This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Chippewa Falls-12":wzjyx475 said:
Hello my fellow 12s. First time poster here to the forum. I have been waiting for this game all year. Yes as you can see by my name, I live in enemy territory. I will be wearing my 37 Alexander jersey around Chippewa Falls that day with pride. Yes my co workers are talking smack, I remind them who won the Super Bowl. Ahhh, silence is golden. Oh almost forgot, my fiance is a die hard Packers fan.

Welcome to the nut house friend. Always good to hear from fellow twelves who live in enemy territory.

dutchman063

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":emg0t1v8 said:
Yep... the typical.

Stop Lynch and it's a win.

The Packers are much improved since the last meeting (But the Hawks aren't)

They actually won the last game, two years ago. So with real refs it's a win.

Lacy will run all over us (reference to the last preseason game lol)

Revenge is a dish served cold, the Hawks fans should be scared.

And my favorite, "we should win the game".

Fairly typical..

Oh... and if the Hawk trolls think otherwise it is just because they are arrogant homers overlooking the awesomeness of the Pack.

How is that different than any other home teams message board before any big game?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
dutchman063":1vi9rqzk said:
loafoftatupu":1vi9rqzk said:
Yep... the typical.

Fairly typical..

Oh... and if the Hawk trolls think otherwise it is just because they are arrogant homers overlooking the awesomeness of the Pack.

How is that different than any other home teams message board before any big game?

That was his point.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1cxb4x6x said:
dutchman063":1cxb4x6x said:
loafoftatupu":1cxb4x6x said:
Yep... the typical.

Fairly typical..

That was his point.
Exactly. They all say the same things, they have actually been doing it since the 2012 season. They say it and more often than not by a large margin they end up with the sour grapes afterwards. They talk about cheating, PEDs and refs. Because there is just no way that their favorite team could lose otherwise.
Hey, sometimes they are right. Just not usually. This Green Bay team could be trouble, but I think that it is ultimately more about what the Hawks do than it is GB. The Seahawks offense with Harvin, Lynch, Wilson, Baldwin, Kearse and Miller is something that the Packers haven't ever experienced, but neither is the defense with Bennett, Avril and a secondary that would love some chances.

bowzerbird

Reaction score
The green bay packers.

HA!
More like the green bay pickers [they'll be picken' their noses afterwards wundrin' where they went wrong]

Ellen

PackerNation

Reaction score
A word from the enemy and vaunted foe:

This Thursday should be an interesting game. The Seahawks boast the top ranked defense and an offense that will feature a healthy Percy Harvin. Factor in the "12th Man" and the hardest stadium in the NFL to play in for visiting teams and the Seahawks should be brimming with confidence.

But the Packers have the best QB in the NFL, a rejuvenated offensive line and a power running game featuring Eddie Lacy. The Packers offense is among the best in the NFL and our defense is a step up from the past few years.

IMO, this game will come down to how effective the Seahawks are against the Packers running game and the battle of turnovers. If Green Bay can grab the early lead and force Wilson to have to throw a lot, Green Bay stands a great chance of pulling out a victory.

If, on the other hand, the Seahawks can stuff the run and force Green Bay into 3rd and long situations, the Seahawks could rack up some good sack numbers again and get off the field.

I hope after this game we both come away with no injuries and a sour taste from horrid officiating. I'll call it now:

Packers: 28
Hawks: 27

Good luck Thursday night and for the rest of the season! I can't wait to get the 2014 season underway! All the best to your Seahawks and remember, we will be seeing each other again in the playoffs! Good luck!

Packer fans across America.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3j0zi5k3 said:
If the Packers score 28 points I'll crap in my own shoes.

Our offense will be the best in the NFL this year! Only our defense will keep us from going to the big dance and winning it all. Unless we see vats improvements!

Good luck Seahawk fans! The two best teams in the NFL square off in week 1!

chris98251

Reaction score
No nose tackle, rookie Center in the house that creates the highest false start penalties in the league against the best defense in the league last year. Lacy is a nice back, but he isn't quick and shifty and is a easy target to bring down if tackled with good technique, which we do.

I expect to us to punch the receivers for the Packers in the mouth and see how they take it. Get into their heads and Rodgers is throwing picks and the score goes up fast.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
PackerNation":lr2f55uy said:
Zebulon Dak":lr2f55uy said:

Our offense will be the best in the NFL this year! Only our defense will keep us from going to the big dance and winning it all. Unless we see vats improvements!

Green Bay is good, very good but I see us and New Orleans as better and San Francisco as your kryptonite.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2fv5axkg said:
PackerNation":2fv5axkg said:
Zebulon Dak":2fv5axkg said:

Green Bay is good, very good but I see us and New Orleans as better and San Francisco as your kryptonite.

I understand your guys confidence, but you guys do not have a better offense than we do. Better D...yes. Better offense...no way. We have a top ten running back(most experts put Lacy around fifth), and we have one of the deepest backfields in the NFL. We have one of the best O-lines in the NFL. We have very deep receivers, and a young tight end that looks great. We also have Aaron Rodgers. So, you guys may win this game, but our offense is better, and it's possible that this year they could really show how good they are(if they can stay healthy). Look at the Packers new no huddle offense. It has worked well so far. 2 straight scoring rives vs. the Rams. When Rodgers left in the second quarter against Oakland the Packers were on pace for 97 plays ran by the O. I honestly believe that if we played the niners right now we would win. They are having so many problems at the moment. This could be the year they begin to decline(just my opinion).

Heart prediction
Packers 27
Seahawks 24

Head Prediction
Seahawks 30
Packers 27

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The Packers could well post 28 points.

Half of them will be from garbage time after Seattle drops 40+ on GB's awful defense.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Packers are soft. If this game is even close it'll be because we just don't get up for it. Either way we win going away.

LaSeeno

Reaction score
Th Green Bay is more than capable of pulling out a win, Hawks fans should be a tad bit concerned. The Packer's should not be taken lightly; especially with this being the best Packer team in quite some time. Top to bottom this team is better than the most recent SB year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LaSeeno":1xv6n0tq said:
Th Green Bay is more than capable of pulling out a win, Hawks fans should be a tad bit concerned. The Packer's should not be taken lightly; especially with this being the best Packer team in quite some time. Top to bottom this team is better than the most recent SB year.
....and you know this how? Looks like a lot of wishful thinking on your part, kind of like the Denver fans before the Super Bowl.

LaSeeno

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2s1ry8m2 said:
LaSeeno":2s1ry8m2 said:
....and you know this how? Looks like a lot of wishful thinking on your part, kind of like the Denver fans before the Super Bowl.

How do I know this years Packers is a better team than their most recent SB team?

1. Rodgers is better now than he was then.
2. There is a good stable of backs. Lacy, Harris, and Starks in that order.
3. The front seven as a unit is much better.
4. Cobb is better than Jennings was.

Look, it's pretty obvious that the Hawlks are the favorite and they should be. But to act as if this game is already over or there is not a chance for the Packers to win is just arrogant. Green Bay on paper should be a top 4 team in the NFC and they are definitely planning on playing like it this Thursday.

I can't wait, my flight leaves in 90 minutes so I should be touching down around 7 AM :)

:thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs: :2:

MLT

Reaction score
Let's compare then packer backer. You have a supposed top 5 running back? Well he needs to follow up a rookie season 1st to even crack top 5! Anyway hawks have the 2nd best back and most consistent in the league the last 3 years! You have a top 5 qb, we have a top 10! Aggghh defense Hmmmm I would say your top 20 and 15 @ best! Hawks are top defense until someone proves otherwise! And finally the one thing you forgot to mention which will be a big factor this game is special teams! Oh and any mention of a hurry up offense is good to hear! 12th man can take care of that! Lol! Let's see how your rookie center does!

PackerNation

Reaction score
chris98251":2v4cnsgm said:
No nose tackle, rookie Center in the house that creates the highest false start penalties in the league against the best defense in the league last year. Lacy is a nice back, but he isn't quick and shifty and is a easy target to bring down if tackled with good technique, which we do.

I expect to us to punch the receivers for the Packers in the mouth and see how they take it. Get into their heads and Rodgers is throwing picks and the score goes up fast.

Our back up NT will be just fine. We don't have much drop off between him and Raji who was lost for the year. We will have to see what Capers has dialed up to stop Lynch and the rest of the offense. Clay is healthy and looks to be on par for another Pro Bowl season.

To be honest, our rookie starting Center (Linsley) is actually the back up to our other rookie starting Center (Tretter) who will miss the first 4-6 weeks with a bruised knee. He will have to step up in a big way. The good news for us is that he is a big, strong kid and looks to have a pretty bright future in Green Bay. Smart too. He may just surprise a few people.

Your DB's are tough and I expect a lot of contact. I also suspect the refs will stifle your aggressiveness with a lot of flags. The league wants more scoring and doesn't want WR's to be touched. This may play right into Green Bays strength of small and fast WR's that can gain separation with the best of them.

One thing is for sure, it should be a pretty good game.

Latest posts