Throwback uniforms

minormillikin

Reaction score
Basis4day":vrnisc0z said:
minormillikin":vrnisc0z said:
This helmet rule seriously needs a rewrite because it makes no sense. It's not like teams are using leather helmets for the throwback uniforms.

It makes more sense than you might think. Helmets need to fit in a precise way and using a consistent helmet assists in that regard.

Wow, that sounds like about 30 seconds of work.

Osprey

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":28ba7daz said:
CALIHAWK1":28ba7daz said:
Seahawks1983":28ba7daz said:
Road uniforms should only ever be white on blue or white on gray. The white on white is terrible.

Would love to see a throwback uni, but alas the helmet rules prevent it.

My two cents.

What about the helmets? GB and Denver?

I'm not sure what you are asking me, but the NFL has a rule that prevents teams from wearing different helmets throughout the year. So in essence, that prevents the possibility of a throwback silver helmet.

It can be done, just have to be creative. You can wrap the helmet in an applique and still have it look pretty good. I think the Rams did it recently.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1maqv9oc said:
Well thats a dumb rule. No fun league

From what I understand.. some players are using helmets that are no longer being made, so in order to do our throwbacks some players would have to change helmets entirely.. and if they happen to get a concussion in said helmets.. well yeah, you know the rest of that story.

Basically this is a direct result of the concussion lawsuit more than Roger Goodell's ratio of how much fun he wants to have.

halps80

Reaction score
I've been a fan since 1983, and absolutely love our v.1.2 unis (sleeve hawk and blue mask).

That said, this franchise was reborn in 2002: New conference (discounting 1976); new unis and primary colors; new stadium.

Prior to 2002: 26 seasons; 5 playoff appearances (3-5 record, IIRC); 0 Conference Championships; 0 Super Bowls.

2002-present: 12 seasons; 8 playoff appearances (9-7, IIRC); 2 Conference Championships; 1 World Championship.

Those old unis are bad juju. Bury them.

Cartire

Reaction score
halps80":3nrvh3dr said:
I've been a fan since 1983, and absolutely love our v.1.2 unis (sleeve hawk and blue mask).

That said, this franchise was reborn in 2002: New conference (discounting 1976); new unis and primary colors; new stadium.

Prior to 2002: 26 seasons; 5 playoff appearances (3-5 record, IIRC); 0 Conference Championships; 0 Super Bowls.

2002-present: 12 seasons; 8 playoff appearances (9-7, IIRC); 2 Conference Championships; 1 World Championship.

Those old unis are bad juju. Bury them.

I am completely in this line of thinking. Nostalgia will only take me so far. As soon as we changed to the solid blue in 02', all of a sudden we were a constant playoff team (minus a few years). Then we do a huge change again in 2012, and we win the Super Bowl. I guess the next change should result in a decade long dynasty. :0190l:

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Sorry,.............but Nike (who is currently producing the Seahawks' new uniforms), also produces the unis for the Oregon Ducks,.......and their helmets change almost EVERY week.

If safety standards about the helmets (fitting) are in place for the NFL,........are they not in place for the NCAA as well??

Seems to ME that the "old school" NFL teams get to sport their atrocious uniforms from the 1930's - 50's,...........and teams with some actually awesome old school unis from later (like the 1970's) get screwed. It's a loss of merchandise revenue for particular teams.

I (for one), think our original uniforms were the best in the NFL (at the time),.............and I (for one), would LOVE to see our Superbowl Champion Seahawks in their original "colors" for one game.

Come on.

halps80

Reaction score
Again, those old uniforms are probably my second-favorite in the history of the game (behind only our current unis). The issue for me is that we were SO snake-bitten in those duds. My greatest fear is not that we wear them and lose a game. My fear is that we wear them and lose our quarterback, top receiver, and 3/4 of the legion of boom for the season.