Throwback Clip: Tez and Mirer eating hotdogs on the sideline

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
And I thought eating skittles on the sideline was wild. These guys are eating Ballpark Frank's! Different times I guess.

cymatica

Reaction score
I don't get what the big deal is. They got fined for eating?

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Damn getting Rick Mirer was a bitter pill to swallow that year. All I wanted was Bledsoe after watching the Apple Cup? I think it was the Apple cup in Pullman where he threw that deep strike in the snow. At least Rick wasn't Dan Mcguire. 🤣

PhxPhin

Reaction score
Pre-season game if I rememvber correctly.
It was.

Erickson's first season and he fined tez, mirer and eugene robinson $1k each

Was a great moment with Madden and one I remember being able to watch

Fun to relive that clip

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I remember that game. It was a preseason game and Mirer, Tez and Eugene were obviously done with their work for the day so they had the hotdog guy fix them up. If I remember correctly, even John Madden thought it was funny. It pissed Erickson off so he fined them. At the time I thought it was kind of funny and a big old nothing burger, or nothing dog. Maybe if they got one for Erickson too, he wouldn't have been so mad!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to run into Cortez here in Orlando years ago at a Costco before he passed away. I think we briefly laughed about this. Didn't he send hot dogs over to some 49er players as well that Preseason game?

Mase

Reaction score
- Blame Patrick Hunter for getting Rick Mirer instead of Bledsoe. If he doesn't bat down a late pass in Foxboro the year before, we have the first pick.

- Best Mirer memory for me involved me Dad. He was a huge Bears fan but went to lots of Hawks games with me, and rooted for them unless playing the Bears. I worked with him for years and we regularly listened to sports radio while we worked. When news came across about Mirer being traded, I did the good news, bad news thing with him.
Me: "Dad, good news, Seattle traded Mirer away"
Dad: "Oh thank f@$K for the that. Useless"
Me: "Umm, the bad news is it was to the Bears for a first round pick"

- At first he didn't believe me but then he barely spoke to me the rest of the day, as if I had made the trade. Didn't help that we eventually turned that pick into Walter Jones.

Mase

Optimus25

Reaction score
I just wanna know who exactly is alive with a pulse and doesn’t think we need those unis back.