This Years Playoffs....blah...

Rob12

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":304lw0os said:
Rob12":304lw0os said:
Come on FalconsFanNW, there's no need to get pissy just because someone opines that your team will lose. He wasn't even disrespectful. That's not a good look. At all.

I am rooting for you guys, but it's a tough road to hoe. Brady was dead accurate on 36 of 39 throws today. He's not going to lie down. It really doesn't matter who NE beat this year. It only matters that you beat who is on your schedule. And they did, winning 14 games. They just kicked the shit out of the Steelers, and Brady dominated them without Gronk. This is a franchise that knows how to win with arguably the best QB ever playing at an insanely high level. It should not surprise you at all or illicit a response like yours above when someone predicts you to lose this game.

But really, who they played means absolutely nothing right now - for you or them (and especially for them considering their past success). SB 51 will be 60 minutes of hopefully highly entertaining and competitive football. Two QB's playing at a very high level. That's it. It comes down to 60 minutes on that day, and nothing else means shit. All we heard leading up to SB 48 was how the greatest offense ever assembled was going to annihilate us, and we saw how that worked out.

Personally, this game is a toss up for me, but go Falcons.

I'm not pissy. I'm actually smiling because we are in the Super Bowl.

The media is going to hump the Patriots leg for the next 2 weeks... just like they humped Rodgers leg this week... and the "Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs" all of the previous week. It's cool. We've been disrespected all season and it's not gonna change till we bring home the Lombardi. I get it.

As for the Patriots... I've got tons of respect for the Pats and what Brady has done. At the same time all I'm doing is pointing out the obvious here. You're right they only played the teams on their schedule... and it was a schedule full of garbage QBs other than Wilson and Ben... that's not homerism, that's the truth.

So yeah... I'd call their top ranked scoring defense a bit overrated. They most definitely aren't the 2013 Seahawks. They are the top scoring defense because they faced a schedule full of garbage QBs with weak offenses. The one good QB they faced in the regular season (Wilson) beat them. They haven't faced an offense anywhere near the caliber of Atlanta.

Not even close.

That being said, I think it's gonna be a helluva game... that the Falcons can win if they play their game.

RolandDeschain":304lw0os said:
Come on FalconsFanNW, there's no need to get pissy just because someone opines that your team will lose. He wasn't even disrespectful. That's not a good look. At all.
Disagree; the week-old poster he's replying to is asking for it.

It's all good man... I'm just defending my team.

Saw a post over on NFL.com just now directed towards a Pats fan...

Atlanta is kicking the sh!t out of them. Not at all impressed by New England tonight, and obviously not last week. Meanwhile, Atlanta has to treat 2 playoff teams like the bottom of the NFL West and not run up the score. Mercy kills. New England is a dynasty already, but, as Atlanta proved today, QB alone isn't enough. Patriots aren't near as good at all 22 starting positions. Go ahead, talk about how good the Patriots D is. I'll tell you to look at who you've played, and then point you in the direction of the most underrated defense in the league. The one you play in 2 weeks. Falcons all day. It's our year.

#RISEUP

Maybe I just haven't been around enough, but what the hell did he say that could be construed as disrespectful?

I think he should just give his definition of "schooled"... Considering Atlanta lost by 1,2,3,7 and 9 points this season.

What is "schooled?" Hasn't happened yet this season so I'm curious.

Fair enough my man. Go Falcons. I'd love to see Quinn and the Falcons win this thing and think they are fully capable of doing so. Actually, it'd be bad ass to see the Falcons hang a 50 burger on them.

Rob12

Reaction score
Josea16":2ussv0ie said:
FalconsFanNW":2ussv0ie said:
Josea16":2ussv0ie said:
Look I said statistics matter little when Bill and Tommy are involved when it's a Superbowl. They will do something Atlanta has never seen while taking your best and favorite options away. That isn't opinion it's fact. And with two weeks of preparation time they have a history of having special performances out unexpected players.

Can't wait...

I've already heard Pats fans talking about taking away Julio like they took away Brown.

The Falcons won 5 games this year when Julio had less than 60 yards and 2 games he didn't even play. That's what's great about the 2016 Falcons... in previous years our offense was all about Julio. This year not so much. We've got Sanu, Gabriel, Hooper... Freeman... Coleman...

Belichick isn't taking away all our weapons. That's what's gonna make it an amazing Super Bowl. Belichick is the GOAT and so is Brady...

... and beating them would be the crowning achievement in Atlanta sports history. Don't say it can't happen... because it most definitely can. Eli Manning did it twice.

It's gonna be a long 2 weeks...
Keep thinking that way. I have no dog in this hunt so why would you care what I think? I won't apologize for not drinking the Falcon koolaid so your bluster is going towards the wrong audience. I'm far more interested in seeing what the Seahawks do to fix the issues they had in 2016.

I wish they would fire a couple of coordinators and an OL coach but that isn't happening until Pete is gone it seems.

I'm drinking it after the beat down they gave us two weeks ago and the beating they gave the Packers today. They haven't even broke a sweat. They're more than capable of beating NE. They've ourscored their two opponents 80-41 so far in the playoffs. They are on a serious roll. Can't remember dominance like that in the playoffs in the NFC in a long time.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Josea16":sqqs6gt0 said:
Keep thinking that way. I have no dog in this hunt so why would you care what I think? I won't apologize for not drinking the Falcon koolaid so your bluster is going towards the wrong audience.

I don't care what you think.

I'm just amazed that you're humping the leg of Brady and Belichick given the recent history.

Rob12":sqqs6gt0 said:
Fair enough my man. Go Falcons. I'd love to see Quinn and the Falcons win this thing and think they are fully capable of doing so. Actually, it'd be bad ass to see the Falcons hang a 50 burger on them.

So do I. This game is totally winnable. The Pats are about to face an offense unlike anything they've ever seen this season.

Rob12":sqqs6gt0 said:
I'm drinking it after the beat down they gave us two weeks ago and the beating they gave the Packers today. They haven't even broke a sweat. They're more than capable of beating NE. They've ourscored their two opponents 80-41 so far in the playoffs. They are on a serious roll. Can't remember dominance like that in the playoffs in the NFC in a long time.

Pass me some of that koolaid will ya? :mrgreen:

Not sure what the Pats fans are drinking but I just hopped over there and their fans are mighty confident.

New England has the best defense in the league and an offense equal to the Falcons.

Pats will win this game, comfortably I believe.

Gonna be a great game no doubt... but anyone who crowns the Pats based on their history and their #1 scoring defense when they played a schedule full of garbage QBs (other than Wilson) with weak offenses is going to be in for a rude awakening in 2 weeks.

Atlanta hasn't been beaten "comfortably" all season... and we are on a roll. No reason for me not to be confident that we bring home the Lombardi.

Josea16

Reaction score
Just like the 16-0 Patriots. Seems the Giants never drank the koolaid either. :mrgreen:

And the Patriots are known to pull off shocking results when there's no logical way they should by most people.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Josea16":2652dg6h said:
Just like the 16-0 Patriots. Seems the Giants never drank the koolaid either. :mrgreen:

And the Patriots are known to pull off shocking results when there's no logical way they should by most people.

Ok?

What shocking results are you talking about? Every Super Bowl they've been in under Belichick has been decided by 4 points or less... and they "shocked" the world twice by losing to the Giants.

So yeah... tell me more about how a team that lost 5 games by a COMBINED 22 pts this season is gonna get "schooled" by the Pats.

I'll wait.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":224baasf said:
One thing that does sting a bit right now is knowing that the Seahawks beat both teams playing in the Super Bowl this year.

God, I hope we get rid of Bevell. :(
Hmmm Bevell was the OC for those games too. Guess that part gets lost in translation, just like Pete's direct message to the uninformed fans that Bevell does a great job and he'll obviously be back next season.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It has been a while since I've seen someone so adamantly demonstrate the old adage "ignorance is bliss," Siouxhawk.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Oh Roland, not ignorant, just want to stand behind my belief that we will win another Super Bowl in the next three years with the coaching staff we have currently assembled. Being back to the first cold-weather venue since 48 next year would be a fine place to start.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2stmgcre said:
I'll wait.

Pats are 3 point favorites...

Do you want a picture of Las Vegas to help demonstrate why that's a big deal?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Uncle Si":29iap0ka said:
FalconsFanNW":29iap0ka said:
I'll wait.

If anything that is good news for ATL.

Last year Carolina was a 5 point favorite....they lost.
Three years ago Denver was favored by 2.5 over us.....they lost.
Four years ago SF was favored by 4.5 over Baltimore.....they lost.
Five years ago NE was favored by 2.5 over NYG....they lost.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Uncle Si":16yjxxnu said:
FalconsFanNW":16yjxxnu said:
I'll wait.

Yeah... explain to me what the Pats being a 3 point favorite in Vegas has to do with them "schooling" the Falcons and I'll show you a similar spread from XLVI and an even bigger spread from XLII.

The Falcons could have won their game 50-0 and they'd still have been underdogs because the Pats are the Pats and they have all this "playoff experience" while the Falcons have none... just like the Seahawks had none in 2013... the Ravens had none in 2012... the Saints had none in 2010... the Giants had none in 2007...

Hawk-Lock":16yjxxnu said:
If anything that is good news for ATL.

Last year Carolina was a 5 point favorite....they lost.
Three years ago Denver was favored by 2.5 over us.....they lost.
Four years ago SF was favored by 4.5 over Baltimore.....they lost.
Five years ago NE was favored by 2.5 over NYG....they lost.

Yep... no reason to not be confident.

:mrgreen:

P.S.

Still waiting to hear about the "Pats are known for shocking results" cuz I'm not sure what he's talking about... unless it was the 20-17 win over the Rams.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You're adamantly defensive about your team.

But to play along, I would think the spread would give Patriots fans confidence. You'll tell us why they shouldn't be in some effort to build your own (or convince all of us who now don't really care that much). Which is a post for either the Patriots or Falcons board at this point I'd imagine.

Pats were known for digging out big winscearky in the Brady era. Those games over the Colts for example.

I think the Falcons will win. But the Pats have earned enough equity that i wouldn't be surprised if they pull it out. Vegas thinks so too

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2h86vo46 said:
You're adamantly defensive about your team.

But to play along, I would think the spread would give Patriots fans confidence. You'll tell us why they shouldn't be in some effort to build your own (or convince all of us who now don't really care that much). Which is a post for either the Patriots or Falcons board at this point I'd imagine.

Pats were known for digging out big winscearky in the Brady era. Those games over the Colts for example.

I think the Falcons will win. But the Pats have earned enough equity that i wouldn't be surprised if they pull it out. Vegas thinks so too

I've already been to the Pats boards and their fans are plenty confident... as they should be. I've seen some fans say they don't see how they stop the Falcons... and I've seen other fans say things like "we have the best defense in the NFL we win 34-17."

I try to be a realist... and to that I respond with the simple "Atlanta lost by 1,2,3,7 and 9 pts this season but they are gonna get blown out by 17 in the Super Bowl? Ok."

If that makes me defensive I apologize.

It's hard for me to pick this game. I am by no means guaranteeing victory here... I have tons of respect for Brady and Belichick. At the same time though I know what our team has done this year and how they are playing right now.

Someone here said "A XLVIII result, 40-17 Atlanta" in the NE/PIT thread. I don't know if I'd go that far... but part of me could see it happening. I could also see a 37-34 game with either team winning.

One thing I am confident in is Atlanta scoring 30+ and if they do I like their chances to win and think they will win, Atlanta and New England both had 11 turnovers for the season... best in NFL. I expect a clean close game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3kxblqjk said:
One thing I am confident in is Atlanta scoring 30+ and if they do I like their chances to win and think they will win, Atlanta and New England both had 11 turnovers for the season... best in NFL. I expect a clean close game.

You nailed it here.

Atlanta's offense is crazy rolling right now, so even though NE is playing defense well I don't think they can hold the Falcons to under 30, which IMO is what they need to do to win.

As Quinn has shown, he knows how to scheme against spread finesse offenses. Atlanta's defense won't look quite as nasty as they have at home the past two weeks, but they should be effective enough to slow down the Pat's offense.

So as of now I see this as a close 31-27 type of game. Obviously something crazy like turnovers or a special teams runback changes that. But IMO this is a good matchup for Atlanta.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1y4o87zy said:
FalconsFanNW":1y4o87zy said:

You nailed it here.

Atlanta's offense is crazy rolling right now, so even though NE is playing defense well I don't think they can hold the Falcons to under 30, which IMO is what they need to do to win.

As Quinn has shown, he knows how to scheme against spread finesse offenses. Atlanta's defense won't look quite as nasty as they have at home the past two weeks, but they should be effective enough to slow down the Pat's offense.

So as of now I see this as a close 31-27 type of game. Obviously something crazy like turnovers or a special teams runback changes that. But IMO this is a good matchup for Atlanta.

Other side of the ball is where I am intrigued. Have to figure the Pats will double Julio like they did Brown. Where does that leave Atlanta?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Uncle Si":321z2bu3 said:
Other side of the ball is where I am intrigued. Have to figure the Pats will double Julio like they did Brown. Where does that leave Atlanta?

The realist in me says in pretty good shape.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/ ... ulio-jones

5 games with less than 60 yards. 2 games DNP.

Falcons won them all.

Gabriel, Sanu and Hooper will have to step up... and Freeman/Coleman catching passes out of the backfield has been lethal too.

That's the best thing about this Atlanta offense IMO... it's no longer all about Julio and he still has breakout games with the Falcons spreading the ball around.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1tfsr98j said:
Uncle Si":1tfsr98j said:

The realist in me says in pretty good shape.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/ ... ulio-jones

5 games with less than 60 yards. 2 games DNP.

Falcons won them all.

Gabriel, Sanu and Hooper will have to step up... and Freeman/Coleman catching passes out of the backfield has been lethal too.

That's the best thing about this Atlanta offense IMO... it's no longer all about Julio and he still has breakout games with the Falcons spreading the ball around.

This has to be a much better defense than the 5 that they played when he went under 60, no? Cardinals? Panthers? Broncos? Packers? Saints?