Jefferson (drafted in the 5th Round) was lost before the season and put on IR. So, getting pressure up the middle and being able to shut down running lanes up the gut was a big problem all year long.

Another big factor IMO was that last year Kam Chancellor was just not himself. I believe he was also still feeling the after-affects from the Super Bowl. He just wasn't Bam Bam Kam most of last season. Seattle’s defense ended up missing that real physical nasty presence for much of the year.

Schneider, recognizing all of those deficits, went out and has addressed those issues. Seattle went out and drafted Tedric Thompson out of the Colorado in order to back up Earl. While he’s not had quite the Preseason that we’ve all hoped for (and I hope he doesn’t see the field) this is a young man who showed he has very good FS skills in college.

Safety Bradley McDougald, who was a starter in Tampa Bay, has been brought in. He’s a very physical, instinctive, and hard hitting safety who has had a VERY good camp. The Hawks intend to use him on the field quite a bit and I personally believe that we’ll see some 4-2-5 from this Defense this year. There has been a lot of talk about a new “Cheetah” Package that the Seahawks are looking to employ, which (by its name) implies that it’s designed to have the speedier Seahawk Defenders on the field in order to chase guys down. We have yet to really see it rolled out.

The Hawks also looked to improve their overall speed in the secondary as well. They went out and drafted CB Shaq Griffin out of UCF to start opposite Richard Sherman. He had a great training camp and Preseason and won the starting job. He’s faster than Sherm and potentially I think could be better than him down the road. Rodgers could pick on him in this game, but this young guy is very talented.

The biggest addition of all though … came just this past week when the Hawks traded for Sheldon Richardson. They’d hoped that 2nd round choice Malik McDowell would be that guy, but he had to go be a young knucklehead and get himself injured on an ATV. I’d be shocked if we see him this season.

Anyway, Richardson is a BAD, BAD MAN. He’s one of those true game changing players out there who can honestly alter a game. This was just posted recently on Twitter, so I’ll share this here as well.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Coleman3SD/status/904727480157831169[/tweet]
[Click on TOP of that Twitter Link above. Coleman has an extensive breakdown of LOTS of game footage and how Sheldon Richardson impacted Brady and that the Patriots Offense.]

As I said, the biggest piece that the Seahawks have been missing since 2013 … is that real big dog player who can flush QB’s to those fast ends like Bennett, Avril, and Clark who can crash down and take them down. They've been missing an impact 3 Tech who can really shut things down right up the middle. The Hawks would appear to have found that final missing puzzle piece in Sheldon Richardson.

In general, what’s stood out to me this Preseason is that guys appear to be healthy once again. Earl Thomas looks like he’s finally back to his old self. Players like KJ Wright are flying to the football … and they’ve improved their overall depth.

Russell Wilson has his speed and mobility back (he was banged up most of last season as well) … and the running game appears to be markedly improved.

Before the Richardson trade, I would have agreed with you in saying that Green Bay was a 3 point favorite there at Lambeau Field. NOW … I don’t honestly know -- I’d call it more of a Pick ‘Em at this point. Should be fun and I agree … let’s pray no one gets seriously hurt in this game.
Good post. Maybe won't wish you good luck but will wish your team good health :irishdrinkers:

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3g4lkl4y said:
ExpatPack":3g4lkl4y said:
This game:

Kevin King is young guy that a lot of us here who live in the Pacific Northwest know VERY well (for obvious reasons). Many of us here (myself included) salivated over him quite a ton in the months and days leading up to the draft ... and several (including me) were quite distraught at the Hawks NOT going after and landing King. I would say most of us felt he was tailor made for this defense. BUT ... Shaq Griffin has been a very pleasant surprise for us (he's looked great). So, we'll see.

Despite all the analytics you might read out there from Pro Football Focus, I'm telling you (and I think most will tell you) that just based upon the Eyeball Test alone ... the Hawks offensive line is vastly improved. Like night and day improved. Now are they going to be a Top 10 Offensive Line? Absolutely not. I'd expect them to end up ranked somewhere in that 18-20 (out of 32 teams) region when it's all said and done. And believe you me ... I think virtually every single Hawk fan will take mediocrity when it comes to Offensive Line play.

Though I know Lacy will start, one young guy to really keep your eye on (who may see time in this game) is Chris Carson (7th Rounder this year). He has REALLY opened up a lot of eyes around here ... so much so that many are campaigning for him to start. [See the thread on him below] He LOOKS like a young Marshawn Lynch as he always seems to be moving forward after 1st contact. I expect him to have a fairly high YAC (yards after contact) rate. To give you a little flavor of who Chris Carson is, here is a highlight reel from him at Oklahoma State ...

[youtube]BEwMQgwbAR0[/youtube]

And what you see there on film ... that is exactly the Chris Carson we have seen throughout Training Camp and the Preseason. He has been doing the exact same thing at the NFL level so far. He's opened up a lot of eyes (fans and coaches alike), so I expect him to see some time in this game. Thomas Rawls (who is a lot like Carson) is practicing this week, so I'd expect him to see a lot of time in this game as well.

We HAD a lot of trouble running the ball last year. As a whole, the running game this Preseason has looked more like what we're used to seeing in Seattle.

It definitely should be an interesting game. In all honesty, I kind of wonder if THIS game (right here) might not potentially be the toughest matchup of the season. Should be fun.
1. McCarthy said he's not worried that Bulaga won't be available.
2. I'm glad you guys like Kevin King. He has struggled with the Packers WR (and Rodgers) in camp but that should only make him better.
3. I'm not convinced Lacy is your answer. I do share your man crush on Chris Carson... He needs to get some PT.

ptisme

Reaction score
Question Seahawks fans: Who's the one RB I need on my team this season as a handcuff to Lacy (PPR)?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
ptisme":22yfo1dj said:

Hmmm ... doesn't SOUND good for Bulaga. McCarthy may be right and he might very well play. The question I always have (especially when it comes to big guys and ankle injuries) is, "Should they play (especially in Week 1 of the season)?" Former Packers and Hawks Coach Mike Holmgren is a regular contributor on KJR-950 AM up here ... and I remember that's one thing he's talked about a bit in the past. He's mentioned that especially for those big guys, nagging ankle injuries (if you don't rest them and deal with them properly) can turn into bigger issues, as the body tends to compensate ... and eventually it's the knee that bothers you ... then maybe the other ankle, etc. So maybe he does play, I'm just wondering ...
should he (for his health and for the good of the overall team long-term)?

2. I'm glad you guys like Kevin King. He has struggled with the Packers WR (and Rodgers) in camp but that should only make him better.

Definitely REALLY liked Kevin King - A LOT. Early struggles are to be expected with young guys, but I agree I think he's going to be a good one.

3. I'm not convinced Lacy is your answer. I do share your man crush on Chris Carson... He needs to get some PT.

I'd say I speak for most of us in saying that I don't think Lacy is the answer either. Now, Chris Carson? That guy is a flat out stud!! He definitely needs to get some PT. If it were me, I'd run a combo of Rawls and Carson in this game ... and splash in a bit of C.J. Prosise (who is a real dynamic player once he gets the ball in his hands. He's a dual running/receiving threat).

No, I would say I'm not wishing you "luck" in this game either ... but I WILL hope and pray for no serious injuries -- for either of our teams. Should be a good game I believe.

Question Seahawks fans: Who's the one RB I need on my team this season as a handcuff to Lacy (PPR)?
Love to answer your question, but in all honesty, I'm not understanding exactly what you're asking. Care to clarify and unpack that a bit?

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":fo5016va said:
ptisme":fo5016va said:

Hmmm ... doesn't SOUND good for Bulaga. McCarthy may be right and he might very well play. The question I always have (especially when it comes to big guys and ankle injuries) is, "Should they play (especially in Week 1 of the season)?" Former Packers and Hawks Coach Mike Holmgren is a regular contributor on KJR-950 AM up here ... and I remember that's one thing he's talked about a bit in the past. He's mentioned that especially for those big guys, nagging ankle injuries (if you don't rest them and deal with them properly) can turn into bigger issues, as the body tends to compensate ... and eventually it's the knee that bothers you ... then maybe the other ankle, etc. So maybe he does play, I'm just wondering ...
should he (for his health and for the good of the overall team long-term)?

Definitely REALLY liked Kevin King - A LOT. Early struggles are to be expected with young guys, but I agree I think he's going to be a good one.

I'd say I speak for most of us in saying that I don't think Lacy is the answer either. Now, Chris Carson? That guy is a flat out stud!! He definitely needs to get some PT. If it were me, I'd run a combo of Rawls and Carson in this game ... and splash in a bit of C.J. Prosise (who is a real dynamic player once he gets the ball in his hands. He's a dual running/receiving threat).

No, I would say I'm not wishing you "luck" in this game either ... but I WILL hope and pray for no serious injuries -- for either of our teams. Should be a good game I believe.

Love to answer your question, but in all honesty, I'm not understanding exactly what you're asking. Care to clarify and unpack that a bit?
It's fantasy football:) It's common to draft a backup to a first string running back (handcuff). PPR means you get a point per reception... That makes running backs that catch a lot of passes valuable. For instance, Rawls would be a more valuable starter than Lacy would

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
ptisme":1tpd9kp9 said:
It's fantasy football:) It's common to draft a backup to a first string running back (handcuff). PPR means you get a point per reception... That makes running backs that catch a lot of passes valuable. For instance, Rawls would be a more valuable starter than Lacy would

I thought that's what you were asking. OK, I'll say this -- IF he's healthy (BIG IF) and IF he's available in the later rounds ... I'd keep C.J. Prosise in mind. He showed last year that when he was healthy, he can be EXPLOSIVE. He was a receiver at Notre Dame before they switched him over to RB, so he literally is a dual receiving/running threat. He's got very good receiving skills. Prosise just has a bit of an extra gear that the other RB's on this roster don't have.

Thomas Rawls would be the guy I would certainly target, as he's probably going to get the lion's share of the carries after Lacy. The Seahawks like to throw to their backs, so Rawls would be the guy (again, if he's healthy -- and he should be, as all we've heard is he's playing in this game). He's a lot like Carson style-wise -- very physical, shifty runner who is also a good receiver coming out of the backfield as well.

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":31ab86ex said:
ptisme":31ab86ex said:

I thought that's what you were asking. OK, I'll say this -- IF he's healthy (BIG IF) and IF he's available in the later rounds ... I'd keep C.J. Prosise in mind. He showed last year that when he was healthy, he can be EXPLOSIVE. He was a receiver at Notre Dame before they switched him over to RB, so he literally is a dual receiving/running threat. He's got very good receiving skills. Prosise just has a bit of an extra gear that the other RB's on this roster don't have.

Thomas Rawls would be the guy I would certainly target, as he's probably going to get the lion's share of the carries after Lacy. The Seahawks like to throw to their backs, so Rawls would be the guy (again, if he's healthy -- and he should be, as all we've heard is he's playing in this game). He's a lot like Carson style-wise -- very physical, shifty runner who is also a good receiver coming out of the backfield as well.
OK thanks. Carson is the only guy available in our league.... Seems too crowded for now to add him to my lineup.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
ptisme":ropcj1f9 said:
Hawkscanner":ropcj1f9 said:
ptisme":ropcj1f9 said:

OK thanks. Carson is the only guy available in our league.... Seems too crowded for now to add him to my lineup.

If Carson's available -- nab him now. He's not the starter YET ... but I'm predicting by the end of the season, he will be (or he will be getting a significant amount of carries/game). What you see on that Youtube Highlight reel is who he's been in the Preseason. We'll see if that translates into the regular season, but I can't imagine it wouldn't. As I said, the dude is a flat out stud. Pete Carroll absolutely fell in love with the guy during the Pre-Draft process ... and most of us have a serious man crush on him as well. Chris Carson is a young guy to definitely be keeping an eye on.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Just FYI for anyone's who's interested ... Hawkblogger (Brian Nemhauser) is on LIVE right now with Aaron Nagler (a Packer's fan and expert) to preview this upcoming game. Good stuff so far ...

https://youtu.be/GTbbOqwvzow

Edit to Add:

For those who are interested, here is the replay of Brian Nemhauser's HawkTalk podcast with Aaron Nagler (from PackerNews.com). It was a REALLY good and insightful discussion. So, if you're looking for detailed info on the Packers, you will more than get your fill ...
[Conversation with Aaron Nagler starts around 19:45 or so]
[youtube]GTbbOqwvzow[/youtube]

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ptisme":2ghl7n84 said:
This game depends entirely on Green Bay's offensive line. If the starting five are in there (assuming Bulaga is healthy) I don't see any defense putting a ton of pressure on Rodgers. However if even ONE GB Olinemen gets hurt, then Seattle defense will feast. Green Bay's backups failed to become serviceable this off season. Barring Oline injury Green Bay will not be beat in Lambeau with a healthy squad.
Sooooo you believe your starting O-line is the best in the league. Alrighty.

adeltaY

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":y295p7jp said:
ptisme":y295p7jp said:
This game depends entirely on Green Bay's offensive line. If the starting five are in there (assuming Bulaga is healthy) I don't see any defense putting a ton of pressure on Rodgers. However if even ONE GB Olinemen gets hurt, then Seattle defense will feast. Green Bay's backups failed to become serviceable this off season. Barring Oline injury Green Bay will not be beat in Lambeau with a healthy squad.

That's not exactly what he meant, but I'd actually say they were the best pass protecting line in the league last year. Check out highlights against us and the Giants, both of whom boast great DL, and you'll see how great they were. The main change is Evans for Lang. Even with a small dropoff, it'll still be at least a top 5 unit in pass pro.

I think what PT was getting at is that not only is the line excellent, Rodgers is a master at manipulating the rush with his movements in the pocket. He's really in sync with his OL and they help each other out in pass pro. Also, Rodgers is pretty mobile outside the pocket, similar to Russ.

Note that they aren't at the same level in run blocking. They're still good, but not elite like they are in pass blocking. I think run blocking is the area where the loss of the Lang/Sitton combo hurts them the most.

ptisme

Reaction score
adeltaY":3bj0h0ne said:
RolandDeschain":3bj0h0ne said:
ptisme":3bj0h0ne said:

That's not exactly what he meant, but I'd actually say they were the best pass protecting line in the league last year. Check out highlights against us and the Giants, both of whom boast great DL, and you'll see how great they were. The main change is Evans for Lang. Even with a small dropoff, it'll still be at least a top 5 unit in pass pro.

I think what PT was getting at is that not only is the line excellent, Rodgers is a master at manipulating the rush with his movements in the pocket. He's really in sync with his OL and they help each other out in pass pro. Also, Rodgers is pretty mobile outside the pocket, similar to Russ.

Note that they aren't at the same level in run blocking. They're still good, but not elite like they are in pass blocking. I think run blocking is the area where the loss of the Lang/Sitton combo hurts them the most.
This. And they aren't elite run blocking. In fact I don't see them opening many holes Sunday. Now if Bulaga is out or can't finish the game it's going to get ugly real quick.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
ptisme":1lomgq2y said:
adeltaY":1lomgq2y said:
RolandDeschain":1lomgq2y said:
ptisme":1lomgq2y said:

This. And they aren't elite run blocking. In fact I don't see them opening many holes Sunday. Now if Bulaga is out or can't finish the game it's going to get ugly real quick.

Take this FWIW (in other words, it could be a pretty small grain of salt), but Aaron Nagler (who was a guest on Real Hawk Talk [see my previous post above] ) said that he honestly felt that Bulaga is going to miss this game. From the reports he's hearing, his chances of playing on Sunday aren't too promising. So, if Bulaga doesn't play, I think that could be a significant factor.

The other real key factor IMO is the addition of Sheldon Richardson. Honestly, the Seahawks have not had an interior pass rusher quite like this probably since the days of Cortez Kennedy. He is a dominant force inside, as he is just able to cause so much disruption, mess up blocking schemes, and put pressure on QB's right up the gut. For as great as this Seahawks defense has been, that's the one true piece that's been missing. They have been looking for that guy and they may have just found him.

Part of what makes Aaron Rodgers so great and so deadly is Rodgers' mobility. Green Bay's sacks allowed in many ways are going to mirror Seattle's because Rodgers is a lot like Russell Wilson in that he's deadliest on the run. He likes to get outside the pocket and create on the fly. Now with the addition of Richardson, I'm wondering how that affects this game, as he is going to be facing a "Death Row" (Michael Bennett's new name he's coined for their D-Line) of Richardson, Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Frank Clark, and a host of other pretty good pass rushers. I'm wondering if Richardson's addition is going to end up messing up a lot of what Rodgers likes to do because he and that group are just go danged fast and disruptive. I dunno. Just thinking out loud here. We'll see.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Question for you (or for any Packers fan who's lurking out there) ...

We've been focusing a lot of our discussion on the Packers Offense vs. the Seahawks Defense. Let's flip to the other side of the ball. Can you guys tell me, what have been seeing from this Packers Defense? Give me your overall assessment. Love to hear a detailed breakdown of your guys' thoughts on this 2017 Packers Defense.

Latest posts