This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Indianapolis Colts

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
What if that was the upper management's plan all along for a scapegoat :twisted:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I see a pattern of fans giving too much credit to the stats and "look" of certain highlights in the previous games. Niner fans did it, Houston fans did it but admittedly picked the Hawks to win in many cases.

The Hawks have played 3 of the better defenses in the league, 2 of those on the road and somehow came out on top. Folks just don't seem to get it, the Hawks can play with any kind of team in any kind of game and win in spite of the opponent's strengths. I get it, Indy is a good team, they are actually quite balanced, but some are thinking that this is going to be a blowout or that Luck is going to hang 30 on this defense.

Hey, maybe they do.. it is a 10AM PST road game against a solid team, but highly unlikely. If a team is going to beat the Hawks, they are going to have to play full throttle for a full 4 quarters. In Houston, the Hawks were still down 20-3 with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. They never once looked panicked as they methodically evened the game on a perfectly executed defensive play.

It comes down to RWs composure and preparation. The guy can do everything and doesn't quit looking for the vulnerability. The Colts can try to simulate the Texans front 7 and will try, but they aren't the Texans front 7 and RW will find some weakness to exploit. The worse thing that could happen to Indy was the Hawks winning in Houston. Rather than coming in over confident or arrogant, the Hawks know they can win these early road games. Mathis is a great player, but he is nothing like JJ Watt.

Oh and Luck? Has he ever seen a secondary like the LOB? I expect 2 big turnovers in this game. Regardless of his reduced INTs. I think the Hawks win another close one with more yards on the ground.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
Coltsfan Denmark":204nv05p said:
Hello Seahawks fans

Im a Colts fan from Denmark, and first of all, I would like to say, that I really look forward to the game against your team on sunday, like was it a super bowl. Because it will be a very good and exciting game to watch for everyone, no matter the outcome. I hope the colts win, no surprise there, but your team is really playing some darn good football, and I have you going to the Super Bowl, if you nail home-field advantage through the Playoff.

The game on sunday, well it´s a 50/50 game as I see it, and not a 80/20 game, as if it was played in Seattle, where you are ridiculous and scary good.

Those colts fans who believe it will be a game where we put 30+ point on the board, might be wrong, but no matter if its a high or low scoring game, I think it will all come down to the last possession, and hopefully we manage to pull a win.

Ever since I started to follow NFL on Danish TV, I actually always have liked you team, and felt sorry for you, when you lost the Super Bowl, but off course in this game I cheer for the colts.

My question for you guys, is not so much about sundays game, but more about how you see your chances this year going forward and possible chances for a super bowl.
I know you really have a great team, and a young future franchise QB i Russel "last name" Wilson, but do you think he can take you all the way this year when facing Peyton Manning or Brady in the Superbowl?
I would say no not yet, because I don´t think that he can put enough points on the board against either Denver or New England in a Super bowl, but again defense wins championships, so it´s possible.

I hope you can tell me what you think, with more than a "yes, off course he can" answer.

Thorsten Kudahl Kristensen, Denmark

yes, of course he can. :D

The key to these games is our defense. Our defense should be able to keep these teams from putting up 30-40 points, so we don't have to engage in a shootout. We can very easily put up 20 some points, and with the midseason addition of Percy Harvin, who knows what our offense will look like. We aren't an offensive team right now. With the limits to our offense, I feel like the main criticism is on the o-line and the receivers. Periodically, our WRs will struggle to get open, and our o-line struggles to provide Wilson with adequate time to go through his progressions.

I actually like our matchup against NE, and should win quite easily. The Legion of Boom will beat Tom Brady's receivers 9 out of ten times, and Wilson should score enough points for us to win. Denver is a different story, and quite an intriguing matchup. Peyton Manning vs the Legion of Boom. The key to that is the pass rush, keep Manning out of a rhythm, and take advantage.

Offensively, if our defense can't stop anyone, I don't think we can beat those teams with any consistency. But if our defense is playing well, holds teams to at a most, mid twenties, we can score enough points to beat them.

CaptBennett

Reaction score
The only thing I agree with is them running the ball through us. I think that may be a concern.

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
Coltsfan Denmark":1my9ey3t said:
Hello Seahawks fans

My question for you guys, is not so much about sundays game, but more about how you see your chances this year going forward and possible chances for a super bowl.
I know you really have a great team, and a young future franchise QB i Russel "last name" Wilson, but do you think he can take you all the way this year when facing Peyton Manning or Brady in the Superbowl?
I would say no not yet, because I don´t think that he can put enough points on the board against either Denver or New England in a Super bowl, but again defense wins championships, so it´s possible.

I hope you can tell me what you think, with more than a "yes, off course he can" answer.

Thorsten Kudahl Kristensen, Denmark

Yes of course we can! :D

The way to beat the Broncos is to run the ball and let Peyton help wear out his D (His hurry up style will do just that). Make them drive all the down the field. That's what we do best as a team run the ball, wear you out, and make you make mistakes. The Eagles had sucess in the first half because Denver only had the ball for three Drives. You will know after this game why we wouldn't trade Wilson for anyone. Admittly I haven't watched Luck a lot so I'm sure I've missed some great plays made by him. Russell just has a way of getting it done. So if we are lucky enough to make it to the Superb owl I have all the confidence in the wolrd we can beat which ever team is put in front of us. Why? Because we have A smashmouth team on both sides of the ball that will wear down the other team, take control in the 4th quater, and Russell will make the big plays when the time comes.

Go Hawks!

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":14zldb2d said:
The guy is a brand new poster, and does not represent the veteran posters here at .Net. I seriously couldn't imagine any "Professional" sports team ever purposely "tanking" anything. That would go against the very fiber of every player with the moxie to actually make it to the pro ranks. Can you imagine that coach's pep talk? "Ok guys, for Christ's sake, don't block them! Let them score at will! And if I see one of you get a sack, you're OFF THE TEAM! We need that number 1 pick man!" Sounds pretty stupid huh? Do you really think all 53 players would keep their mouths shut after being asked to lose a game? It's BS, so STFU!

Respectfully, just because I'm new to posting here, I don't believe I need to "STFU" if I don't support the opinion of veteran posters here at .net - mods please correct me if I am wrong. No matter how stupid you try to make my opinion sound, it's an opinion that is shared by others.

Colt management went into that season knowing Manning wasn't going to play and that his career could very likely be over. They also knew the incoming class of QB's was stellar with Luck topping that list. Did they make a play for any of the QB free agents that year to make another run at the playoffs? Not that any of them are terrific (in hindsight) but Matt Flynn, Vince Young, Chad Henne, Jason Campbell, among others were available yet Indy didn't think they'd be an upgrade over Curtis Painter?? Oh wait, Colts management signed Kerry Collins out of retirement just in case Curtis Painter didn't cut it... Is the opinion really that far-fetched?

peytonmanning18

Reaction score
Goodwin Seahawk":34zxiswz said:
BlueThunder":34zxiswz said:
The guy is a brand new poster, and does not represent the veteran posters here at .Net. I seriously couldn't imagine any "Professional" sports team ever purposely "tanking" anything. That would go against the very fiber of every player with the moxie to actually make it to the pro ranks. Can you imagine that coach's pep talk? "Ok guys, for Christ's sake, don't block them! Let them score at will! And if I see one of you get a sack, you're OFF THE TEAM! We need that number 1 pick man!" Sounds pretty stupid huh? Do you really think all 53 players would keep their mouths shut after being asked to lose a game? It's BS, so STFU!

Respectfully, just because I'm new to posting here, I don't believe I need to "STFU" if I don't support the opinion of veteran posters here at .net - mods please correct me if I am wrong. No matter how stupid you try to make my opinion sound, it's an opinion that is shared by others.

Colt management went into that season knowing Manning wasn't going to play and that his career could very likely be over. They also knew the incoming class of QB's was stellar with Luck topping that list. Did they make a play for any of the QB free agents that year to make another run at the playoffs? Not that any of them are terrific (in hindsight) but Matt Flynn, Vince Young, Chad Henne, Jason Campbell, among others were available yet Indy didn't think they'd be an upgrade over Curtis Painter?? Oh wait, Colts management signed Kerry Collins out of retirement just in case Curtis Painter didn't cut it... Is the opinion really that far-fetched?

So then are you saying that Bill Polian, Chris Polian, and Jim Caldwell decided that it would be worth it to get fired for the "good of the Colts" ?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think the more obvious explanation is that without Peyton Mannings quick release, that suck Colts offensive line showed what it was. The suck running game showed what it was. An undersized defense lost all it's tackles, and seeing as it was built to pressure opposing QBs when the Colts played with a lead, it was exposed as a one dimensional D.

Bill Polian won executive of the year a ton of times, and he should have won it once. The year he fell into Manning(should any exec ever get the award for selecting a no brainer QB with the first pick though?). Myself and many of my friends said for years that Manning was a great player on an average team. Brady goes down, the Pats win 11. Manning goes down, the Colts win 2.

Besides, Polian was one of the guys who said Wilson's upside was backup, and it was a wasted pick in the 3rd. Suck it, Polian.

Did the coaching staff tank? Absolutely not. Did management have to IR every single Colt than got a hang nail? I doubt it. When the obvious became obvious, they set their minds on Luck. Call it what you want.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Goodwin Seahawk":lvuhpt1i said:
BlueThunder":lvuhpt1i said:

Yes. Yes it is.

Remember, they didn't have Manning on IR right off the bat. In fact, they didn't place him on IR until December. They hoped and hoped and hoped that he'd be able to return.

Still, the reason Polian went with Kerry Collins is because he was the guy who drafted Collins with Carolina. He felt that Collins was a better option than all those other bottom rung options you mentioned, in part because he was familiar with him.

Polian deserves a ton of blame for his mismanagement of the Colts and lack of a Plan B. He built the entire team around a transcendent player in Manning and then never considered what might go down should Manning be unable to go. The coaching staff was essentially cardboard cutouts... Manning WAS that Colts team. When you build every piece of your team on the premise that you'll have one of the best QBs of all-time running things, with a defense built to play with a lead and an O-line you can skimp on because you're funneling so much money to the QB, and no run game because why bother... that's mismanagement, but it doesn't show up until that all-time QB doesn't show up.

razgriz737

Reaction score
BlueThunder":l7hju6fh said:
Post count is meaningless. New posters' opinions are just as legitimate as longtime posters'. And let's be honest, there were plenty of posters last year who thought the Colts tanked the season, including "veteran posters". I don't agree with his point either, but we don't need to be elitist about it.

Sac

Reaction score
razgriz737":1kmqn24z said:
BlueThunder":1kmqn24z said:
Post count is meaningless. New posters' opinions are just as legitimate as longtime posters'. And let's be honest, there were plenty of posters last year who thought the Colts tanked the season, including "veteran posters". I don't agree with his point either, but we don't need to be elitist about it.

Exactly. Post count IS meaningless. I still regularly post idiotic things myself.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
There were posters here willing to Suck for Luck.

The keys to a Colts victory:

1. Establish the run.

2. Exploit mismatches with the Hawks LB'ers on short routes and well timed screen passes.

3. Keep the pocket from collapsing on Luck.

4. Stop Lynch.

I won't add stop Wilson because if you can't stop Lynch, there's no stopping Wilson. hmmm added it anyhow....

Dating back to last year, this team has not lost a game by more than 1 score. A blowout by the Colts is very unlikely. I like our chances. Hawks 24-17

Scottemojo

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":24xgvsnu said:
There were posters here willing to Suck for Luck.

The keys to a Colts victory:

1. Establish the run.

2. Exploit mismatches with the Hawks LB'ers on short routes and well timed screen passes.

3. Keep the pocket from collapsing on Luck.

4. Stop Lynch.

I won't add stop Wilson because if you can't stop Lynch, there's no stopping Wilson. hmmm added it anyhow....

Dating back to last year, this team has not lost a game by more than 1 score. A blowout by the Colts is very unlikely. I like our chances. Hawks 24-17
I think that streak goes back to 2011, actually.

Password is Taco

Reaction score
My take is that the Hawks lose this game. I thought they would lose to Houston as well and they would have if it weren't for Matt Schaub.
Through the first 3 games, you guys had yet to play any team with true talent. Struggled in Carolina and likely were to lose that game if it wasn't for Williams red-zone fumble. Sf - way overrated and nowhere near the team they were last year, and the Jags - no comment necessary other than you let their WR1 go for 140 yards. Both home games.
So you roll into Houston to face a talented D and an offense with good RB/WR/TE and proceed to get rolled. Your #1 defense was on pace to give up 640yds of offense. You managed to pull out the W thanks to Kubiak's lack of a game plan for the 2nd-half, and that idiot QB, but a W nonetheless on the road. And a helluva game to watch for fans of good football.
I think you're going to have the same problems in Indy, without the M. Schaub factor of a bad turnover at any given moment. I honestly didn't think you'd win one of these 2 games, but even going 1-1 on the road to 2 good teams is an accomplishment. Should be another great game.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Goodwin Seahawk":1k9ffwmr said:

Ok Goodwin Seahawk, I apologize for the STFU thing. I broke my rule of not posting when I've maybe had one too many. But I still can't imagine 53 professional football players swallowing their pride and intentionally tanking an entire season. To get to the level that they have achieved, they've had the mantra that winning is everything pounded into their heads their entire football lives. I just can't imagine more than maybe a couple unscrupulous players getting on board with that. It defies logic to me, especially when many if not most of them wouldn't even be on the team anymore by the time Luck got enough experience to bear the fruit of that sacrifice. So once again, sorry 'bout that, but I still stick with my opinion on it... That it's a pretty far-fetched theory.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Password is Taco":v3565ug9 said:
My take is that the Hawks lose this game. I thought they would lose to Houston as well and they would have if it weren't for Matt Schaub.
Through the first 3 games, you guys had yet to play any team with true talent. Struggled in Carolina and likely were to lose that game if it wasn't for Williams red-zone fumble. Sf - way overrated and nowhere near the team they were last year, and the Jags - no comment necessary other than you let their WR1 go for 140 yards. Both home games.
So you roll into Houston to face a talented D and an offense with good RB/WR/TE and proceed to get rolled. Your #1 defense was on pace to give up 640yds of offense. You managed to pull out the W thanks to Kubiak's lack of a game plan for the 2nd-half, and that idiot QB, but a W nonetheless on the road. And a helluva game to watch for fans of good football.
I think you're going to have the same problems in Indy, without the M. Schaub factor of a bad turnover at any given moment. I honestly didn't think you'd win one of these 2 games, but even going 1-1 on the road to 2 good teams is an accomplishment. Should be another great game.

Ya man I mean this seahawks team just sucks doesn't it? Forget that our first game of the season was at 10 am PT in the drenching humidity against a good front seven and a QB who's set NFL records. Forget that the Williams fumble was forced by a player (ET) who never gave up on the play which embodies what this team is all about.

Forget that the Jags game was played after what was at the time a huge division game against a more that serviceable 9ers team. And I'm guessing you didn't watch the hawks/jags game but one of their TDs was scored due too great field position due to a tipped INT.

Your an opposing fan, so it makes sense you would only try and see the weaknesses of your next opponent to make you feel better about your possibility to win. But your not gonna win this game, I'm sorry. By the way it's not like Indy has been playing world beaters by any means your opponents have been very average. You lost to the Dolphins lol

camdawg

Reaction score
Password is Taco":ibletrl0 said:

The only thing that saves us in this matchup is the lack of talent on the Colts. :p

Colts_87

Reaction score
camdawg":il2eztxa said:
Password is Taco":il2eztxa said:

The only thing that saves us in this matchup is the lack of talent on the Colts. :p

Amazing analysis there, your explanation on that statement was outstanding. :roll: I had no idea Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, Andrew Luck were talent-less. My God thank you for informing me

But your not gonna win this game, I'm sorry.

Knock on wood.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Colts_87":2z3fdpvu said:
camdawg":2z3fdpvu said:
Password is Taco":2z3fdpvu said:

Amazing analysis there, your explanation on that statement was outstanding. :roll: I had no idea Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, Andrew Luck were talent-less. My God thank you for informing me

Lol...it was sarcastic reply to a troll attempt/intent to insinuate argument.

Colts_87

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1yzzshoa said:
Colts_87":1yzzshoa said:
camdawg":1yzzshoa said:
Password is Taco":1yzzshoa said:

Lol...it was sarcastic reply to a troll attempt/intent to insinuate argument.

Damn, I almost believed it too lol :141847_bnono: