Three Plays

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
SWhich three plays from Sunday's game would you MOST like to be able to take a mulligan on. And by Mulligan, I mean have the Seahawks get to do that same play over (no adjustments can be made), with no guarantees on what the outcome would be.

For me, the three plays would be...

1. The final play of the first half when Russell was sacked.
2. The final toss over the middle to a wide open Tony Gonzalez
3. The long touchdown toss to Roddy White when Sherman falls down

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I'd just like the ten seconds back when they restarted the game clock after Miller went out of bounds on our second to last possession. 10 more seconds and we probably get into field goal range.

Stuje1

Reaction score
Mine would be based on how frustrated I was in the immediate aftermath of the play:

1. The last play of the first half
2. The 4th and 1
3. The GW field goal

mikeak

Reaction score
Lynch fumble on the second drive - enough said. we march down the field and score a TD there we win the game

salamander

Reaction score
The throw to Gonzalez is the only play we really needed to stop. We stop that and we win.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The 3rd and 1 before the 4th and 1. I think if we re-do the 3rd and 1 we get a 1st down.

The White TD where Sherman fell down and Chancellor played horrible zone to back him up.

The 2nd-to-last pass of the game. The 29 yarder. Take that away and Atlanta faces a 2nd and 10 on the 35 with less than 20 seconds left.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1e7nm9jn said:
Hell, give me just three plays to switch from the entire season to take a mulligan on, and I'll give you a damn good shot at a 14-2 record and HFA throughout.

Truth.

Give me back these 3 plays and I bet we'd be the number 1 seed:

1. Roughing the passer on Earl vs Miami
2. Don't bust coverage on the deep TD to Titus Young vs Detroit
3. Robert Turbin's drop down the sideline vs San Fran the first time

Sigh...what could have been. Amazing how close all the losses were.

tdigitee

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2chhza4q said:
I'd just like the ten seconds back when they restarted the game clock after Miller went out of bounds on our second to last possession. 10 more seconds and we probably get into field goal range.

YES - I have wondered for years why they sometimes do that, thinking "some teams could probably have used that 1-2 extra plays by the end of the game". At the game Sunday I thought the same thing and tragically it was the Hawks...

Can anyone point me to that rule? Thanks.

baumer64

Reaction score
tdigitee":8abru12e said:
RichNhansom":8abru12e said:

YES - I have wondered for years why they sometimes do that, thinking "some teams could probably have used that 1-2 extra plays by the end of the game". At the game Sunday I thought the same thing and tragically it was the Hawks...

Can anyone point me to that rule? Thanks.

I believe it's a "speed up the game for TV rule." Except for the last 5:00 of the half (not sure on that, it could be last two minutes) the clock will re-start when the ball is marked ready for play even on plays following an incomplete pass or play going out of bounds.

Not sure on the specific timing but it's something like that.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
It's the last 5 minutes of the 2nd half and last two minutes of the first.

tdigitee

Reaction score
Thanks but what bugs me is when they do it in the first and third quarters. Have never found a rule or something that says why that can happen (though it may be another "speed up for TV" rule). Terrible rule IMO

OP
OP
Austin Hawk

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
On a slightly unrelated note, am I the only one who has watched the final play of the first half several times and am convinced that we actually snapped the ball before time expired?

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":3dapr9yy said:
On a slightly unrelated note, am I the only one who has watched the final play of the first half several times and am convinced that we actually snapped the ball before time expired?

Nope you are not, I've seen several screenshots of that play, ball was snapped into Russell's hands with 0:01 on the clock, should have been a score and its BS that we can't challenge that and the booth has NEVER initiated a redo like that at the end of a half.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":11copbwj said:

If you watched the broadcast they explained this. The clock shown on TV is not the official clock. There was a poster who was at the game, a Hawks fan, who said they definitely didn't get the play off.

tooshort

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2pd7d8gb said:
Austin Hawk":2pd7d8gb said:

If you watched the broadcast they explained this. The clock shown on TV is not the official clock. There was a poster who was at the game, a Hawks fan, who said they definitely didn't get the play off.

Yeah,that was me... I always watch the clock once motion on the line stops and in this case i spouted words (not allowed here) before the ball was snapped as I watched the clock go to 00