Three Key Injuries

chet380

Reaction score
Clowney, Brown, Iupati -- w/o them this appeared to be an entirely different (and ineffective) team.

Also, the Ariz DC should get credit for the successful strategy of taking Lockkett and DK out of the game..

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Dont let this distract you from the fact regardless of the record this team has been on the decline for several weeks now.

mort

Reaction score
Missed Diggs too, especially 1st half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
32nd ranked defense yet they knew our plays before we ran them. That's coaching, pure and simple (and I'm not one to complain about the coaching all the time).

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1l7v2v1n said:
Dont let this distract you from the fact regardless of the record this team has been on the decline for several weeks now.
When Clowney and Duane doesn’t play, Seattle folds.

balakoth

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":31dfbueu said:
Cyrus12":31dfbueu said:
When Clowney and Duane doesn’t play, Seattle folds.

THen we truly need to rebuild if that's the issue on TWO players...

TreeRon

Reaction score
I'd like to see us trade some picks (in the off season) for a couple quality O linemen. We may get one maybe two via the draft but that's kind of a crap shoot.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TreeRon":2a8dffjv said:
I'd like to see us trade some picks (in the off season) for a couple quality O linemen. We may get one maybe two via the draft but that's kind of a crap shoot.
I heard my local high school has some decent defensive players PC can turn into offensive lineman. He can get them in round 4 and 5.

olyfan63

Reaction score
TreeRon":2jwlv2zy said:
We have enough O-linemen, aside from having a Left Tackle, and needing more quality depth for all the in-season injuries. I hope they don't trade anything to get one. We have some good injured guys coming back, like Jordan Simmons. We have a LOT of needs in the draft. KJ and Bobby are both nearing the end.

Biggest need is pass rushers who can get home.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Our o-line... I really have no words to describe. Why is Joey Hunt our starting center?He can't hold point he gets blown up atleast half a dozen times a game and can't run block to save his life.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3j6ms82y said:

You think its a coincidence that they have been struggling the last few weeks....and in the last few weeks theyve now lost at one time or another:

Clowney
Carson
Brown
Diggs
Griffin
Kendricks
Lupati
Ansah
Penny
Procise

For a team that is trying to rebuild back to championship caliber, that is quite a bit to overcome. Not just numbers (lots of teams deal with injuries this time of year) but quality. Most of those guys are VITAL to their success.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Cyrus12":cxpv5a5g said:

...from right about the time people started getting seriously injured.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Cant deny it's a factor but the offense has been mostly healthy and in decline. The injuries are now too much to overcome

Elemas

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1xm7vt7v said:
Cyrus12":1xm7vt7v said:

You think its a coincidence that they have been struggling the last few weeks....and in the last few weeks theyve now lost at one time or another:

Clowney
Carson
Brown
Diggs
Griffin
Kendricks
Lupati
Ansah
Penny
Procise

For a team that is trying to rebuild back to championship caliber, that is quite a bit to overcome. Not just numbers (lots of teams deal with injuries this time of year) but quality. Most of those guys are VITAL to their success.

Booyakah.

Yah but, fire Pete.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Is Clowney playing next week or not? It's still the same thing? The sports hernia? Has it gotten worse for him?

mort

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2fh5efsw said:
32nd ranked defense yet they knew our plays before we ran them. That's coaching, pure and simple (and I'm not one to complain about the coaching all the time).

This
They know us too well

mort

Reaction score
Hawkpower":waklki0l said:
Cyrus12":waklki0l said:

Clowney
Carson
Brown
Diggs
Griffin
Kendricks
Lupati
Ansah
Penny
Procise

That list is not comprehensive, or accurate week to week, I can only enjoy the ride. Ready or not here we go

GO HAWKS

Subzero717

Reaction score
Didnt see it mentioned but we changed ST&C staff this offseason. A strange move IMO given how healthy we typically were. When Carroll announced it USC fans were ecstatic he was leaving because the Trojans had been plagued by injuries during his tenure. Not sure it means anything but it is interesting at this point. I cant recall us having this many issues before.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Subzero717":2d71s5d2 said:
Didnt see it mentioned but we changed ST&C staff this offseason. A strange move IMO given how healthy we typically were. When Carroll announced it USC fans were ecstatic he was leaving because the Trojans had been plagued by injuries during his tenure. Not sure it means anything but it is interesting at this point. I cant recall us having this many issues before.

Kam, Avril, Thomas, Sherman, Rawls, Lane, Baldwin, all had devastating injuries. And over the last 10 years there have been many more. I’m not saying this guy is above scrutiny but every strength coach in the league has players get hurt.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":crxiwvi9 said:
Subzero717":crxiwvi9 said:

Kam, Avril, Thomas, Sherman, Rawls, Lane, Baldwin, all had devastating injuries. And over the last 10 years there have been many more. I’m not saying this guy is above scrutiny but every strength coach in the league has players get hurt.

Given the amount of games all those guys played and how they played I still wouldnt consider that a tremedous amount over the course of just shy of a decade.

But yes this is the NFL. Injuries are inevitable.

Latest posts